vespa rossa

Naples Consulate

112 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Congratulazioni! Che bella notizia!!! Sono molto felice per voi due. Ed anche a sapere che sono molto gentili a Napoli e che tutto e' andato benissimo. Stasera quando telefono il mio fidanzato gli diro' a non preoccuparti.

Di nuovo, congratulazioni!

(Please see timeline for more detail)

I-129F Visa Submission
Feb. 09, 2009: I-129F Submitted
Aug. 24-25, 2009: Exam/Interview in Naples; VISA IN PASSPORT!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
October 2009: POE!!!
December 2009: Wedding!!!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission
Jan. 14, 2010: USPS confirms delivery at Chicago Lockbox (mailed 1/11)
Jan. 19, 2010: I-131, I-485, I-765 NOA's (received 1/23)
Mar. 04, 2010: Status changed to PERMANENT RESIDENT

I-751 Petition: Removal of Conditions
(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 10, 2012: I-751 NOA (received 1/13)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Eligible on March 4th, 2013 after 3 years as LPR
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)
Dec. 20, 2012: N-400 NOA
Jan. 14, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jul. 16, 2013: American History & English Exam

Aug. 23, 2013: Oath Ceremony

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grazie a te per le felicitazioni, Vespa Rossa, e complimenti per il tuo italiano. ;)

Of course, if you have any question or doubt you want to be clarified, don't hesitate in asking me. Thank you for the support you've been providing us during the latter period.

Take care e a presto!!!

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

auguroniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! im so happy for stef,,,,,,,,and yes, napoli e molta bella!! my family come from campania, ,,,,,so nice to know that Naples didnt give you a hard time, now only if i can get the NOA2 i'll be so happy.

Grinchus, you are so lucky you are with California, seems like they are faster than Vermont, been to avellino , had some really fantastic sfogliatelle there,,,,,,,,mmmmmnnnnnnn...ok, things seem like they are not as bad as I thought,,cant wait for this to be over.....

vespa, sicilia is somewhere i want to visit....have an uncle there......ciaooooooooooooo

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Hello everybody!

I'm just back from Napoli... EXHAUSTED from two very full and busy days. But at the same time, HAPPY, HAPPY HAPPY!!! There's no real need to spend too many words in saying that everything was a piece of cake. Period. The only advice I would give to anybody is to enjoy the city and its culinary delights. I went with my brother, that kindly accompanied me, and we had such a great time by walking around, having fun and eating delicacies. ;) Forget the terror stories you read around the board; all the people down there are very cool, nice, and helpful. I finally have the K-1 printed in my passport... me and my love are now thinking of the date for my forthcoming comeback, while the marriage date is practically set and certain since a long time.

Hope everything is fine with you, and I wish you the best. You'll all be fine, don't worry! B)

Talk to you later. Ciaaaaao!!!

Stefano

Ciao Stefano,

Grazie infinite per aver condiviso la tua esperienza al consolato di Napoli. Come VR, sono contenta di sapere che a Napoli sono gentili e che tutto e' andato bene. Auguri a te e alla tua fidanzata!

Grazie, grazie e ancora grazie a tutti per i bellissimi Auguri!

Non posso fare altro che ricambiarli a tutti Voi, wishing you to have the most quick and smooth process. I spent the whole day on Skype talking to my sweetheart about the date of my comeback... She wants me there ASAP, as in fact we have to go and check the place for the wedding, as well as set and prepare all the little, necessary details. We're gonna do something small, but it must "quedar bien lindo y bonito", of course!!! ;) Sooo... I shouldn't be too far from packing my bags. Needless to say, we can't wait to be in each other's arms again... :)

Take care everybody and best of luck for your journeys! God bless you all.

CIAO!!!

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Timeline

ciao, did stefano tell us how much the total cost to do the medical and interview? i heard that they have charges other than the 131.00 euro ,,,if stef comes back here, please ask him a break down of all the costs when you go to the interview and also medical.......it sounded to me in another forum, they were saying almost 1000.00 total........how about Italy???? ok thank you for any help.....ciao

PS: also do you need police certificates for everywhere you lived for 6 months since 16 and someone said you need 2 from each place.state and something else.....uufffaaaaaaaa ,, hope you share what they asked for when you got there..thanks

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

ciao, did stefano tell us how much the total cost to do the medical and interview? i heard that they have charges other than the 131.00 euro ,,,if stef comes back here, please ask him a break down of all the costs when you go to the interview and also medical.......it sounded to me in another forum, they were saying almost 1000.00 total........how about Italy???? ok thank you for any help.....ciao

PS: also do you need police certificates for everywhere you lived for 6 months since 16 and someone said you need 2 from each place.state and something else.....uufffaaaaaaaa ,, hope you share what they asked for when you got there..thanks

Ciao Strega,

I'll try to answer you about the total costs of the medical/interview combo. The medical examination costed me 205 €; the basic price of the exams is supposed to be 180, but unfortunately they had to make me a boost of antitetanus, as my last one was older than 10 years old. The interview fee is 131 $ that have to be paid at any BNL branch; the day I went to accomplish with that, I spent almost 100 €... :ph34r: Then I could mention you the expenses to obtain the certificates; as my fiancée said in her only post here, I relied on an agency for both my police and birth certificate. I did that in order to have everything in my hands as soon as possible, as the Comune di Roma would have taken up to 40 days to give me my "Estratto di Nascita". The agency charged me 100 €, but at least I had everything in 15 days and I could schedule my interview for the 30th of June and successfully attend it. [if the Municipality of your fiancés is not a big city, they're not supposed to respond with crazy long waits for a BC, contrarely to my experience]. I would say that this is all; the stay in Napoli is cheap, trust me; one can find great accommodations for good prices. Same for the food, you're gonna eat the best pizza you will ever have in your life for ridiculous sums.

Oh, and when you go and pick up your passport with the "sealed" envelope at the MBE office at 5 PM, they charge you 6 € to sign a paper (always if you can stay in town and do it personally; otherwise you'll have it shipped to your address for an extra fee).

Police certificates, I cannot tell you, as I've always been living here and I needed the only Casellario Generale. The documents they asked me before being interviewed by the Vice Consul were: DS-230 Part I & II; DS-156 (2 copies); DS-156K; Passport photographs; My Birth Certificate; My Police Certificate; My fiancée's Divorce Sentence; Letter of intents from my fiancée; Affidavit of support I-134; Tax returns from last year. Lots of fingerprints, required signatures, a friendly chat with the Vice Consul and you'll be done with everything.

Let me know if you may have any other questions. Hope this helps.

A presto!

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Timeline

grazie stef, and hows the plans going?

is there an additional fee for the visa itself??sorry to ask so many questions, but i want to make sure when he gets there he has all the money he needs, he doesn't own a credit card and forget bancomat(he is not working right now) so, I want to make sure he takes enough money !!!also I guess he will be paying double for both because he is bringing his son with him to the USA (7 years old)))) thank you so muchhhhhhhh, and again, congrats on your visa!!!

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

Timeline

sorry, forgot to ask you, how old can the documents be ? he has that Casellario Generale from feb 2009, just wondering if that is good or has to be more recent,,,if the documents are not more than 6 months old, are they ok to use?? he also is getting all the CERTIFICATO DI RESIDENZA STORICO from everywhere he lived in italy for 6 months since 16yrs of age, is that neccesary also?? hes been living in so many different commune since age 16, that I dont know how long it will take him to get them all,,,,,,just wondering if you also had the CERTIFICATO DI RESIDENZA STORICO from each place and if they asked for it..........grazie mille

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

YES! Interview date for August 24th/25th in Naples! :)

We could probably have gotten an earlier date, but since my fiance has commitments in Sicily thru the end of September, we weren't in a rush.

Finally another step forward!

I-129F Visa Submission
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission

(Eligible on March 4th, 2012, based on 2 years as LPR (can apply 90-days prior))
Jan. 09, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Removal of Conditions/10-year GC at Vermont Service Center (mailed 1/6)
Jan. 20, 2012: I-751 ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 3/12 (we originally had an appt for a month earlier, but had to request another date bc of prior commitments
Oct. 03, 2012: I-751 NOA congratulating us on lifting of conditions (it took 8 months and 24 days). Green card arrived within two weeks.

N-400 Naturalization
Dec. 18, 2012: USPS confirms delivery of Application for Naturalization at Dallas, TX facility (mailed 1/14)

Timeline
YES! Interview date for August 24th/25th in Naples! :)

We could probably have gotten an earlier date, but since my fiance has commitments in Sicily thru the end of September, we weren't in a rush.

Finally another step forward!

congrats vespa!!! march filers are at a standstill.hopefully they get moving again at VSC.......nice to hear Napoli is not that busy..ciao

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

Congratulations Vespa! Good to know that you're moving forward with the bureaucracy and getting closer to the day of your reunion. Well done! You'll see that everything is going to be alright!!!

Strega, with regards to your questions I can tell you that there is no visa fee, except for those 6 € your fiancé is going to pay the day he will pick up his passport at the Mail Boxes Etc. in the afternoon, which I mentioned you in my previous post. I am not aware of any other charge and I didn't pay anything else. About the certificates, I wouldn't like to give you any wrong suggestion, so all I can tell you is to directly ask to the Consulate for these matters; I didn't have any Certificato di Residenza with me, and I think it won't be requested at all. But as I am not an officer or diplomatic employee of the U.S., I recommend you to keep inquiring to their e-mail address. Haven't you had any luck with them? I have always received replies, concise but thorough.

I haven't been active on the forum lately as I was very busy with the arrangements for my finally definitive departure towards Puerto Rico, U.S. I safely arrived here on Thursday evening after 21 hours of travel and two stops. Everything's great and we're sort of going crazy to set up a beautiful but simple wedding for the day of our anniversary.

Good luck to all of you with your journeys, we are so happy to be tying the knot soon that we cannot even believe it... After all the sacrifices and sufferings from being apart, at last we can enjoy our well-deserved satisfaction. You'll all get here, so don't worry, just hang in there and always keep your faith alive.

Hasta luego, gente! :)

Stefano

qKC3Nua.jpg

Timeline

Wow, you've already moved to the US? Nice! Welcome!! Can totally understand that you're less involved in the forums now, as I am too, while we wait for next steps, but hopefully we'll all be back to help each other when it comes time for removing restrictions, etc.

We're starting our wedding planning now, so I know what you're going through. Have fun, enjoy your new home and best wishes for your wedding!

I-129F Visa Submission
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
AOS Submission

N-400 Naturalization

Ciao a tutti,

first off, CONGRATULATIONS to all that received their visas or have scheduled their interviews! :)

Im new to this discussion and I had a few questions:

1. how long does it take for the packet to arrive at Naples from the NVC? I called the NVC yesterday (Mon) and they told me they had just received it from CSC last Fri (31 July).

2. will Naples send me (the US petitioner) an email letting me know the approved petition has arrived? I signed up for the case status update online but it seems that USCIS simply forgot to update our case online.

3. will Naples send my fiance Packet 3 via snail mail or simply tell him to download the info online?

4. should I get copies of my mom's tax returns along with pay stubs for the I-134? (im currently an undergrad student studying abroad here so I only work part-time) OR is the I-134 and the bank statements and job statements enough?

5. since my fiance and I live together, what should I use as proof of our on-going relationship?

6. do we really need an exact photocopy of our petition that we sent to the service centers, or could we simply fill out another copy?

7. would it be cheaper to get the inoculations at a regular hospital versus at the Varelli Institute?

Thanks, and congratulations once again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.