lisaf

June-VSC approval

4 posts in this topic

Thought Id post this as i was really expecting an RFE... but happy to say it was not so and thought I'd let everyone know what we sent in, especially for those worried.

One cover letter stating:

1.our house has been family owned and passed down since it was built 50 years ago. Currently owned by M- in law and will be transferred to her son on her retirement next year, therefore we do not have a mortgage or a lease. ( no affi from M in law)

2.Our joint bank account was set up for savings, so hadn't had a lot of action-we divvied up the bills so that after we had paid what we needed to out of personal accounts, would know exactly what was left over for play money and not overdraw with co mingled salaries in one checking ac.

3.we do not have utilities in both our names as they either wont do it, or are in previous relatives names and they cant seem to understand that those people have passed away and dont live here any longer!

so along with the form and green card photocopy

2 years joint tax returns with w2's ( not transcripts)

photocopy of refund check

copy of letter stating eligibility for Govt rebate in 08

his work benefits package/ policy showing me as beneficiary.

my Australian super account showing him as beneficiary.

photocopy of our health cards, both in his name

copies of our joint ac over 2 year period despite little action.

copies of our personal accounts at the same banks with highlighted purchases at the same stores near our home over a 2 year period.

photcopy of our library cards and a couple of late notices.

copies of bills that he paid with our address

copies of bills that I paid with our address.

photos of a friends visit from oz

photos of dads visit from oz

photos from random holiday events, birthdays

letters showing our names on envelopes

couple of vet bills in our names

reminder from county to renew dog licenses

couple of mail order invoices with both our names

couple of invitations to social outings

random business and personal emails regarding both of us covering the 2 year period.

a couple of silly facebook snapshots with us gossiping with friends and family.

I did not have a drivers license as I work in Manhattan so am also not included on his auto insurance.

at this time we don't own the house or have a mortgage or lease.

we dont have private life insurance polices other than mentioned on benefits package.

we dont have children

we didnt have affidavids from friends- I just wasnt comfortable with it and felt it was tacky to ask.

I did get transcripts in case of an RFE and a NYC drivers permit once I heard that people were asked for them. Luckily it didnt matter.

good luck to all thsoe waiting!

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: Timeline
Thought Id post this as i was really expecting an RFE... but happy to say it was not so and thought I'd let everyone know what we sent in, especially for those worried.

One cover letter stating:

1.our house has been family owned and passed down since it was built 50 years ago. Currently owned by M- in law and will be transferred to her son on her retirement next year, therefore we do not have a mortgage or a lease. ( no affi from M in law)

2.Our joint bank account was set up for savings, so hadn't had a lot of action-we divvied up the bills so that after we had paid what we needed to out of personal accounts, would know exactly what was left over for play money and not overdraw with co mingled salaries in one checking ac.

3.we do not have utilities in both our names as they either wont do it, or are in previous relatives names and they cant seem to understand that those people have passed away and dont live here any longer!

so along with the form and green card photocopy

2 years joint tax returns with w2's ( not transcripts)

photocopy of refund check

copy of letter stating eligibility for Govt rebate in 08

his work benefits package/ policy showing me as beneficiary.

my Australian super account showing him as beneficiary.

photocopy of our health cards, both in his name

copies of our joint ac over 2 year period despite little action.

copies of our personal accounts at the same banks with highlighted purchases at the same stores near our home over a 2 year period.

photcopy of our library cards and a couple of late notices.

copies of bills that he paid with our address

copies of bills that I paid with our address.

photos of a friends visit from oz

photos of dads visit from oz

photos from random holiday events, birthdays

letters showing our names on envelopes

couple of vet bills in our names

reminder from county to renew dog licenses

couple of mail order invoices with both our names

couple of invitations to social outings

random business and personal emails regarding both of us covering the 2 year period.

a couple of silly facebook snapshots with us gossiping with friends and family.

I did not have a drivers license as I work in Manhattan so am also not included on his auto insurance.

at this time we don't own the house or have a mortgage or lease.

we dont have private life insurance polices other than mentioned on benefits package.

we dont have children

we didnt have affidavids from friends- I just wasnt comfortable with it and felt it was tacky to ask.

I did get transcripts in case of an RFE and a NYC drivers permit once I heard that people were asked for them. Luckily it didnt matter.

good luck to all thsoe waiting!

Congrats!!!##

I cant wait till they touch mine or something.

Congrats!!!##

I cant wait till they touch mine or something.

thanks!

I'm sure you wont be waiting long now, I was frustrated at those after me who were approved then realized we were all approved on the same day, just the mail took longer to reach me!

I never had a site update or touch until the letter. USCIS website update , personal email and hard copy letter all arrived on the same day.

hang in there..

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.