phyr2009

typo error sa birthcertificate ng tatay ko ano dapat kung gawin

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sa inyo dyan lahat..pasensya na ask ko lang kung someone can help me through this.sa birthcertificate ng tatay ko eh may typo sa pangalan at date.my question is mag kano ang magagastos ko kung icocorect nila ang mali sa birthcertificate nya? kakailanganin ba ng judge don? at gaano katagal ang process nun? maraming salamat in advance and God bless you all

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello sa inyo dyan lahat..pasensya na ask ko lang kung someone can help me through this.sa birthcertificate ng tatay ko eh may typo sa pangalan at date.my question is mag kano ang magagastos ko kung icocorect nila ang mali sa birthcertificate nya? kakailanganin ba ng judge don? at gaano katagal ang process nun? maraming salamat in advance and God bless you all

I have a friend who corrected her name. Her name in her BC was spelled AbEgail and it should be spelled as AbIgail. According to her, you need to pay Php1000 per letter of correction. I am sorry as I can't give you more details about it kasi nasa Singapore na siya and I can't contact her anymore. I hope some of our fellows here can help you more :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont worry about the error on your father's name,the embassy is more concerned abour your name.i had my last name corrected but never corrected the error on my mother's name.everything went well on my interview.

goodluck :thumbs:

hi for typo error.. what u will do is to visit your dad's local registrar (where he was born) the local registrar will be the one to request for petition to change the typo to NSO. payment is 1000 pesos per request... and have necessary documents to attest that he really has the name like valid IDs and the like :)

and as far as i know... no need to have a court hearing since it is just a typo error... that's according to RA9048.. http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ra9048.html

God Bless :)

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

hi for typo error.. what u will do is to visit your dad's local registrar (where he was born) the local registrar will be the one to request for petition to change the typo to NSO. payment is 1000 pesos per request... and have necessary documents to attest that he really has the name like valid IDs and the like :)

and as far as i know... no need to have a court hearing since it is just a typo error... that's according to RA9048.. http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ra9048.html

God Bless :)

Your dad has to visit the LCR personally, coz he has to fill-up a form and affix his signature on it. On my case, It wasn't a typho lang, my birthplace and date of birth were wrong so I have to have it changed. Mine was done in Samar, just last year, paid 1000 something I believed, then the LCR made their own annotation and forwarded it to NSO, Vibal Bldg. Since my papers were from the province the LCR told me it will took 2 months before they will have the annotated doc. But they advised me to go to Manila to personally have the annotated doc, to expedite the release of the annotated doc.In my case, it took 17 working days.

Typhos on your father DOB wont pose a problem on your interview and the visa issuance. In my case, ex' DOB was wrong.There's also a discrepancy on my ex's DOB on my fiance's 129F a and on my DS 156. But it wasn't asked at all on my interview. I was only asked on the discrepancy of my DOB. She asked me if what's my exact DOB is. Everything went okay. However, for future immigration concerns, if you plan to petition your father later, If I were on your shoe, i will have it corrected as early as now, so it won't be a delay later in the process.

Goodluck and God Bless! :)

Edited by martheena0909

MY EDITED RESPONSE :) ( The page is prompting me "error" on my attempt to post my edited response)

On my case, I change the entries on my MC. My date of birth and birthplace entries were wrong. Don;t know if this would be a the same process as to your dad's BC, if so, your dad has to visit the LCR personally, coz he has to fill-up a form and affix his signature on it. On my case, It wasn't a typho lang, my birthplace and date of birth were wrong so I have to have it changed. Mine was done in Samar, just last year, paid 1000 something I believed, then the LCR made their own annotation and forwarded it to NSO, Vibal Bldg. Since my papers were from the province the LCR told me it will took 2 months before they will have a response of action from NSO main office.But they advised me to handcarry the approved petition to NSO, Vibal to expedite the process, which I did not since I still have the luxury of time to just wait. So the NSO, Vibal sent some docs to LCR Samar (took 2 months) and when LCR have the approved petition of NSO, LCR send the docs to me (the sending of docs was a special arrangement, I have to ask a favor since I am not from Samar.Just lucky the LCR in Samar was nice, accomodating and kind to help) then I went to Manila to personally have the doc annotated. On my case, it took 17 working days.

Typhos on your father DOB wont pose a problem on your interview and the visa issuance, I believed. In my case, ex' DOB was wrong.There's also a discrepancy on my ex's DOB on my fiance's filed I129F and on my DS 156. But it wasn't asked at all on my interview. I was only asked on the discrepancy of my DOB. She just ask me if what's my exact DOB. Everything went okay. However, for future immigration concerns, if you plan to petition your father later, If I were on your shoe, i will have it corrected as early as now, so it won't be a delay later in the process.

Goodluck and God Bless! :)

Edited by martheena0909

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

maraming salamat sa lahat..your advice really help.and I tell my dad to go ahead and fix his birthcertificate na.Ill put more info once everything is done..at if I have more question and advice..I hope na nandito parin kayo at mag gagabay sa akin..maraming salamat uli..at God bless..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.