sus

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 20)

5,642 posts in this topic

ROFL @ Tre's yoga story.

Competitive tai chi?? :blink:

That, and me having to get used to the fact that there's no more real "me" time when I get home from work anymore. Before, I could come home and unwind a little bit, let my mind rest and get myself back together before I moved on to the next task, but no more. Now, because my husband is there by himself all day, he demands all of my attention when I get home. And while most days I don't mind, on a couple of occasions lately I told him that I needed some time to relax first, and I think it hurt his feelings. I just keep trying to remember to be patient, and to remember that this won't last forever.

Been (and still am) there.

Steven wasn't liking my internet time when I'd get home, so I started staying a few minutes later at work if I wanted to catch up online.

Girl I am in the same boat Hubby told me "Night time is my time lef deh computer" LOL

ok ladies I am leaving dem a wuk a sistah tiddeh trust me, going to pick up something special for Hubby's dinner maybe Indian food but I know he want's pizza :whistle: . Have a bokkle of wine from Thanksgiving and a new shipment of Nollywood flicks and a video game. SESSI PARTY TIME LOL

Cya

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need a new Nollywood flick Philly! Have a good weekend!

Nat get Steven into the computer then he won't have a problem with you when you are on it. I think Hubby is on the computer more than I am now. He is the FB KING!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone know how to make a Jamican fruit cake??? I think fruit cake is just nasty but my man likes it and I am going to attempt and make one for him once he is here so I better start trying now.

You know how many ingrediants in fruit cake? I would find an international store and buy it. Way too much work.

And, I think you have to let it sit a while for the rum to ferment or whatever it does, right?

Mi mada mek dem.

I made one just a couple of weeks ago for my hubby's bday!

It didnt look as black and they say you only get that color with grace browning, which I didnt have, but it gets pretty dark due to creaming and burning the brown sugar.

For the cake to taste pretty authentic, you do need to let the fruits soak about a week

I soaked mine in red label wine adn then actually used the rum when i made the cake..but I think it would be better using rum for both!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
ROFL @ Tre's yoga story.

Competitive tai chi?? :blink:

That, and me having to get used to the fact that there's no more real "me" time when I get home from work anymore. Before, I could come home and unwind a little bit, let my mind rest and get myself back together before I moved on to the next task, but no more. Now, because my husband is there by himself all day, he demands all of my attention when I get home. And while most days I don't mind, on a couple of occasions lately I told him that I needed some time to relax first, and I think it hurt his feelings. I just keep trying to remember to be patient, and to remember that this won't last forever.

Been (and still am) there.

Steven wasn't liking my internet time when I'd get home, so I started staying a few minutes later at work if I wanted to catch up online.

Nat---Tai Chi...in its original forms, was originally only practiced by Shaolin monks who were trained for the art of war. The series of movements (all based on various animal signs) were specific attack movements, and only the best monks were trained. Although the movements look graceful, each one is a deadly move. To understanding the real reason behind each movement it is better to train at a kung fu school that specializes in wu shu or something similar. That's what I did when I was in Maryland. To train competitively it's about the execution of the techniques in the form alone (forms) or against an opponent (push hands). I had national ranking back in '03 or '04 I believe in my push hands. I love that kinda stuff. Loved to learn about the animal movements, the weapons, the forms, all of that...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Well, while I'm waiting for DADA to get to business (:lol:) I'll give you a brief update on how hubby and I are adjusting. First let me say that I truly am thanking God that I finally have my husband here. I know he is my blessing, my king, and I look forward to doing so much with him as time goes on. With that being said, it's beginning to get a little more tense around the house. My husband has been here since 11/1, and unfortunately we still haven't received his greencard in the mail yet, so he still hasn't been able to go out and look for work. We know for a fact that there are a few places hiring within walking distance (I live a mile and half from a major shopping center in the area), but it feels like we're stuck in regards to applying since there's no telling when the card will come in. Unfortunately because he's stuck at the house most of the day, he's become incredibly antsy. And before you guys say anything, I'm trying to put myself in his shoes. This is a man that is used to working and taking care of his entire family, and now, he is able to contribute very little financially to the household, and this is definitely taking its toll on him. He does help out in alot of other ways (cooking, cleaning, taking care of Kingston, laundry, etc) but he told me that he gets tired of seeing me walk out of the door every morning to go to work, and he isn't able to do so :( I do my best to convince him that hopefully it won't be much longer, and it breaks my heart to come home and see him just looking at me with sad eyes because he feels like he's not doing enough. So, that's the major stuff we're trying to work through. That, and me having to get used to the fact that there's no more real "me" time when I get home from work anymore. Before, I could come home and unwind a little bit, let my mind rest and get myself back together before I moved on to the next task, but no more. Now, because my husband is there by himself all day, he demands all of my attention when I get home. And while most days I don't mind, on a couple of occasions lately I told him that I needed some time to relax first, and I think it hurt his feelings. I just keep trying to remember to be patient, and to remember that this won't last forever. Aside from that, he really seems to like the NC area. He went bowling for the first time last night, and ended up having a good time (will post some pics on FB). Of course we've gone out to shopping centers, gone to movies, out to the bars, enjoyed friends, and have gone out to listen to some good live reggae music. We hope to be able to do much more when he starts working. He hasn't complained of missing home much, and has been able to talk to his mother and brothers on a fairly consistent basis. I also make sure that he calls his family in NY at least once or twice a week, and right now we're hoping to plan a trip there in the spring :) Long story short, there have been a couple of bumps...but he hasn't blown up any appliances, there's been no blood shed, and there are enuff sexy parties a gwaan to make everyting irie! :thumbs: We're anxiously looking forward to the arrival of the GC though so we can keep moving forward with school and work. Good luck to everyone whose hubbys/so's are coming soon or just got here.

(L)

Tamisha

Im blind from trying to read this dayum post! lol

Philly, sorry bout your friend (F)

Be there for her as best you can so far away (((hugs)))

To all the people curling up with your men tonight... GIVE THANKS!!! :star:

I'm still hugging my cell phone :lol:

Stop lying JAP!How can you "hug" anything wid di belly? :bonk::rofl:

Timeline
Mamjew: You had me cracking up with that "hot toddy"..my mama used to make those for me and my sister as we got older and we weren't feeling well (I'm sure there's a law against that! :lol:). She would heat up some honey and lemon on the stove, and mix it with some brandy. Wrap us up in blankets, and everything from the rooter to the tooter was coming out of us! :lol::blink:

my auntie did that for me when I was in SC... dems the best way to get rid of whateva ailes ya!

Timeline
Oooooh Oooooh! I just thought of something--I'm gonna see if I can find some affordable and/or free tai chi classes to get back into. I loved practicing tai chi, and did so competitively when I lived in Maryland....(off to do my research) :thumbs:

there you go...I use to do YOGA but,well, :blush: di bending n all was easy...but lawd...the GAS release did a kill everybadi innah di class so mi get shame n no go back --- I took 6 classes though...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Timeline
hang in there mrs p! rewind my life by 2 years and i know exactly what yuh feeling. take one day at a time. before yuh knoa it, di man wi ave him own job, im own car, im own money, im own friends, and im own routine....and den yuh can breath again. ie juss temporary mi gyal.......

i needed to hear that too! Thanks Finesse :thumbs:

Timeline

Hey Yardies...I just want to say thanks to all of you for helping me to get to this point...GARFIELD IS FINALLY HERE :dance::dance::dance:

Lata

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline
Oooooh Oooooh! I just thought of something--I'm gonna see if I can find some affordable and/or free tai chi classes to get back into. I loved practicing tai chi, and did so competitively when I lived in Maryland....(off to do my research) :thumbs:

there you go...I use to do YOGA but,well, :blush: di bending n all was easy...but lawd...the GAS release did a kill everybadi innah di class so mi get shame n no go back --- I took 6 classes though...

:rofl: :rofl: :crying: :crying: :rofl: :rofl:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

:rofl: I really did wannna drink my wata .. Now my computer screen has it.

tap laugh aftah mi ooman :crying: u have no idea how embrassing dat was I thought the woman behind me got blown into the wall she was about 90lbs...

OK....I got one for ya.....Every Tuesday night I have my Massage class...I give one and get one...well, I wasn't normally a "get a massage" type of gyal so I never even thought too seriously about what I was eating before going to class.....I figured out getting a 5 layer burrito from Taco Hell is not a good choice cause when laying on your stomach relaxing during a massage....it will come back to haunt you!!!!! :blush::blink::blush:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning ladies! I wanna say I have NOT posted in a while but I come here every day. First off I never want u to write in that colour again Mrs. Palmer I had to run and put my glasses on and that still did not help! My hubby and I are still adjusting girl everything takes time hun!

Lady C I am so glad u man reach, so happy for u!

JAP I am praying that whatever the delay is it will work itself out!

Philly my condolences goes out to ur GF (F):(

Anything else I forgot please forgive me, I am tired...too much lass nite :thumbs: mi gone back a mi bed!

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline
Hey Yardies...I just want to say thanks to all of you for helping me to get to this point...GARFIELD IS FINALLY HERE :dance::dance::dance:

Lata

YAAAAY!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lata

CONGRATS.....SEXII PARTY TIME :devil:

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay guys I know that dhl can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 months(so I've heard) but I had my interview on 11/25 and I still havent heard anything.....I know I should be patient but im just anxious I guess...Should I be worried??? How long has it taken those of you thats been thru this?

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.