MDresident

IR5 for Father Casablanca Interview Pls Help!

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My father has had his interview today, according to him everything went well but they asked him to bring translations of his marriage certificate and police records again. When my father asked the gentelman if he could return those to him today he replied no just get them translated and wait for a call back from the consulate and that it will take some time. Anyone with similar situation please tell me what does that mean and how long it would take before they call him back. Thank you very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The CO never lets you go straight back into the one that was interviewing you. Once they are translated he will give them to the gaurd, and your father will get a call if not this week then early next week to come and pick up his visa. If it was anything bad the CO in Casa have no problem with letting them know on the spot. How long have you been here before applying for your father to come?

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that your Father did not get approval on the day. All you can do is follow the instructions given by the consulate. You could try asking in the regional forum if anyone has been in the same situation as the process for the IR5 is the same as a CR1/IR1.

Sorry I cant give you any answer.

I have been here since 1998, have been a US citizen since 2003 and my mom is also a green card holder. They did not tell him to leave them at the window, they said get them translated and wait for us to call u before you bring them back in. Thank you for your reply.

how do i find out if his application is under AP or was send for an fbi name check? would they have given him a form? he told me he did not get any forms at all, he was just told it would take some time. Please help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.