vespa rossa

Naples Consulate

112 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
hello everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,got my noa2 finally and it has left NVC in route to napoli!!!! :dance::dance: i was wondering, does the consulate when receiving it , email my SO the packet or snail mail it?? im looking at the 129F petition and dont see anywhere a place for his email...just mine..does he have to call first before they send it or do they automatic send it out?? i need them to email it because he will be coming to visit me here in the US friday for 2 weeks.........helpppppppp

I got my NOA2 last week as well, though I haven't heard anything about it being on route to the NVC or Napoli. How did you find that part out? And what other paperwork have you prepared in the meantime? The I-134? I'm not sure what else to do before the packed arrives at my fiance's.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

GOT THE VISA!

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
hello everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,got my noa2 finally and it has left NVC in route to napoli!!!! :dance::dance: i was wondering, does the consulate when receiving it , email my SO the packet or snail mail it?? im looking at the 129F petition and dont see anywhere a place for his email...just mine..does he have to call first before they send it or do they automatic send it out?? i need them to email it because he will be coming to visit me here in the US friday for 2 weeks.........helpppppppp

I got my NOA2 last week as well, though I haven't heard anything about it being on route to the NVC or Napoli. How did you find that part out? And what other paperwork have you prepared in the meantime? The I-134? I'm not sure what else to do before the packed arrives at my fiance's.

call NVC and they can tell you,,, napoli actually already has it in hand,,,,congrats VESPA!!!ciaoooo

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

My fiance doesnt have a record of his immunizations, therefore I believe he will have to get them re-done. I read on the site that the vaccine for varicella is unavailable. When I received Packet 4 containing ore detailed info for the medical exam, I realized that for his age bracket, a vaccine for varicella is marked as "no". So I would assume that he would NOT need to get it done correct?

Also, strega, did you two make an appointment for the interview yet?

Timeline

Everything is at the Naples Consulate now and we're gathering the montagna of paperwork. I'm confused by the instructions because it says FIRST fax the D-230 Part I right away, but then later it says to fax it with a statement swearing that you have all of your documents in hand. So if we're still in the "hunter/gatherer" stage does he fax it or not? It's ready to go.

The other confusing thing is that all of the forms they emailed me in the famoso "Packet 3" are out of date. I went online and got the new ones per non sbagliare, but I'm a bit perplexed why an official Consulate would send out-of-date materials to you which, if you filled them in, wouldn't be valid.

Argh.

Timeline

once you receive your hard copy of NOA2 you can call the NVC (but it's not toll free) the number is 603-334-0700. They'll tell you the status. Today they told me our case is at the NVC and it is being "held for further processing" They wouldn't tell me anything else... I hope that just means they're so spellbound reading our beautiful letters, they haven't found the presence of mind to forward it to Napoli. I can dream, can't I? anyway, they'll also give you the NVC case number, but I can't tell you what that's good for. Buona fortuna a tutti! Ciao

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline

oh well, I'll never figure out how to navigate this site. I think I responded to your question in the wrong place. Just scroll, I think you'll find it. Buona fortuna! ciao

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone, I'm rather new to this and I finally found a thread in this site of those who had to go through the process in Italy.

I am the Italian beneficiary, we recently sent our I129F and got the NOA1 a week ago or so, therefore we still have a LOOOONG way to go until Naples :clock:

Anyway, while we are waiting for the NOA2 (no RFEs, pls) I wanted to start gathering all the documents that I will need for the interview at the consulate.

I have a few doubts about what documents are really needed as for:

- Military: Congedo illimitato? Foglio Matricolare? Both? or what else?

- Police: Casellario Giudiziale? Carichi pendenti? Both?

Thank you for your replies.

Stefano

• 2 weeks later...

hi grinchus

what I did was fax them the D-230 right away, then after about a week they sent me packet 4 which was basically further info on the medical exam. As for the outdated forms in packet 3, I sent an email and they said its fine, you can use either the new unexpired version or the old one.

Everything is at the Naples Consulate now and we're gathering the montagna of paperwork. I'm confused by the instructions because it says FIRST fax the D-230 Part I right away, but then later it says to fax it with a statement swearing that you have all of your documents in hand. So if we're still in the "hunter/gatherer" stage does he fax it or not? It's ready to go.

The other confusing thing is that all of the forms they emailed me in the famoso "Packet 3" are out of date. I went online and got the new ones per non sbagliare, but I'm a bit perplexed why an official Consulate would send out-of-date materials to you which, if you filled them in, wouldn't be valid.

Argh.

Timeline

Who else is going out of the gate now at the Naples consulate? My fiance has his medical this Tuesday and his interview on Wednesday. Nerve-wracking and exciting.

Anyone else have anything to report?

Timeline
Hello everyone, I'm rather new to this and I finally found a thread in this site of those who had to go through the process in Italy.

I am the Italian beneficiary, we recently sent our I129F and got the NOA1 a week ago or so, therefore we still have a LOOOONG way to go until Naples :clock:

Anyway, while we are waiting for the NOA2 (no RFEs, pls) I wanted to start gathering all the documents that I will need for the interview at the consulate.

Stefano

Ciao Stefano,

I found this review of the Naples consulate really helpful: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Naples

The person who reviewed it also gave the Italian names of the necessary documents, enumerated next to "Other Forms (if any)?" The police certificate is the CERTIFICATO GENERALE DEL CASELLARIO GIUDIZIALE, and don't forget that the "estratto di nascita" is the long form, with all of your parents' info too. I don't know about the military records as my fiance' didn't serve.

In bocca al lupo!

Hi Grinchus,

We'll see you both there this tuesday 20, and wednesday 21! Quick check, for the translations, does it need to be notarized or sworn in tribunale?

Stefano

Ciao Stefano,

I found this review of the Naples consulate really helpful: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Naples

The person who reviewed it also gave the Italian names of the necessary documents, enumerated next to "Other Forms (if any)?" The police certificate is the CERTIFICATO GENERALE DEL CASELLARIO GIUDIZIALE, and don't forget that the "estratto di nascita" is the long form, with all of your parents' info too. I don't know about the military records as my fiance' didn't serve.

In bocca al lupo!

Timeline
Quick check, for the translations, does it need to be notarized or sworn in tribunale?

We got the visa today!! My fiance' said that everyone at the consulate was very nice and the whole thing is very efficient and pleasant. You should read over the instructions again. I'm pretty sure it says that you only need translations for things that aren't in English or Italian. I don't think we prepared translations of any of the documents.

good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

This Italian forum has been so informative on the Naples consulate process. I just received my NOA2 and they have sent the case to NVC! I'm preparing paperwork as we speak!!!

Ciao Tutti!

Piccola

10/05/2007 Met in Manhattan

15/05/2009 Engaged (asked me on Miami Beach)

19/08/2009 Mailed I-129F

24/08/2009 VSC received petition

25/08/2009 NOA1 Receipt date

27/08/2009 Touched

29/08/2009 Received NOA1 in the mail

03/11/2009 Touched!!!!!!

03/11/2009 RFE Notice!

21/11/2009 VSC receives RFE packet

23/11/2009 Touched!

24/11/2009 Touched!

30/11/2009 NOA 2 Approved!!

03/12/2009 Case received by NVC

04/12/2009 Case sent to Naples Embassy

07/12/2009 Naples Embassy received case!

16/12/2009 Packet 4 received by email.

19/1/2010 Medical Exam in Naples

20/1/2010 Interview with consulate / received 221g form for missing document

21/1/2010 Sent required missing docs to Naples

28/1/2010 Alessandro receives his passport with K-1 Visa approved!

31/1/2010 Ale arrives in JFK at 3pm!

25/3/2010 Married in NYC!

29/4/2010 AOS Packaged mailed priority.

1/5/2010 Delivery confirmation in Chicago!

7/5/2010 Received official text message that are applications has been received!

16/6/2010 Transferred to California SC.

22/6/2010 Touched!

10/7/2010 Touched!

03/08/2010 Greencard production ordered!!! I-485 approved!

ROC

16/05/2012 Mailed Package

27/05/2012 Received NOA dated for 21 May 2012

27/06/2012 Received Biometrics letter !

10/07/2012 Biometrics Appointment!

01/24/2013 Approved for 10 year green card!

01/28/2013 Received letter of Approval!

01/29/2013 Received green card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.