vespa rossa

Naples Consulate

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi there, see responses below:

Ciao a tutti,

first off, CONGRATULATIONS to all that received their visas or have scheduled their interviews! :)

Im new to this discussion and I had a few questions:

1. how long does it take for the packet to arrive at Naples from the NVC? I called the NVC yesterday (Mon) and they told me they had just received it from CSC last Fri (31 July).

I haven't looked at your profile, but if you haven't already you should create a timeline. From there you can easily look at people who have timelines similar to yours, to better gauge timing of these things. In my case I believe it took about 7-10 business days, but check my immigration timeline to see.

2. will Naples send me (the US petitioner) an email letting me know the approved petition has arrived? I signed up for the case status update online but it seems that USCIS simply forgot to update our case online.

I (USC) received an email from the Naples consulate saying that they had received the petition and to wait one week to call to make the appointment

3. will Naples send my fiance Packet 3 via snail mail or simply tell him to download the info online?

Both. It's better to just download it yourself now and get started, so that as soon as you get the go ahead you can mail stuff in

4. should I get copies of my mom's tax returns along with pay stubs for the I-134? (im currently an undergrad student studying abroad here so I only work part-time) OR is the I-134 and the bank statements and job statements enough?

If your CURRENT INCOME does not meet 125% of the poverty line, you will need a sponsor. So, yes, your mom would need to complete and procure all of the I-134 documents/supporting evidence

5. since my fiance and I live together, what should I use as proof of our on-going relationship?

This is tough, don't know of any situation where the USC is currently living with the foreign fiance. What did you use for the I-129F?

6. do we really need an exact photocopy of our petition that we sent to the service centers, or could we simply fill out another copy?

Where did you read that you need this? Am assuming you'd need an exact copy, since many of the items you should have submitted would have been original documents, e.g. boarding passes

7. would it be cheaper to get the inoculations at a regular hospital versus at the Varelli Institute?

YES.

Thanks, and congratulations once again.

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Vespa Rossa,

What I meant for filling out another copy versus the exact duplicate was forms sent in to USCIS for the initial approval (I-129F, G-325A, etc), since we didnt make any photocopies of the forms. I DO however have the original evidence sent in (photos, boarding tickets, housing contract, etc.)

In regards to the affadavit of support, I looked on the I-134 form instructions online and it asks for a bank statement and a letter from work. I did not see anything in regards to copies of taxes filed or pay stubs. Did you two ended up needing to show pay stubs and tax returns as well, or was that just "extra"? (this is the crux of my anxiety)

Ciao a tutti,

first off, CONGRATULATIONS to all that received their visas or have scheduled their interviews! :)

1. how long does it take for the packet to arrive at Naples from the NVC? I called the NVC yesterday (Mon) and they told me they had just received it from CSC last Fri (31 July).

I haven't looked at your profile, but if you haven't already you should create a timeline. From there you can easily look at people who have timelines similar to yours, to better gauge timing of these things. In my case I believe it took about 7-10 business days, but check my immigration timeline to see.

2. will Naples send me (the US petitioner) an email letting me know the approved petition has arrived? I signed up for the case status update online but it seems that USCIS simply forgot to update our case online.

I (USC) received an email from the Naples consulate saying that they had received the petition and to wait one week to call to make the appointment

3. will Naples send my fiance Packet 3 via snail mail or simply tell him to download the info online?

Both. It's better to just download it yourself now and get started, so that as soon as you get the go ahead you can mail stuff in

4. should I get copies of my mom's tax returns along with pay stubs for the I-134? (im currently an undergrad student studying abroad here so I only work part-time) OR is the I-134 and the bank statements and job statements enough?

If your CURRENT INCOME does not meet 125% of the poverty line, you will need a sponsor. So, yes, your mom would need to complete and procure all of the I-134 documents/supporting evidence

5. since my fiance and I live together, what should I use as proof of our on-going relationship?

This is tough, don't know of any situation where the USC is currently living with the foreign fiance. What did you use for the I-129F?

6. do we really need an exact photocopy of our petition that we sent to the service centers, or could we simply fill out another copy?

Where did you read that you need this? Am assuming you'd need an exact copy, since many of the items you should have submitted would have been original documents, e.g. boarding passes

7. would it be cheaper to get the inoculations at a regular hospital versus at the Varelli Institute?

YES.

Timeline

Sure.

Well, if you don't have copies of the original thing you sent, there's not much you can do. Next best thing is refilling the forms, but I'd note that somewhere, just in case.

Each consulate is different, in the packet you'll receive they'll specify. In Naples' case, tax returns are required, pay stubs, I don't remember if they are, but a letter from an employer could be easily faked, so having a pay stub is just a stronger verification. You can go to the Naples consulate site now and download the forms, the directions sheet elaborates on all the requirements.

What I meant for filling out another copy versus the exact duplicate was forms sent in to USCIS for the initial approval (I-129F, G-325A, etc), since we didnt make any photocopies of the forms. I DO however have the original evidence sent in (photos, boarding tickets, housing contract, etc.)

In regards to the affadavit of support, I looked on the I-134 form instructions online and it asks for a bank statement and a letter from work. I did not see anything in regards to copies of taxes filed or pay stubs. Did you two ended up needing to show pay stubs and tax returns as well, or was that just "extra"? (this is the crux of my anxiety)

Ciao a tutti,

YES.

I-129F Visa Submission
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission

(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)

Thank you so much Vespa Rossa :D

Sure.

Well, if you don't have copies of the original thing you sent, there's not much you can do. Next best thing is refilling the forms, but I'd note that somewhere, just in case.

Each consulate is different, in the packet you'll receive they'll specify. In Naples' case, tax returns are required, pay stubs, I don't remember if they are, but a letter from an employer could be easily faked, so having a pay stub is just a stronger verification. You can go to the Naples consulate site now and download the forms, the directions sheet elaborates on all the requirements.

Ciao a tutti,

YES.

Timeline

No prob. Good luck and let us know if you have questions/concerns about other things. Most of us on this thread are a little bit ahead of you in the process, so feel free to leverage our experience!

I-129F Visa Submission
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission

N-400 Naturalization

Hello everybody! Welcome, naima&negrito!

The only things I would add to what vespa rossa said are that at the Consulate, I have only been asked, as financial documentation, for the I-134 and for the last year's tax returns (but I did have with me all of the papers listed in the Packet 3). Also, I haven't been asked for any form or paper of the I-129F; on the contrary, I had the satisfaction of seeing the consular officers handling the original petition (as they had it) where I could cearly see the big "APPROVED" stamp on it. B) Btw, they were adding all the papers they were asking me to the I-129F, creating a unique folder that ended up in the "sealed" envelope, with the latter being eventually opened by the CBP at my POE (Philly).

Moreover, I never received any hard copy of the "dichoso" Packet 3. :) As I previoulsy said somewhere here, not a single sheet from the Consulate nor the USCIS ever reached my home.

I just spent like an hour on the telephone talking to the SSA (sort of mission impossible to reach an operator). The guy I spoke with was awesome, though, he even explained me in incredibly GREAT detail how to get to the local office... was he puerto rican? :lol: I guess I'll be going tomorrow EARLY, as he told me that one needs to get there before the opening hour in order to get the queue number, as only people with a number will be attended. :(

Said that, I can only add that I am so very HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! :dance: I will keep you posted about my next steps into my bureacratic journey... In the meantime, as always, take care and good luck to all of you.

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Timeline

Hi there Stefano! Thanks for the additional info, and yes, you definitely have to keep us updated in the Naples Consulate group. Maybe after we all get through the interview I'll make a continuation group, "Naples Consulate and Beyond!" so we can share AOS info, etc.

Good luck with the Social Security stuff. When's the wedding planned for? And, the honeymoon?

I-129F Visa Submission
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission

N-400 Naturalization

Hi there Stefano! Thanks for the additional info, and yes, you definitely have to keep us updated in the Naples Consulate group. Maybe after we all get through the interview I'll make a continuation group, "Naples Consulate and Beyond!" so we can share AOS info, etc.

Good luck with the Social Security stuff. When's the wedding planned for? And, the honeymoon?

Hey vespa rossa! :)

Well, I entered VJ today to update our timeline, as we've finally decided the place where our wedding is going to be, which is the Caribe Hilton, San Juan. :dance: So, yes, we have a date!!! :yes: September 5!!!!!!!! Wooooohoooooooooo :dance::dance::dance:

The honeymoon won't be such, for now, as my soon-to-be bride has no vacations from work. She got the Monday off, though, so we will settle for the "long" weekend there. Fine with me, I surely cannot complain... ;)

I am definitely looking forward to see the "Beyond" thread... :lol: Take care you guys, hasta luego!!!

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

just got Packet 3 via email yesterday!

When the form asks "how long do you intend to stay in the US" would "permanent" be a good response?

Also, my friend's dad said he would give my fiance a job, but I think he would be paid under the table, should I list on the form that my fiance will be working for him? Or should I say that he wont be working at all?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

When the form asks "how long do you intend to stay in the US" would "permanent" be a good response?

Also, my friend's dad said he would give my fiance a job, but I think he would be paid under the table, should I list on the form that my fiance will be working for him? Or should I say that he wont be working at all?

Hi N&N,

These seem like important questions that I would post on the main forum board. The traffic on this particular thread doesn't seem that active and I would hate for you not to get answers for your questions. They are not Italy-specific, so putting them to a wider audience would be helpful for you, I think.

Hi N&N,

These seem like important questions that I would post on the main forum board. The traffic on this particular thread doesn't seem that active and I would hate for you not to get answers for your questions. They are not Italy-specific, so putting them to a wider audience would be helpful for you, I think.

Hey folks!

How about this? http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-156.pdf

That's the way I filled the DS-156, and there was nothing wrong with it. Although I wouldn't bother that much, as the people that are gonna attend you are not likely to trouble themselves looking at that whole bunch of paper.

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Italians!

I am almost ready for my interview next week :wacko:

I am not able to find my vaccination record, will I have some problems at Istituto Varelli if I go there without it?

I will bring the tax return of 2008 and the last paystub my fiance sent me is dated 06/06/2009. Do I have to ask him to fedex the latest asap?

Thank you!

AC

Hello Italians!

I am almost ready for my interview next week :wacko:

I am not able to find my vaccination record, will I have some problems at Istituto Varelli if I go there without it?

I will bring the tax return of 2008 and the last paystub my fiance sent me is dated 06/06/2009. Do I have to ask him to fedex the latest asap?

Thank you!

Spero di essere stato d'aiuto! :)

Stai tranquilla e a presto.

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

hello everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,got my noa2 finally and it has left NVC in route to napoli!!!! :dance::dance: i was wondering, does the consulate when receiving it , email my SO the packet or snail mail it?? im looking at the 129F petition and dont see anywhere a place for his email...just mine..does he have to call first before they send it or do they automatic send it out?? i need them to email it because he will be coming to visit me here in the US friday for 2 weeks.........helpppppppp

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.