joe_robin66

Calling all North of 60 fans!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know its a show that wasn't shown in all provinces, only AB I think, but my fiance loves it and I've seen it as well and think its a great show. They do still show it in the afternoons in Calgary, so he's been recording it to get all the episodes, but they've also done 4 movies but they don't seem to want to air those (although I'm sure they will the second he moves to the states). Was hoping to find someone that might possibly have the movies on dvd or even VHS, and that they might be able to get copies of them for me to surprise him with. Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Robin :help::thumbs:

Removal of Conditions

10.15.2012 ROC package sent to California Service Center

10.18.2012 Package received

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

10.29.2012 NOA received dated 10.18.2012

10.29.2012 Biometrics appt received

11.14.2012 Biometrics

I love North of 60 too. I watched it in MB. I was trying to explain it to my husband. I searched around for awhile to see if it was on DVD but didn't have any luck. If you find anything, let me know, I'd love to get the seasons on DVD to watch with the hubby. I think he'd get a kick out of it as we live next to a reservation and seems like alot of the storyline is fitting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ill see if I can find any info on where to get some episodes. Jordan Wheeler is actually in our family who wrote for some of North of 60. I really enjoyed the series and it was fun to see our cousins in the episodes. =D

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline

I knew I could count on VJ folks for some help!

We have almost all the episodes now, a few here and there that we need still along with season two. (tvtropolis doesn't like to show things in order)

I went up to Calgary in July and we went to the location where it was filmed in Bragg Creek, AB. Trespassing is what it ended up being, but the guard there was really nice and took us on a tour of the buildings. Alot is still there, but they've changed alot for other movies. Very cool to see though!

Thanks for the help!! :dancing:

Removal of Conditions

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried out for that show once back in high school for a walk on role and they told me I wasn't ethnic enough for the particular role. It was good times.

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I know its a show that wasn't shown in all provinces, only AB I think, but my fiance loves it and I've seen it as well and think its a great show. They do still show it in the afternoons in Calgary, so he's been recording it to get all the episodes, but they've also done 4 movies but they don't seem to want to air those (although I'm sure they will the second he moves to the states). Was hoping to find someone that might possibly have the movies on dvd or even VHS, and that they might be able to get copies of them for me to surprise him with. Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Robin :help::thumbs:

It was shown straight across Canada I believe, and I think it was on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), prehaps you can try contacting them and they might be about to help you.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline

I loved North of Sixty. Its like someone wrote about our family up north, and I swear the character Teevee was written after my cousin George. :lol:

I tried out for that show once back in high school for a walk on role and they told me I wasn't ethnic enough for the particular role. It was good times.

I guess you didn't audition with an eagle feather in your hair.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Man they play that show on TVtropolis all the time...watched it as a kid and loved...particularly when I was living on a native reserve lol

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I loved North of Sixty. Its like someone wrote about our family up north, and I swear the character Teevee was written after my cousin George. :lol:

I guess you didn't audition with an eagle feather in your hair.

It's so funny because I was going to go back with a feather in my hair and my moccasins and be like: "A-HOW!" :rofl:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Almost from the horses mouth. =D This is the reply I got from Jordan.

I've never seen one but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might ask the CBC or the Calgary based production company the show was co-produced by (look up Doug McLeod) or try Alliance/Atlantis -- I think they own the show.

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline
Almost from the horses mouth. =D This is the reply I got from Jordan.

I've never seen one but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might ask the CBC or the Calgary based production company the show was co-produced by (look up Doug McLeod) or try Alliance/Atlantis -- I think they own the show.

When we went to Bragg Creek and had the tour, the security guard gave us Doug McLeod's number. Joe called him to see if he knew of the movies being on dvd and the guy acted like he was way to important to be on the phone with us. He said that there isn't anything on dvd and isn't sure if there ever will be. Guess we'll just have to hope one of the channels up there shows the movies on tv before he moves out here. If anyone finds anything else out, please let me know. Thanks!

Removal of Conditions

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.