bulaklak

Buying land in the Philippines

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I am thinking of buying a land in the Philippines, My question is, what should I do to make sure that the land they're going to sell me is LEGAL and NOT FAKE. what steps I suppose to do? should I hire a lawyer and go to the City hall and check it if the land I will be buying is Legal?

input will appreciated.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Anyone here have experienced?

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

I am thinking of buying a land in the Philippines, My question is, what should I do to make sure that the land they're going to sell me is LEGAL and NOT FAKE. what steps I suppose to do? should I hire a lawyer and go to the City hall and check it if the land I will be buying is Legal?

input will appreciated.

Hello,

My wife is from the Philippines, and from what I know, if you are a foriegner, you cannot own land unless you are married to a citizen of the Philippines. I would consult a lawyer in the Philippines that specializes in this field to get the best answers

Anyone here have experienced?

Yeah I/we purchased and own 4 pieces in the Philippines. Sorry but I'm to old to remember the details tho!

What goes around, comes around!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

only thing i know u have to be citizen of philippines to buy the land in phil, if u marry then it will be jointly assets, i heard from the friend who sells land in phil,

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

If you are a US citizen, you CANNOT own land in the Philippines.

If you still want to buy land the title will have to be in the name of a Filipino citizen, or a domestic corporation.

To make sure that the land you are buying is " clean"....get a zerox copy of the title from the buyer then go to the Register of Deeds of the city/province where the land is located and get a recent certified true copy of the title so you will know if there encumbrances attached to the land and to make sure that the seller is the owner and his/her name is in the tile of the land.

Goodluck!

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

In addition, also get a copy of the Tax declaration to make sure that the property tax is current.

Removal of Conditions :

If you still want to buy land the title will have to be in the name of a Filipino citizen, or a domestic corporation.

To make sure that the land you are buying is " clean"....get a zerox copy of the title from the buyer then go to the Register of Deeds of the city/province where the land is located and get a recent certified true copy of the title so you will know if there encumbrances attached to the land and to make sure that the seller is the owner and his/her name is in the tile of the land.

Goodluck!

Americans can't buy land but they can buy "structures" Condos!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

What goes around, comes around!

What do you mean by that? :whistle: I don't believe that saying btw, good people can be a victim of scam.

Goodluck!

Thank you jom for the info, I'm a Filipina...My father owned some land in the Philippines but since he's too old couldn't remember what the procedure; and he can't give me any advice about it, that's why I ask here because I want to have my OWN land but I have no Idea what the procedure so I will not be a victim of scam, we ALWAYS heard a horror story about it.

anyway, once again thank you for those people who gave me a good input.

Goodluck!

True, what you can't buy, you can't own and you are right, non-Filipino citizens can own personal properties which include houses and condos in the Philippines.

Removal of Conditions :

Goodluck!

Thank you jom for the info, I'm a Filipina...My father owned some land in the Philippines but since he's too old couldn't remember what the procedure; and he can't give me any advice about it, that's why I ask here because I want to have my OWN land but I have no Idea what the procedure so I will not be a victim of scam, we ALWAYS heard a horror story about it.

anyway, once again thank you for those people who gave me a good input.

Yes so true about the scams...Ive encountered many when I was still in the Philippines and the highest number of civil cases in our Philippine courts is about land disputes so make sure you are buying a clean title.

Goodluck.

Removal of Conditions :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Goodluck!

True, what you can't buy, you can't own and you are right, non-Filipino citizens can own personal properties which include houses and condos in the Philippines.

I didn't know that, in the PI, a house or a condo is personal property and not real.

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Kabayan here are good links to read about property & ownership in the Philippines. Hope it helps...

http://lmb.denr.gov.ph/fake.html

http://www.lhiza.com/property.htm

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.