NCBABE

Are we doing this right or wrong?

2 posts in this topic

Hello people

Well here's what we done We have got most of the doc's together just waiting on Mick's federal police check to come back really. We are going to do the walkin Thursday deal. I am going to fly to Aussie from the U.S. and and lodge my I-130 and supporting doc's in person. We sent in Mick's 230 parts 1 and 2 to get ourselves a case number. The way we are understanding the process is, we can just go in on any Thursday and get the whole thing done in 1 day. 1 time trip to the Consulate and after approval they'll post out a Visa. There is no second interview or Mick doesnt need a separate interview does he ?

Are we doing anything wrong ? Please help if we are.

Any help would be very much appreciated

THANKYOU

Trish and Mick

Hiya, answered this in your other thread. Lots of changes in Oz but you are kinda between the old and new and since you have already sent in his DS230 they might let you do some shortcuts. You should email them and ask, they will reply.

See here for the new instructions on filing I-130 in Australia:

http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/consular/Pet...nstructions.pdf

Also some conversation here about the changes:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry243646

Some one may have some more up to date experiences for you too.

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.