ecuaciones0809

N-400 Form Question

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm working on the N-400 form already and I need clarification on the Part 6 - B question regarding the employement or school. I have only had one job for the last 3 years here. Do i need to add the other jobs from my country or just from here.

Thank you,

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Ecuaiones0809,

In answer to your question: If it makes you feel any better, when I filled out my N-400 form, I filled out the employment/school part for the last 5 years, just like it says so on the form...."better safe than sorry", I think. Heck, I've had 0 paid jobs (but only a few volunteer jobs and am a homemaker/stay-at-home mom) since I've been here in the USA, and I was a student in my former country (Canada)...but still wrote all that down anyways....

After all, if you list all of your jobs/education for the last 5 years, they can't say that you didn't include such, and/or say that you lied about such...Better to tell the truth and include everything, than omit stuff...

Besides, it makes for good conversation if the Immigration Officer ever asks..."So what did you do in your former country, and here in the USA?"...lol..

Overall, it doesn't make a difference as to what job or how many jobs you have now or had before, as it doesn't affect it in terms of a person's qualifications for applying for citizenship (that would be discriminatory anways..as citizenship should be available for all, regardless of one's employment and/or education). In my opinion, they just want to see what you've been doing since you've been in the USA that's all (and to see if you've been paying taxes if you need to)....no harm in mentioning all your jobs/education...nothing to be ashamed of...

Now for the travel part (dates out of the country), that matters....Too many days out of the country can make one ineligible..lol...that's another story...

Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey too.

Ant

Hi,

I'm working on the N-400 form already and I need clarification on the Part 6 - B question regarding the employement or school. I have only had one job for the last 3 years here. Do i need to add the other jobs from my country or just from here.

Thank you,

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Thanks Ant,

I appreciate your answer!

Hi Ecuaiones0809,

In answer to your question: If it makes you feel any better, when I filled out my N-400 form, I filled out the employment/school part for the last 5 years, just like it says so on the form...."better safe than sorry", I think. Heck, I've had 0 paid jobs (but only a few volunteer jobs and am a homemaker/stay-at-home mom) since I've been here in the USA, and I was a student in my former country (Canada)...but still wrote all that down anyways....

After all, if you list all of your jobs/education for the last 5 years, they can't say that you didn't include such, and/or say that you lied about such...Better to tell the truth and include everything, than omit stuff...

Besides, it makes for good conversation if the Immigration Officer ever asks..."So what did you do in your former country, and here in the USA?"...lol..

Overall, it doesn't make a difference as to what job or how many jobs you have now or had before, as it doesn't affect it in terms of a person's qualifications for applying for citizenship (that would be discriminatory anways..as citizenship should be available for all, regardless of one's employment and/or education). In my opinion, they just want to see what you've been doing since you've been in the USA that's all (and to see if you've been paying taxes if you need to)....no harm in mentioning all your jobs/education...nothing to be ashamed of...

Now for the travel part (dates out of the country), that matters....Too many days out of the country can make one ineligible..lol...that's another story...

Hope this helps. Good luck on your journey too.

Ant

Hi,

Thank you,

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi ecuacoines0809,

No problem. Glad to be able to help you here...:)

Ant

Thanks Ant,

I appreciate your answer!

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.