Bernie C

Household Registration Book

5 posts in this topic

Two Questions.

1) Can some one explain to me what is the Household Registaration Book? I asked Doan and she was not sure. I asked her to ask her parents if they have one. I hope this will not be a problem!

2) Is there a preffered method to send the packet 3 DS-230 and DS-2001 forms back to the HCM consulate when ready? It says mail, fax, email, or hand carry but I thought I read somewhere that it is preferred on way or another. Interested to know how others sent it and if one way may be better than another.

Thanks everyone for your help and support!

THINK PINK, BE STRONG, BE CONFIDENT, BE THOUROUGH and BE IN LOVE FOREVER

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hộ khẩu: Bản chính và bản photocopy.

It is a requirement for every house/family to have at least 1... there can actually be more than 1 for a house in some cases when multiple adult generations are in the same home...

Her family will know what it is... when you say Hộ khẩu

Fax or email as it is the fastest.. if she is close to HCMC then have her hand deliver them... as soon as they get those docs, they will schedule an appt approx 2 months later.

I have them ready to email as soon as they get the case.... just waiting for NVC to let us out of AP in the next day or so.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Ho khau is prononounced "How-cow" if you need to say it to her on the phone.

If at all possible, I would hand carry it to the consulate and give it to the lady at the window. That's the only SURE way that you can know that they got it. I also e-mailed them the day that Hien dropped it off, knowing that it would be 4-5 days before they responded. My e-mail simply asked them to confirm that they had receipt of the DS-230 Part I. This was their response:

"Dear Mr. Todd:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have already received the beneficiary's completed DS-230 Part I. Our office will schedule an appointment at the earliest opportunity. Once a visa interview appointment has been set, we will notify the applicant by mail. Please contact us at the end of each month for further information about the appointment date.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email and please include the complete case number (HCM XXXX-XXX-XXX) in all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC"

Thanks Everyone - Your all so awesome! I'll be glad when I have enough experience and confidence to help others as you have helped me! It's so great to have the support of others who have been through or are going through this process.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.