emilio delgado

got a RFE but need help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi I need some help I file for a k1 and got a RFE because when ask if I file for k1 in the past I put yes but when I see the RFE it stays that

filing limitation waiver imposed limitation on the numbers of petitions a petitioner for k1 non immigrant visa for an alien fiance may file or have approved without seeking a waiver of application of those limitations . if you have file for 2 or more k1 visa at any time in the past or or previusly had a k1 visa approved withing the last two years you must apply for a waiver

this is the problem I file for a k1 visa but this was back in 1994 , 15 years ago this is well out of the 2 years they required

can someone help me with this and if so how do I get a waiver just in case I really need it

I seem to remember your K-1 application was rejected last time you posted. Did you re-submit? Is this the same application? Please try to provide clear details

yes I re sumited but now I am getting this RFE I file for k1 back in 1994 and was approve , fine I got divorce in 1999 and now I file for this one do I still need a waiver or is there some kind of misstake

Easy. USCIS asks you for documents/letters/explanations; you provide them. So provide what they asked for. What you typed does not sound like an RFE though --- they are very explicit on what they request. What does the letter say right on top? Does it say NOTICE OF ACTION or does it say REQUEST FOR FURTHER EVIDENCE?

Easy. USCIS asks you for documents/letters/explanations; you provide them. So provide what they asked for. What you typed does not sound like an RFE though --- they are very explicit on what they request. What does the letter say right on top? Does it say NOTICE OF ACTION or does it say REQUEST FOR FURTHER EVIDENCE?

it is noted in the past that you had file two or more k1 visas in the past a filing waiver is need it there for you are requested to comply with the following

and then it says what I wrote on the top of the page

anyways how do you write a letter like this , just write the reasonns you think it should be waive and thats it

OK, got it. You have filed 2 K-1's in the past. the 1994 one and the rejected one. Hence, you need to file the waiver. you could make an infopass apointment and go tell them this K-1 is for person #2.

yea you are right before I saw your post I though about it I am writing the letter and I will sent the letter of deniel I do have it and maybe this will clear this up

how do I make this infopass apoinment call then up in the 1 800 number and request what , speak to who

or can I just sent the deniel letter along with explanation as to why it shows 2 aplications in the past

thank you for your help and my hopes are high this is just a bump in the road anyways it taking a lot shorter now at Vermont service center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.