chrisc85

quick engagement?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey,

I was worried that our situation might be considered a "quick engagment" and was wondering if it might cause any problems for us...

Some of you might already know my story... I met my fiancee in Morocco while I was studying abroad last fall, we first met in October and we got engaged a couple weeks right before I left in mid December right before Christmas... so it was about 2 months of knowing each other before i proposed to her. we technically kind of had to get engaged quickly because in their culture parents shouldnt know of casual relationships, only when he proposes and it is serious enough for marriage. and of course there is no way her parents would have accepted if they hadnt met me first before my leaving. we both graduated college just this past semester and now im starting a full-time job. so obviously i havent been able to save the money to go back there again for another visit. its hard saving money for that especially in my situation.

might that be a problem though? im gonna front-load the petition a lot and im writing a little extra for the "how we met" question. what does everyone think?

So.... you "technically kind of had to get engaged" and then followed that up with a proposal in the back of a taxi.... nice to know romance isn't dead! :thumbs:

But seriously.... congratualtions!! :)

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
So.... you "technically kind of had to get engaged" and then followed that up with a proposal in the back of a taxi.... nice to know romance isn't dead! :thumbs:

But seriously.... congratualtions!! :)

haha you forgot the word "quickly". :thumbs:

it doesnt matter where it is, as long as its from the heart!! she loved it :) lol we still laugh about it

and thanks!! :)

Edited by chrisc85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.