Claire and Troy

Packet 3 forms questions and clarifcation - London

2 posts in this topic

We are currently waiting on packet 3 and I have some specific questions regarding the forms and I-134.

1. When my fiancee fills out her forms as required on the packet 3 checklist, does she need to duplicate them for her daughter? I think the answer is yes, but on which forms and how many for K-2 derivative?

2. I've read that I need to fill out an additional I-134 for my fiancee's daughter in addition to naming her on her mother's I-134. Is this correct? (child is listed on I-129f form)

3. Regarding the I-134 form; If I did not claim my 2 sons on my 2008 tax returns, are they required to be listed? Both children are claimed on my 2007 returns along with my ex-wife (filed jointly). In my decree of divorce, dated May of 09, it states that my ex-wife will claim both our sons on her taxes every year in exchange for lower monthly support.

4. Since I am paying child maintenance and have joint custody, is there anything I need to know or do on my I-134? Both my children live with their mother and I get them every weekend as stated in my decree.

5. I earn roughly $39 to 40K per year in wages depending on overtime (2008 returns show 41K). Is this sufficient to be listed by itself on the I-134? Should I list my home? I do have a mortgage on it, however there isn't much equity since it was refinanced approximately 5 years ago. The only other asset of note is my vehicle.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this so we have everything in order. We don't want to get caught with our pants down for an oversight or something else that could/should have been noted.

Thanks and Regards,

T&C

Check our Timeline

*bump*

Any information on any of the questions posted is appreciated. I'm pretty sure we know what to do, just trying to clear up a few things so we are confident we have it all in order.

For example, what do we put on the I-134 for my fiancee's daughter? Do I need to list my kids on the I-134 and does it count toward the household income if my kids are with me on weekends? Little things like that. Question 1 is our immediate need since we're not sure which forms to duplicate for K-2 and how many. We don't want to overlook some detail that could impact our chances for approval.

I likely will keep the income part simple and just list my wages as they seem good enough to satisfy the requirements.

Anyone?

T&C

Check our Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.