sillygoose

I need some help... we're applying for I-130

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi

I am new here, so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place....

I am panicking, as we have to send our paperwork tomorrow morning!

I am in the USA on the WVP and got married last weekend to my hubbie who is a US citizen. We did not plan this marriage before I arrived, he proposed to me shortly after I got here and it was a total surprise, and we decided to get married while I was here and now we wish to apply to adjust my status.

So, I have had a small bit of advice, I was told to complete the I-130 form, and send it with our marriage licence, some notarized affitavits from third parties (cos we don't have much info for co-mingling of fianancial resourses except one bank statement) and other documentation as evidence.

I know that we each need to complete the G325A, so we are doing that too.

My question is if we need to do the I-484 right now, or do we wait until we have had some correspondence or approval on the I-130?

Also, does my husband need to complete anmd send the I-864 Affidavit of Support now or later.

Sorry for my ignorance, I have been reading and reading, and am becoming more confused rather than informed.

If you could help with some info and advice I would really appreciate it and it would put our mind at ease.

Thanks!

Hi,

I think at first you send only the I-130 package with everything listed. I suppose you will get further instructions from USCIS once they receive your application, or later when it is approved, from NVC :unsure:

Let's see what other members will say :thumbs:

Welcome to VJ, good luck and have a speedy journey :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

This information is incorrect. You need to file both the I-130 and the AOS together to the chacago lockbox. Please read the guide it will help you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

I am sending the I-130 and I-485 today etc, but I haven't yet had a medical exam and it asks for the I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.

I don't have this??? Do I need to get this before I can send the forms or does this come later???

I'm really stressing,I need to send the forms today! :(

You need to include it with the forms if you don't you will get a RFE asking for the medical information and that will delay your case.

If there is a huge rush to file, then you can send it in without the medical and they will start processing your application. They will stop processing it, when they notice the medical is missing and request that you send it to them. Once you do this, they start processing again.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.