WoodenRobot

What's next after I-751 interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bhutan
Timeline

I gave my interview with my wife on 18th may(monday). The officer interviewd me first and then my wife. After the interview, he made copies of all the evidence i had brought that day. I did see my previous evidence file with him. All he said was "You're all done" and slammed the pin-protected door. I would like to know whether i am approved or not for 10 yr GC. what is the usual procedures after the interview is done, are fingerprints and photos are taken same day? or should i expect some notification mails soon? How do i find out if i am approved or not? thanks

Edited by WoodenRobot

I gave my interview with my wife on 18th may(monday). The officer interviewd me first and then my wife. After the interview, he made copies of all the evidence i had brought that day. I did see my previous evidence file with him. All he said was "You're all done" and slammed the pin-protected door. I would like to know whether i am approved or not for 10 yr GC. what is the usual procedures after the interview is done, are fingerprints and photos are taken same day? or should i expect some notification mails soon? How do i find out if i am approved or not? thanks

The IO didn't tell you anything after the interview? It's either you're approved or decision cannot be made at that moment and you have to await further instructions in mail, there's no in between. Sorry to say this, but this is about you, it's your right to ask and you have to ask, what's the IO's decision at the end of the interview, can't just leave with a question mark left in your mind. A decent IO would ask you at the end of the interview if you have any questions for him and he wouldn't just slam shut the door. Even if he just slam shut the door, you still have the right to knock on the door until he comes back out and then you can ask him if you're approved or not, he has to tell you yes you're approved or no not at this point. I guess you can call the mis-information line and talk to a higher level IO (not the first person answer the phone because they cannot help you in your situation) or make an infopass for inquiry about your detail case status. I'm pretty sure there's no online update for you that's why I said the first person answer the mis-information line cannot help you because they only know and can only read what's on their computer screen tells them which is the same information as your online status. May be if you have the patience, you can wait for them to send you the mail (either approved or they need something else from you), but I would only wait up to 30 days, if nothing by then, you have to take some actions (either call the mis-information line or make an infopass appointment). Good Luck!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Well that's really odd. Do you have your case registered online, so you can get an email when it changes? I'd guess by his saying "you're all done", that you are approved, but I guess it is not good to get your hopes up. I don't think that they take fingerprints/photo again, unless maybe it has been quite awhile since you had them done.

Edited by jane2009

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

what is your timeline? didn't you have a biometric appointment before?

10 Yrs. Unconditional Greencard Approved, 06 - 03 - 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bhutan
Timeline

what is your timeline? didn't you have a biometric appointment before?

its for 10 yr GC. i've had biometric appointment before. i was married on March 2006. I ask cos i m not familiar with the formalities or procedures when the I-751 interview is done...

jane2009,

i have my case registered online. do u think the case status will reflect whether i m approved or not?

jasminelily,

we were waiting in the waiting room after the interview, he went to make copies of evidence. Then he returned and gave back our evidence and said "you're all done". it happened so fast that i didn't get to ask him whether i was approved or not.. but the interview went very well. I couldn't get in becos it was a pin protected door plus the camera and security guard with gun was present. we did wait for him for sometime, but no luck. i know its odd, i m myself confused. i dont think it has happened to anyone else... i'll wait for some notification mails. Also the officer looked very young, he may be new/intern or forgotton to inform me about his decision//

Edited by WoodenRobot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.