scotty's girl

haven't received my packet 3 yet..

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's almost two weeks since the USEM received our case, but until now, I haven't received the packet 3 :(. I got a letter from them the other day, but it's just an instruction on how to secure a police clearance from Israel. Did all of you got your packet 3? Btw, what is packet 3? Thanks.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

call the manila embassy and ask for it. u might have to call couple of times.

u can ask rockhouse he knows how to call manila embassy and talk. may be he can give u better advice.

good luck. abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline
call the manila embassy and ask for it. u might have to call couple of times.

u can ask rockhouse he knows how to call manila embassy and talk. may be he can give u better advice.

good luck. abby n sheryl

Thanks abby n sheryl

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the embassy already and scheduled her interview and my girl hasn't gotten packet 3 either. I don't really know why you'd need it. You can see a copy of the letter they send (packet 3)here on this site. They don't actually send a "packet" anymore from what I read they just refer you to a website.

Just call the embassy and set your interview then pay your fee and do your medical then pass your interview. You'll be with your loved one super fast!! :)

Timeline
I called the embassy already and scheduled her interview and my girl hasn't gotten packet 3 either. I don't really know why you'd need it. You can see a copy of the letter they send (packet 3)here on this site. They don't actually send a "packet" anymore from what I read they just refer you to a website.

Just call the embassy and set your interview then pay your fee and do your medical then pass your interview. You'll be with your loved one super fast!! :)

I wish we can do that now. But then, I still have to file a request for police clearance to the embassy of Israel. And I also need to have my birth certificate amended because of my blank middle name :(...

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline
My girl got all her docs while we were waiting for the NCICS to clear it all here. I hope you are able to do it. I know how bad it is to be apart for the person you love! Good luck.

Thanks a lot..We're really hoping everything will turn out well. Good luck too.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline

YOu can call the USEM and schedule your interview now.. no need to wait for the packet 3.

then when you schedule your interview, you can get the clearance and other documents since your gonna present all of it during your interview.

at least that's what we did before. I don't know if the procedure already changed.

Good Luck !!! ;)

snxcq70j3.png

Timeline
YOu can call the USEM and schedule your interview now.. no need to wait for the packet 3.

then when you schedule your interview, you can get the clearance and other documents since your gonna present all of it during your interview.

at least that's what we did before. I don't know if the procedure already changed.

Good Luck !!! ;)

Thanks Yeth! We can't schedule my interview yet because we don't know when the police clearance will arrive. The staff at the Embassy of Israel told me that it will take at least 6 weeks. We might set it 3rd week of October hoping that my clearance has been forwarded to the USEM at that time.

AOS Process

7zglumjya7rwu.png

• 2 weeks later...

i just called the USEM here in manila ( Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0)

the representative told me that they dont send the packet three anymore. they only send a letter, one page, informing they already received the approval notice.

they got my approval information electronically last sept 8, 2009 and i was told to call at least a week from today to schedule my interview. i will call then and will update you guys :)

good luck everyone :luv:

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.