sunandmoon

Manila Embassy Visa Class 2006-2007

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering how members are doing back when we were going thru the K-1 Visa process. hard to believe it's been 2 1/2 years since my wife arrived in the USA. I can remember it like yesterday when she and her daughter landed at SFO. there was been some ups and downs, but it has been a fantastic 2 1/2 years. searching for a job was frustrating for my wife, but she was able to get a job as an Activity Director at a Skilled Nursing Facility. her getting a driver's license was an adventure. :lol:

we've applied to remove conditions, with Biometric Appointment in a couple of weeks. hope everyone else is doing fine...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Just wondering how members are doing back when we were going thru the K-1 Visa process. hard to believe it's been 2 1/2 years since my wife arrived in the USA. I can remember it like yesterday when she and her daughter landed at SFO. there was been some ups and downs, but it has been a fantastic 2 1/2 years. searching for a job was frustrating for my wife, but she was able to get a job as an Activity Director at a Skilled Nursing Facility. her getting a driver's license was an adventure. :lol:

we've applied to remove conditions, with Biometric Appointment in a couple of weeks. hope everyone else is doing fine...

We are doing good Roy... Ruchie got her first job at a hospital here in town. Mathew started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. We applied to lift conditions July 27th and already had the Biometrics appointment. Amazing how time flies!!!!! BTW. Ruchie still doesn't have her Drivers License... :o

Thanks for the reminder.

3 years ago today wife and anak arrived here in Hawaii. Same trip. Wife got drivers license without me having a stroke!

She has great job as CNA. Anak went from very little English to head of her class in reading comprehension.

Time ly. Applying for USC in 2 weeks.

She can divorce me then and I'll go get another pinay!!! LOL.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Claudeth was a year earlier (2005) and is doing fine with the exception of a driver's license. She wants to drive but isn't doing much about studying for the written test so she can get a learner's permit.

Edited by Jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Myla is doing great. The good news is she finally got her authorization to take the NCLEX-RN exam after 7 months of credential evaluation. She has been working as a CNA since January and we are working hard :) to have a baby. Since driving by herself for a year now, no accidents and no tickets. Our lifting of conditions is due June next year. No plans to go back to the Philippines yet since her Mom is coming over for a visit next year.

Its been a year and 10 months since we got married and everyday is getting better.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

We were detained a year with all the 2007 backlogs (NOA, CSC, and NVC) and umteen weeks of Document Verification. :jest:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Time is flying, that's for sure! Just over 2.5 years later, we both are settling full-time into the family thing. Jenalyn got her first job in retail a week after getting her work authorization. She received her drivers license within a year of coming to Pennsylvania. We visited the Philippines last February, the family was so happy to see their little girl. Currently, Jenalyn is enrolled at the local community college to get her dental hygienist certificate. Oh, we also just had a baby boy named MacArthur 3 months ago! Life is crazy great.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

We are doing good here also. Almost two and a half years now since Mirasol arrived to California. She was been working in retail and just started taking her CNA certification course. She got her driver's license and has only had a few minor problems. The latest was a flat tire last night when she hit a curb. :)

Mirasol's daughter arrived in the USA last July and has been studying hard. She is learning a lot of English and speaks it well for the time she has been learning it. Now if only we could get her to apply it in school. :) She is a good kid though. She just likes to speak her new language a lot...especially when the teacher is talking. :lol:

Other than that, we are getting ready to move to a new place this month. Hoping all goes smoothly.

We have filed to remove conditions for Mirasol and AOS for her daughter. We have an interview for the AOS on the 16th pf this month and still waiting to hear on the removal of conditions.

Take Care Everyone!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.