Ash83

VSC Approval but the letter came from Miami Office :):)

4 posts in this topic

Finally the wait is over I got my approval letter yesterday..

The funny thing is how it happened.. I left the US in November 16th to Finland in a 10 days businesses trip.. when I came back on the 26th they gave my some hard time in the airport (Not because of 1-751 but the regular process to take you to a second room and ask you why did you leave?, how long ? ...etc and taking finger prints and photo again.. this the third time they did that to me) this took 45 minutes. and when they told me to go I was so tired and grumpy bcz of this and i was too close tom miss my connection.. I called my wife to tell her that I am in the US now and I finished customs and Passport control and she told me I just checked the mail and you got your approval letter :):):):):) the date on the letter is 10/21/2009

I want to ask two things about the approval letter:

- I am a VSCer and my letter came from the Miami office ???? it is weird why it came from there?? is VSC so overwhelmed that it started to transfer application to local offices???

- They used initial for my first name on the letter i.e if you are John Smith the letter will say J. Smith?? Do i have to call to correct this or is it normal???

FYI.. my status online is still pending blah blah....

See you in 7 month for N-400

Take care..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
No worries --- my letter came from TX, and I filed with CSC

Congrats! :dance:

I think the letter usually comes from your local office. CSC and VSC are the service centers that process the applications.

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.