KellyandNino

I-129F Extension (pre-visa)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi folks,

We hit a few snags after being approved on 3/27, which caused delays. We are getting ready to send over the forms (OF-169 and DS-230) from Packet 3, but I noticed that our visa expires on 7/25 (in 3 weeks).

My fiancee is going to call the embassy on Monday. I heard you can get an extension if you are getting close to the 4 month mark. My question is this, at what point is an extension needed? If we are sending in the paperwork before it expires, are we fine?

If we do end up needing an extension, is that a lengthy process to go through?

Thanks...we're so close but this has me worrying a bit.

It isn't the Visa that expires since that hasn't been issued yet. It is the Approval that has a 4-month validity - most Embassies/Consulates will almost as a matter of routine, extend this period. It is good to call/write/email them to be certain though. In most folks case, it is not something to be terribly worried about. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Right. I had it correct in my subject line (pre-visa), but then forgot to use the right terms in my post....haha.

Also wanted to add that we have all the required documents now (police form, med form, etc.). Glad to hear this little hiccup may not be anything to worry about.

Also wanted to add that we have all the required documents now (police form, med form, etc.). Glad to hear this little hiccup may not be anything to worry about.

It happens - like I said, not a bad idea to contact the Embassy/Consulate just to ensure this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.