Arthur  Roberta

I-130 NOA 2 Receipts

7 posts in this topic

We were approved on the 8th of June and have yet to receive any paper receipt/notification of our NOA 2 approval. I wonder is there any time frame that we should be looking at in order to receive said document.

Or has USCIS stopped producing them? I also notice that our online status has not changed either and wonder if again this is normal?

Like everyone just waiting and wishing everyone the best in this process.

Arthur and Roberta

We were approved on the 8th of June and have yet to receive any paper receipt/notification of our NOA 2 approval. I wonder is there any time frame that we should be looking at in order to receive said document.

Or has USCIS stopped producing them? I also notice that our online status has not changed either and wonder if again this is normal?

Arthur and Roberta

Arthur, there has been many people approved that thier USCIS on line case never changed in status, many show petition received and pending etc. etc. not showing that they were approved, There has also been many who never got NOA 2 in mail, and found about their approval ither by calling USCIS or the NVC.

Ive know filers to get their NOA 2 within 4 days after their official approval.

At this stage, I would just forget about it, and concentrate with NVC, cause they will be the next facility to handle your case now.

Soon they shall have your case, and you and Roberta will go forward to end this nightmare.

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

That does seem like a long time- I got mine in 5 days. You might try calling and asking them to resend it. Sometimes they ask that you file another form and pay an exorbitant fee for a new one and I think they're more likely to do that after a longer period of time, so if you want it it's probably best to request it now. If they tell you to pay the fee, just hang up and try again later with a different operator.

It's not necessary though. You won't need it for anything down the road, so if you aren't able to get it then I wouldn't worry.

And a month and a half after approval our status on the website hasn't changed either. Nothing to worry about.

Edited by imaisha

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Thank you for your replies. I guess I like everything to be in order and it's a little like a missing piece of the jigsaw and I am looking for it Ha!

We are grateful to be approved and just wish that Beth would get some relief and an approval from this nightmare she has been going through all these months, may her approval come soon.

Best Wishes

Arthur and Roberta

congrat n best wishes

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

it takes a week roughly... depends on the mail service.

it could be too that they never printed it due to system glitch.. my NOA1 was never printed so we got them to send it to us cost free.

try calling NVC, maybe your case is in their system already and you can get your case number and start the ball rolling.

i'd call USCIS after 30 days if you haven't received your NOA2 because they'd let you wait for that long anyhow.

if they ask for lots of money, don't bother to get it... everyone that i've asked about the NOAs says you don't need them down the road.

Good luck to you!!! And congratulations on getting that appoval!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Arthur and Roberta

Both our petitions have been approved , and my hubby got a letter from USCIS last thursday after a week from approval ; same thing happened to me , up to now , my case at USCIS webiste says case recvd and pending and yet my hubby already got notice of approval ; I would suggest check on trinket's profile or any topic with her name on it , as always there is a link on her replies that may help you with what you need to do if in case your petition has been approved and dont need to wait for NOA2 , as you can proceed to the next step in your journey .

Congratulations and good luck .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.