FATE's BLESSING

need your advice

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys I need your advice regarding CFO seminar.....

Where is best to go? TAFT or QC?

:idea: Any other tips to share aside from knowing your fiance mom's maiden name?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by FATE's BLESSING

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

K1 VISA JOURNEY 2009 - (relieved finally after 3mos. & 2weeks)

02/12 - Sent I-129F petition to USCIS

02/13 - NOA1

03/25 - NOA2 (APPROVED IN 40DAYS)

04/03 - NVC received, give our case number

04/16 - Consulate received

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

05/21 - Interview date - PASSED

05/27 - VISA ON HAND *woot woot

06/01 - CFO seminar @St.Mary's

06/04 - direct flight to Las Vegas through PAL

08/13 - Civil Wedding

09/21 - File I-485, Application to register permanent residence or AOS

10/01 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

10/20 - USCIS - Biometrics Appointment

11/03 - Letter - interview date is December 8

12/05 - Catholic Church Wedding

12/08 - Lawyer, husband & I appeared on the Interview - Passed

12/15 - PR Card (Green Card) - Received

:idea: Any other tips to share aside from knowing your fiance mom's maiden name?

Thanks in advance!

Go to QC. Take my advice coz I accompanioed my fiancee to Taft Avenue thois past February and it was a complete day of being messed with.

Be sure to have your fiancee take a copy of everything she took to the embassy interview. I was glad I had my fiancee do this because CFO after the seminar conducts a one on one interview and they asked my fiancee for a copy of my divorce decree and if she did not have it she would not have received the CFO sticker certification in her passport. One girl did not have this and had a flight scheduled the next day and ended up with having to change her flight at a cost of a $200.00 change fee. Taft Ave. does not give the sticker, only gives the seminar and interview. The QC location gives both and takes less time. Taft Ave sends you to another location which takes 4 hours just to get the sticker. We were at Taft Avenue PRISM at 9am and did not get finished getting the sticker until 4:30pm. Have your fiancee prepared to answer any questions similiar to what the embassy asks during their interview. Also you will not be allowed to enter the seminar with her at either location. Good luck and try to keep calm during the stressful CFO experience.

Thanks in advance!

Go to QC. Take my advice coz I accompanioed my fiancee to Taft Avenue thois past February and it was a complete day of being messed with.

Be sure to have your fiancee take a copy of everything she took to the embassy interview. I was glad I had my fiancee do this because CFO after the seminar conducts a one on one interview and they asked my fiancee for a copy of my divorce decree and if she did not have it she would not have received the CFO sticker certification in her passport. One girl did not have this and had a flight scheduled the next day and ended up with having to change her flight at a cost of a $200.00 change fee. Taft Ave. does not give the sticker, only gives the seminar and interview. The QC location gives both and takes less time. Taft Ave sends you to another location which takes 4 hours just to get the sticker. We were at Taft Avenue PRISM at 9am and did not get finished getting the sticker until 4:30pm. Have your fiancee prepared to answer any questions similiar to what the embassy asks during their interview. Also you will not be allowed to enter the seminar with her at either location. Good luck and try to keep calm during the stressful CFO experience.

ei what is CFO all about? What is CFO stands for? is this after u get your visa?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks in advance!

I vote for St. Mary's as well. We did not go to PRISM, so I can not say that it is bad, but SMEF-COW was a breeze. As a bonus, it is located right near the LRT2 Katapunan station. Using the trains in Manila is the best way to get around. It is much nicer to cruise above the traffic, than to sit in the middle of it. Even in an aircon cab it is no fun on the streets of Manila.

Good luck & congrats

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

Thanks in advance!

ei what is CFO all about? What is CFO stands for? is this after u get your visa?

Commission on Filipinos Overseas.

Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancées and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports.

Filipino fiancées and spouses are provided with the following information:

* Migration laws affecting them;

* Welfare and support services available abroad;

* Rights of migrants overseas; and

* Coping up with problematic or difficult domestic situations.

Requirements:

1. Original valid passport;

2. Original and photocopy of visa;

3. One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph;

4. One (1) valid identification card with photograph;

5. Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

6. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

7. Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

8. Photocopy of employment contract for immigrant workers);

9. Duly completed registration form (downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph);

10. Payment of P400.00 registration fee; and

11. Attendance in the PDOS or peer counseling session;

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Timeline

I just finished my CFO at St. Mary's in QC. I started at 1:30pm, then I am done at 4:30pm.

You have to photocopy your passport and visa (3 copies).

You need to pay 250 php for the seminar and 400 php for the sticker.

What happened... during that day....

Seminar-Orientation.... and then brief counseling.

After that... you will get your certificate and pay 400 php for CFO sticker...

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Since your location is taytay.. it's better to go to QC. you can just take the LRT2 purple line then get off katipunan and you're there.. it's better in QC since it would be no hassle..

snxcq70j3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THANKS GUYS YOU ALL ARE SUCH A GREAT HELP

I'LL TAKE UR ADVISE :thumbs: ...GO TO QC!

to:ccndyeth thanks for guiding me how to get there

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant); IS THIS ALSO FOR K1?

Guys have a little question regarding how the name written down on our visa?

On my PASSPORT its written this way: surname/given name/middle name Ex. Gomez/Jenny Lara/Reyes

On my VISA its only surname and given name but mine is written this way: Gonzales/ Jenny Lara Reyes - This is fine right? I made a research and I think I should not have to worry about it but just want to double check hehe....

visa.jpg

Edited by FATE's BLESSING

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

K1 VISA JOURNEY 2009 - (relieved finally after 3mos. & 2weeks)

02/12 - Sent I-129F petition to USCIS

02/13 - NOA1

03/25 - NOA2 (APPROVED IN 40DAYS)

04/03 - NVC received, give our case number

04/16 - Consulate received

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

05/21 - Interview date - PASSED

05/27 - VISA ON HAND *woot woot

06/01 - CFO seminar @St.Mary's

06/04 - direct flight to Las Vegas through PAL

08/13 - Civil Wedding

09/21 - File I-485, Application to register permanent residence or AOS

10/01 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

10/20 - USCIS - Biometrics Appointment

11/03 - Letter - interview date is December 8

12/05 - Catholic Church Wedding

12/08 - Lawyer, husband & I appeared on the Interview - Passed

12/15 - PR Card (Green Card) - Received

Elena took the seminar at PRISM she said it took 1.5 hours total time they only ask for required documents. She said they take seminar then call in one by one to take picture and done. Easy and Simple.

Even though she took seminar in Manila when she was there for medical we got her sticker and stamp at CFO in Cebu took us about 20 minutes total time.

Edited by thepizzadude

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.