Joyce/Jeremy

Administrative Processing/Review

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All!!!

I’ve wanted to post this but was kind of hesitant as I've read a lot of similar topics as this but here's my share of the Administrative Processing/Review Case.

I had my interview last May 22 and it went well... The Consul was very courteous and didn’t ask much. However, as we were ending the interview he asked me if I still have any business trips coming and all I could answer was that there’s none as my boss already knows about my personal plans. So he got a big stamp and marked my (still valid at that time) B1/B2 visa with “CANCELLED w/o PREJUDICE” then he pulled out a white slip and tick marked at the bottom box saying WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US. I asked him if there were any problems and he said there’s none and that I don’t have to worry about anything because I passed the interview. So I examined this white slip he gave and saw that there were no tick marks on the lacking documents part. So I asked him about the slip again and he said “just wait till you hear from us, your case is put under administrative processing and/or review.” He said my visa will be sent in a COD condition. So I left.

My question is what does it mean when a case is under administrative processing or review?... Is there a difference?...

I’ve read a lot of threads saying to wait because they usually process it after 6-8 weeks. Others would say call them every day or every other day or every week. We’ve already called once at the embassy call center and called Air 21. I’ve tried calling a number I saw on here that’s said to be a contact number at the embassy (Manila number) last July 3. It rang and an answering machine answered but when I dialed the local no one picked up. I tried to call the same number today but it seems like the line doesn’t exist anymore as I can hear a void tone.

Our case is already on the 7 week after interview date. Is there anything we can do to know our case status other than just wait?... Can anyone shed light on this matter? It will be most appreciated.

Sorry it’s too long a post… but hope you can share your inputs.

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Wow..7 weeks. That's quite a wait considering they told you that everything was fine and that you passed your interview. I am not sure what number you are calling but contrary to what others may say I would be calling them every freakin day to find out the status and what the hold up is. If the CO told you that every thing was fine and that you passed the interview I wonder why they placed it under AP/AR? Good luck to you and if you continue to have trouble getting thru pm me and I will have my fiance send you the number that she used when she was calling to check on hers. Good luck to you and God bless. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

7 weeks is quite long considering that the CO said that there was no problem and you passed the interview.

In my case, I passed the interview too but was given the white slip. I found out that the problem was they're still waiting for my document verification stuff. But after 4 weeks I received my visa.

If I'm in your shoes, I'll call them everyday to know what's going on your case. Ask your USC fiance to call this number: 00163-230-1200, press 7, extension 5184 or 5185 and you may speak to Grace or Lorraine if they're still there coz that was a year ago when I was still processing my visa. Anyway that number is the Immigrant Visa unit and they should be able to help you.

Good luck and God bless!

Edited by andyjona

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline
Hi All!!!

I’ve wanted to post this but was kind of hesitant as I've read a lot of similar topics as this but here's my share of the Administrative Processing/Review Case.

I had my interview last May 22 and it went well... The Consul was very courteous and didn’t ask much. However, as we were ending the interview he asked me if I still have any business trips coming and all I could answer was that there’s none as my boss already knows about my personal plans. So he got a big stamp and marked my (still valid at that time) B1/B2 visa with “CANCELLED w/o PREJUDICE” then he pulled out a white slip and tick marked at the bottom box saying WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US. I asked him if there were any problems and he said there’s none and that I don’t have to worry about anything because I passed the interview. So I examined this white slip he gave and saw that there were no tick marks on the lacking documents part. So I asked him about the slip again and he said “just wait till you hear from us, your case is put under administrative processing and/or review.” He said my visa will be sent in a COD condition. So I left.

My question is what does it mean when a case is under administrative processing or review?... Is there a difference?...

I’ve read a lot of threads saying to wait because they usually process it after 6-8 weeks. Others would say call them every day or every other day or every week. We’ve already called once at the embassy call center and called Air 21. I’ve tried calling a number I saw on here that’s said to be a contact number at the embassy (Manila number) last July 3. It rang and an answering machine answered but when I dialed the local no one picked up. I tried to call the same number today but it seems like the line doesn’t exist anymore as I can hear a void tone.

Our case is already on the 7 week after interview date. Is there anything we can do to know our case status other than just wait?... Can anyone shed light on this matter? It will be most appreciated.

That is too long...I was in administrative review also because of my lacking requirement but since I submitted my requirement it only took 2 weeks and I received the visa. But honestly, some will take 2-3 months. Like my friend she waited for 3 months and now she's in North Carolina. As long as you passed the interview then that is a good sign. Your visa will be on your way. And just call USEM once or twice a week there's no need to call them everyday. You'll be wasting your time and money. The call center agents don't have the power to work your visa, they only depend on what's in their system and then read it to you. It's all in the hand of the consul who reviews your case. Some took so long because of back log cases for review. Just take your time and be patient. You will have your visa soon. God bless.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

7 weeks sounds too long. I had an administrative review but only for a month. I will be crazy thinking what's taking so long. I hope you get your visa soon :)

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

Hope you get your visa soon, just be patient... there were AP/AR cases that goes as long as months especially when they are doing background checks. Call them 1-2x a week for updates, and again, be patient. God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline

Hi All!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

So I called the embassy yesterday but neither Grace nor Loraine answered so it was somebody else... She gave me the reason for the delay and told me its a name check?... (What's in my name anyway?) and told me it's going to take 1 to 2 months wait for the process to complete... I told her that our case is already 7 weeks away from the interview and I was hoping to know where its at this time. But she said its highly confidential.

Oh and another thing she told me the number is not for locals to call and its intended for the petitioners to call... So I told her that my fiance and I have agreed that I make the call as the call center number when we did just gave us a protocol answer which goes just call back in 6 weeks. I find it odd why locals would have to call the call center which is P50+ per minute call rather than the embassy line in which you pay regular air time fees to... hhhmmmm...

So I got off the phone kind of pissed of how I was being treated knowing she's my own kind but Oh well Jeremy tells me all that matters is that we know the reason why our case is delayed.

I better count my blessings instead. Yes, its been a long wait but even then we are still within the K1 given timeline. And within the given X amount of months wait, I get to see Jeremy twice. So yeah... I shouldn't complain but be grateful of what I have... and look forward in patience knowing that everything will eventually fall into place.

Thanks again everyone for all your input and all your support!...

Joyce :)

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

Timeline
So I called the embassy yesterday but neither Grace nor Loraine answered so it was somebody else...

You wont get either of those nice ladies to answer the line again because they have both been transferred or quit or whatever. Denice is the one I have been speaking to for the last 6 weeks (6 weeks ago she told me that her name was Denice, could be someone else by now). Grace has been gone 3 months and Loraine has been gone just over a month. Oh yes, welcome to AP/AR hell, we are in our 3rd month and are being told to wait 1 to 3 more months. I wish you better luck than we are having.

Working on AOS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

can someone shed some light to my situation, my cousin had an interview in June 09 and he was missing his cenomar which we past along to the embassy after a week. nvc did not request cenomar for his interview. until now we haven't heard anything from them. How long does it normally take to get a visa as such situation occured

Filed: Timeline
can someone shed some light to my situation, my cousin had an interview in June 09 and he was missing his cenomar which we past along to the embassy after a week. nvc did not request cenomar for his interview. until now we haven't heard anything from them. How long does it normally take to get a visa as such situation occured

I have waited a month because I don't have the CENOMAR, just hang in there.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you, i hope we will hear from them this coming week.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

My fiance just finished her interview today 9/24/09 and we too are in AR, very similar white sheet no documents needed checked just wait for additional contact, but she was not told the she passed interview. Air 21 tracking number issued but no explanation of AR. So my question is could this be only document varification or did she fail, I would assume if she failed the interview she would be told after the interview....Please inlighten me

Filed: Timeline

My fiance just finished her interview today 9/24/09 and we too are in AR, very similar white sheet no documents needed checked just wait for additional contact, but she was not told the she passed interview. Air 21 tracking number issued but no explanation of AR. So my question is could this be only document varification or did she fail, I would assume if she failed the interview she would be told after the interview....Please inlighten me

As long as they didn't give her passport back she'll be okay. I had the same situation too. They did not say I was approve, the CO only told me our papers are okay they just need to review it ( but I know it was because of the CENOMAR that I don't have). They let me pay the courier fee too. I waited for a month to receive my visa.

Edited by sojen

Timeline

As long as they didn't give her passport back she'll be okay. I had the same situation too. They did not say I was approve, the CO only told me our papers are okay they just need to review it ( but I know it was because of the CENOMAR that I don't have). They let me pay the courier fee too. I waited for a month to receive my visa.

I don't like the sound of this. My fiancee just had her interview today (25th) after being rescheduled from the 22nd because they still don't have our documents. They allowed her interview today without the documents but would not give her the pink slip because of not having my divorce decree. She got her passport back. She is scheduled to fly soon. If I wasn't legally divorced, my application would have never even made it that far. :angry: No explanation where my paperwork could be being it left the NVC September 8th, or why she got the letter to schedule her interview if they don't have the package. All of this after 29 days of AP in the NVC. Seems we can't catch a break.

Edited by XR600SM

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All!!!

Hang on there, I was also under AR last yr, gave back my passport and took 2 travels in the US Embassy & 8 weeks before i got my visa & now I got my GC..Good Luck and GOd BLess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.