simone24

Jamaican Embassy

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon to all,

Is there anyone filing cr1/ir1 through the Jamaican Embassy? I have a few questions.

1. How long is the wait time for an interview after NVS completes your case? 2. Can you schedule your interview date via paymaster? 3. What is the interview like? 4. How soon do you receive your visa after approval? 5. Is it better to attend the interview with your spouse?

Thank you very much.

Happy Valentines to all (L)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good Afternoon to all,

Is there anyone filing cr1/ir1 through the Jamaican Embassy? I have a few questions.

1. How long is the wait time for an interview after NVS completes your case? 2. Can you schedule your interview date via paymaster? 3. What is the interview like? 4. How soon do you receive your visa after approval? 5. Is it better to attend the interview with your spouse?

Thank you very much.

Good day, there Simone it seems we are on the same passage with the Kingston Embassy. I am awaiting notification from them also. Our case was complete in December. Sorry I dont have any info to offer. But hopefully you will here something soon.

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

I-130 Approved 08-03-2005

Received DS-3032/I-864 08-05-2005

Pay I-864 Bill 09-10-2005

Received I-864 Package 09-18-2005

Visit Hubby 09-29-10-04-2005

Return Completed DS3032 10-08-2005

Receive IV Bill 10-29-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Receive Instruction Pkg 11-28-2005

Case Complete at NVC 12-29-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Packet Received 02-17-2006

Interview Date 03-16-2006

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies~

I didn't file CR1/IR1 through Kingston but I know Ricardoswife (her VJ username) did and she just recently had an interview (December 2005) she doesn't come on the board to much but if you sent her an email I am sure she would share the details with you.

As for a couple of the questions...

You can't schedule the interview...it is scheduled for you. The only interviews scheduled through paymaster are non-immigrant visas. I believe that you recieve the visa in a couple of days after the interview if approved. With Kingston it is always better to have as much proof as possible and the best proof is you.

Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Jamie :star:

Timeline

Good Afternoon to all,

Thank you very much.

Good day, there Simone it seems we are on the same passage with the Kingston Embassy. I am awaiting notification from them also. Our case was complete in December. Sorry I dont have any info to offer. But hopefully you will here something soon.

I am happy to find that I am not alone. I have been looking for months to talk to someone about the experience but couldn't find anyone who have done it before. I am currently at the stage of sending my i864 and ds230 forms to nvs. Are you filing for a spouse as well? Have you spoken with anyone about your interview date? It was my understanding that NVS schedules the interview for CR1/Ir1.

Hi Ladies~

I didn't file CR1/IR1 through Kingston but I know Ricardoswife (her VJ username) did and she just recently had an interview (December 2005) she doesn't come on the board to much but if you sent her an email I am sure she would share the details with you.

You can't schedule the interview...it is scheduled for you. The only interviews scheduled through paymaster are non-immigrant visas. I believe that you recieve the visa in a couple of days after the interview if approved. With Kingston it is always better to have as much proof as possible and the best proof is you.

Thank you Jamie for your help. I will email her today.

Edited by simone24

Timeline

Good Afternoon to all,

Thank you very much.

I am happy to find that I am not alone. I have been looking for months to talk to someone about the experience but couldn't find anyone who have done it before. I am currently at the stage of sending my i864 and ds230 forms to nvs. Are you filing for a spouse as well? Have you spoken with anyone about your interview date? It was my understanding that NVS schedules the interview for CR1/Ir1.

Hi Ladies~

Thank you Jamie for your help. I will email her today.

Sounds good thanks for the info.

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HI,

I am going for the K3, but doesn't it seems like everyone is doing a K1. I have not even filed as of yet. I am waiting on the return of the G325A and pics.

Good luck on your journey. (L)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Sounds good thanks for the info.

I received packet 4 and my hubby interview date is

March 16.

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Timeline
HI,

I am going for the K3, but doesn't it seems like everyone is doing a K1. I have not even filed as of yet. I am waiting on the return of the G325A and pics.

Hi,

It may seem as if EVERYONE IS DOING k1. But you are not alone. I just sent in the I864 and Ds230 (I hope everything goes well) so if you have any questions I will try my best to help answer them. This site is really helpful. You will find a lot of good information on it.

later,

Simone

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

the IV packet says you need to have the medical exam 7 days prior to the interview. so call in advance to get a appt. they can be pretty booked at embassy doctors. thats what my husband found out. i dont have the number for Mobay but i will post it later when i find it.

Hope Medical in MoBay

Andrews Memorial Hospital in Kingston (926-7401-3)

Dr Banbury in Kingston (908_2123)

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Timeline

HI,

Hi,

It may seem as if EVERYONE IS DOING k1. But you are not alone. I just sent in the I864 and Ds230 (I hope everything goes well) so if you have any questions I will try my best to help answer them. This site is really helpful. You will find a lot of good information on it.

later,

Simone

It took a little over 2 weeks to receive the notice from the NVC that they have completed processing the IR-1 case and have sent it to Kingston after both the I864 and the DS230 were sent in. In my wifes case this happened on the 23rd of last month. The K3 process went smothly back in 2003 until the interview/physical. She tested positive for Ganga. Hoping for an April interview. I plan to attend this time.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

eric,

since you have been through this before, I was wondering if you can answer a few questions for me about your experience. my case was completed February 23, 2006 and shipped to JA. I was wondering if you may have any idea when the interview will be set. how long after your case was completed did you receive an interview date? also can we request an earlier interview if needed. what type of questions did the CO ask your wife? I notice you decided to go to the interview with her this time around, why? Do you think it is better for the husband/wife to be at the interview?

Timeline
eric,

since you have been through this before, I was wondering if you can answer a few questions for me about your experience. my case was completed February 23, 2006 and shipped to JA. I was wondering if you may have any idea when the interview will be set. how long after your case was completed did you receive an interview date? also can we request an earlier interview if needed. what type of questions did the CO ask your wife? I notice you decided to go to the interview with her this time around, why? Do you think it is better for the husband/wife to be at the interview?

My previous time, was with the K3, at that time the interview was scheduled online. Things are quite different now. Though I see you know have a date, thats great. There is no particular reason I plan to be at the interview this time. I just think it may help.

Hopefully my wife will get one around the same time. If so I may luck out and get my trip paid for. It looks like my company is going to open their Kingston office back up in 3 weeks, if this turns out as it appears I'll be in Kingston at the end of March for work.

eric,

We never really discussed the fist interview, due the the denial for ganga the rest of the interview seemed unimportant at the time.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

eric,

My previous time, was with the K3, at that time the interview was scheduled online. Things are quite different now. Though I see you know have a date, thats great. There is no particular reason I plan to be at the interview this time. I just think it may help.

Hopefully my wife will get one around the same time. If so I may luck out and get my trip paid for. It looks like my company is going to open their Kingston office back up in 3 weeks, if this turns out as it appears I'll be in Kingston at the end of March for work.

eric,

We never really discussed the fist interview, due the the denial for ganga the rest of the interview seemed unimportant at the time.

Eric, May I ask what company you work for?

Timeline

eric,

Eric, May I ask what company you work for?

TeleServices Direct, the Jamaican branch is TSD Jamaica LTD

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.