Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
speaking of jobs.. roger is always shocked at how much ppl get paid here as we listen to the job line on morning radio.. he says he will take whatever work he can get, but im starting to think i better prepare him cuz he sounds like he is in for a rude awakening..

finesse, jg, were ur guys disappointed in the pay here??? oh and chiney too.. if she come back

he worked in the airport but also did window installation so i guess that paid ok money i guess..

Quana,

My husband is the opposite he has a certificate in Jamaica for Forklift through Caterpillar(CAT) and worked for his job for 4 years and was only making $330JA per hour

So he sees that McDonalds gets paid almost double than that and he is in heaven.

And the jobs he is going for is 11, 12, 13 so he thinks he is going to be a millionaire :no:

lol.. thats cute..jq..

forklift work is good to get here.. i always see openings on craigslist

well 11 and up is pretty good .. the cost of living is relatively low in TX so wages are normal to start out 8 or 9 if u are lucky and w/ exp (which he won't have if they dont consider the JA work)10 or 11...

he is like, u supposed to raise a family of 4 on that baby??? im like.. I AM WORKING TOO BABY.. lol..

but i appreciate his desire to have more..

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
hey girl any word on that RFE?

No sah i got the letter on the 12th and I mailed it back on di 18th and dey receive it on di 21st so mi affi just wait likkle...u know how dem slow already! :bonk:

Oh...yes they are slow but not lately they have been moving a little faster :unsure: so you should be getting your approval soon :thumbs:

well thats true but I think in a week or 2 I should hear something....then I will be :dance: like im crazy!

WHY i pick up the phone and in the background..this LIKKLE pickney

chat bout "u wanna hit me, u wanna hit me?? i'll punch u in ur face"the adult is telling the child to get his rass up and go in the other room and the child just keep on talking LOL

wat :blink: oh no where Dada or Honey at to punch em in the throat :unsure: ...lol

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
so jq.. do u put his jamaica experience on his resume w/ phone numbers and all? or do u just list his skills and training?

Girl when I send his resume I send his recommendation form the president of the mining company and his certificate.

Plus all the skills and training that he has let me give you a little piece lol

Skills

• Able to operate heavy equipment such as front end loaders, bulldozers, track type excavators, forklifts, and dump trucks.

• Excellent ability to clear and level land

• Operates equipment in a safe and productive manner

• Maintains a high standard of safety and housekeeping for the equipment assigned

• Performing routine service checks on equipment

• Great ability to make minor repairs and adjustment to equipment

• Uncommon ability to operate motorized equipment with great skills in a safe manner

• Excellent knowledge of use and care of hand and power tools such as air hammer compressor and other mechanical tools

• In-depth ability to follow instructions

PLUS education and certificates.

But they were not biting at first

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Timeline
LOL, Moni - I saw your posts on FB and was wondering when you would piece it together -

Sus!! A little birdie clued me in!! Whenk I read this I was like WOW!! It really hit home. My husband cheated on me with someone I considered to be a close friend! The girl was in my wedding! She lived with us when she had no where to stay! Came to family functions and all! Well needless to say when I found out about the affair I ended my marriage and ended the friendship with her as well! I tried to approach her like a woman but she would not talk to me and started spreading rumors around town about me! Saying that the reason why my husband and I broke up was because I CHEATED!! WTH?? Needless to say we ran into each other a year later and she got the much needed beating that she deserved!

Some might say that I was wrong but I don't!! I think my actions were justified!! This was my HUSBAND!! My children's FATHER!!

SOME THINGS YOU JUST DON'T DO!!

Finally someone just like me. Whoo I think we gone get along just perfect!!!

DaDa... Hello!! It's ME RICK ROSS!! LMAO... Moni!! LMAO.. I know that I've been gone from VJ some time but have you forgotten about me?

Timeline
speaking of jobs.. roger is always shocked at how much ppl get paid here as we listen to the job line on morning radio.. he says he will take whatever work he can get, but im starting to think i better prepare him cuz he sounds like he is in for a rude awakening..

finesse, jg, were ur guys disappointed in the pay here??? oh and chiney too.. if she come back

he worked in the airport but also did window installation so i guess that paid ok money i guess..

Quana,

My husband is the opposite he has a certificate in Jamaica for Forklift through Caterpillar(CAT) and worked for his job for 4 years and was only making $330JA per hour

So he sees that McDonalds gets paid almost double than that and he is in heaven.

And the jobs he is going for is 11, 12, 13 so he thinks he is going to be a millionaire :no:

lol.. thats cute..jq..

forklift work is good to get here.. i always see openings on craigslist

well 11 and up is pretty good .. the cost of living is relatively low in TX so wages are normal to start out 8 or 9 if u are lucky and w/ exp (which he won't have if they dont consider the JA work)10 or 11...

he is like, u supposed to raise a family of 4 on that baby??? im like.. I AM WORKING TOO BABY.. lol..

but i appreciate his desire to have more..

AWWWWWWW :yes:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Is yelling Heyyyyy to all my VJ Sistahs hoping all is well with each and every one of you! Take care

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline
DaDa... Hello!! It's ME RICK ROSS!! LMAO... Moni!! LMAO.. I know that I've been gone from VJ some time but have you forgotten about me?

moni.. i was saying the same thing to myself when i read dada statement.. like "ya nuh knoa dis from lang time ago???" but i don't wanna pick on my friend so much.. :whistle:

Timeline

Quana,

aawwwww......he's just eager to work that's :thumbs:

wait till he see his paycheck and the taxes drawn out...lol

Edited by Haymsmorgan

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline
Stonelove...u nuh drap yet? :star:

FINESSE...I feel sexy all the time (*inserts shake titty smiley*)

Nope didn't drop yet...she does not want to come out....so opposite of my son...he was ready a little too early and couldn't wait to come out...had him at 33 weeks....am going to be 38 weeks this coming saturday...I want this to be over...at least this friday will be my last day at work before i go on maternity leave.....soooo looking forward to that... :thumbs:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
so jq.. do u put his jamaica experience on his resume w/ phone numbers and all? or do u just list his skills and training?

Girl when I send his resume I send his recommendation form the president of the mining company and his certificate.

But they were not biting at first

i think its like u said.. just not wanting to hire a foreigner..which is frustrating when u know u can do the work

he thinks he will have better luck of better pay in construction, or some type of labor job.. i don't know much about how they pay, but i figured it was just about the same unless u own ur own business or something :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
lol princess u have di smiley dem pon speed dial

she do have di best smiley dem...

Thought for today,

There are 8 states that begins with the letter M.

Maryland- done that

Mississippi- done that

Michigan- visiting now

Maine ????

Massachusetts ????

Minnesota maybe too cold

Missouri ????

Montana ??????

mi gyal, what are you doing in MIchigan right now?

where are you?

justucia, are you a blonde?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: She took the boat with Dillon

Hey now!!!!! :no:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Is yelling Heyyyyy to all my VJ Sistahs hoping all is well with each and every one of you! Take care

Hey there Journee, how are u?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.