SSB

Sent in DS-230

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I sent in my DS-230 July 29, 2009, NVC recieved it July 31, 2009 it was entered into the system August 3, 2009 I called the operator and they keep saying to wait for processing and the auto recorded message says 6 to 8 weeks.... how long should this process take???

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

Timeline
I sent in my DS-230 July 29, 2009, NVC recieved it July 31, 2009 it was entered into the system August 3, 2009 I called the operator and they keep saying to wait for processing and the auto recorded message says 6 to 8 weeks.... how long should this process take???

I just called the operator now and she sounded like she was about to tell me something then she said your DS-230 is still in process and look in your email in any infomation is missing. so now i am gettign worried....

Edited by SSB

Timeline
Yeah mostly people have same prob even when u sent all required documents to nvc they send wrong RFE dont worry all will be fine with us.Keep praying

Thanks

I just called the NVC and they said they have some information missing for my DS-230 I will check my email when I get a chance I am 80% sure that they wanted the orginal police cert I sent in the notrized photo copy I am getting all upset now that operator told me I don't need to sent my original police cert for my husband :angry:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah mostly people have same prob even when u sent all required documents to nvc they send wrong RFE dont worry all will be fine with us.Keep praying

Thanks

I just called the NVC and they said they have some information missing for my DS-230 I will check my email when I get a chance I am 80% sure that they wanted the orginal police cert I sent in the notrized photo copy I am getting all upset now that operator told me I don't need to sent my original police cert for my husband :angry:

It is my understanding that all documents MUST be originals. You can include a copy but the original has to be with it.

Timeline

Thanks

It is my understanding that all documents MUST be originals. You can include a copy but the original has to be with it.

then what does my husband bring to the interview??? they ask for the original police cert at time of the interview... I still don't know what is missing I checked my email and the NVC didn't send me anything yet....

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks

then what does my husband bring to the interview??? they ask for the original police cert at time of the interview... I still don't know what is missing I checked my email and the NVC didn't send me anything yet....

You only take documents to the interview that the NVC did not request. The NVC forward all the papers and documents to the embassy for the interview, they are returned to you at the end of the interview.

All documents sent to the NVC must be Originals. If you know that you sent a copy of the police certificate, I would have the original ready to send once you receive the actual RFE. Your husband can take additional copies of everything that was sent (just in case) to the interview as well as any supporting documentation to prove the bona fide relationship.

Best of Luck!

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

Timeline
All documents sent to the NVC must be Originals. If you know that you sent a copy of the police certificate, I would have the original ready to send once you receive the actual RFE. Your husband can take additional copies of everything that was sent (just in case) to the interview as well as any supporting documentation to prove the bona fide relationship.

Best of Luck!

Thanks alot everyone I will call NVC and talk to the operator to find out what is missing because I still didn't recieve an email, the recorded message said they sent a RFE on Aug 8, 2009 and when I called yesterday the operator said my DS-230 was still under review she was about to say something then said never mind.....

Timeline

I found out what was missing, NVC said it was my Original Marriage Certificate I send my marriage certificate my husband and I are both Christian and we were married in a church and we have a certified marriage cert but I guess the NVC need local registered marriage cert. I have to call my hubsband tonight to see if he can get that or will he will have to get a letter stating that my marriage cert from our church is valid for our marriage. I hope they will reconise our wedding since we are Christian and Pakistan is a Muslim country.....

Filed: Timeline
I found out what was missing, NVC said it was my Original Marriage Certificate I send my marriage certificate my husband and I are both Christian and we were married in a church and we have a certified marriage cert but I guess the NVC need local registered marriage cert. I have to call my hubsband tonight to see if he can get that or will he will have to get a letter stating that my marriage cert from our church is valid for our marriage. I hope they will reconise our wedding since we are Christian and Pakistan is a Muslim country.....

OK so your marriage certificate is differnet then normal NIKKAH NAME ?

Timeline

Yes, do you think it will be possible for my husband to get this paper in Pakistan? Do you think that Pakistan will recoginize mine and his wedding even if it was performed in a church?

Yes, do you think it will be possible for my husband to get this paper in Pakistan? Do you think that Pakistan will recoginize mine and his wedding even if it was performed in a church?

Tell him that take the marriage certificate to MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS they will attestify with sticker stamp and sighn it and im sure it might work because thats what US Embassy requires to attest by MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE.

Thanks

Timeline

Tell him that take the marriage certificate to MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS they will attestify with sticker stamp and sighn it and im sure it might work because thats what US Embassy requires to attest by MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OFFICE.

Thanks

thanks so much!!!! NVC has the original marriage cert now how can I get it back or can my husband bring a photo copy of the marriage cert???

Thanks

thanks so much!!!! NVC has the original marriage cert now how can I get it back or can my husband bring a photo copy of the marriage cert???

You are welcome !!! Your husband will need ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE to attest by MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS i think he should go to church to get the ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.