bulaklak

Filipina wife Living in PI

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello to all people in VJ. I am married to American guy for 6 years now. I am going back to Philippines and live there maybe 4 to 5 years for some reason. My question is, does my marriage still valid even in that longer period of time of separation??

thank you

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Hello to all people in VJ. I am married to American guy for 6 years now. I am going back to Philippines and live there maybe 4 to 5 years for some reason. My question is, does my marriage still valid even in that longer period of time of separation??

thank you

Are you a holding a dual citizenship now?If not and you are just a green card holder, you will put your LPR status in jeopardy.Marriage will still be valid as long as you and your husband will not get divorce and you both agree on this plan of yours BUT, 4-5 years of separation really does not sound right why don't you just convince him to live with you in PI?

Are you a holding a dual citizenship now?If not and you are just a green card holder, you will put your LPR status in jeopardy.Marriage will still be valid as long as you and your husband will not get divorce and you both agree on this plan of yours BUT, 4-5 years of separation really does not sound right why don't you just convince him to live with you in PI?

Hi, thanks for the clarification. yes, thats what I believed so. I can stay there any time I want, as long as I'm holding a dual citizenship. I'm a American citizen now, so thats def means I don't have problem staying in the Philippines for many years.

My husband has a job here; and he want to stay here in US. He's going to visit me there atleast once a year.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

You both will be legally married until a divorce decree is entered into a court of law and approved by a judge

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

thank you

Yes. your marriage is still valid as long as you or your spouse didn't get a divorce or annulment decree. Your marriage will not expire even if you stay in the Philippine for 4 or 5 years.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

thank you

Yes. your marriage is still valid as long as you or your spouse didn't get a divorce or annulment decree. Your marriage will not expire even if you stay in the Philippine for 4 or 5 years.

\ :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

thank you

If he wanted a divorce and you were in the Philippines. He could attempt to serve paper to you, and if were out of the country for an extended period he could get a divorce judgement against you, since you would not be able to dispute the divorce.

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

If he wanted a divorce and you were in the Philippines. He could attempt to serve paper to you, and if were out of the country for an extended period he could get a divorce judgement against you, since you would not be able to dispute the divorce.

Do you mean I have no right to iniate a divorce if I don't live in America? does the Philippines goverment will recognize my divorce decree? or I am still married there but legally divorced in US ?... :unsure: it is good that you did mention about this matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you mean I have no right to iniate a divorce if I don't live in America? does the Philippines goverment will recognize my divorce decree? or I am still married there but legally divorced in US ?... :unsure: it is good that you did mention about this matter.

Recognition of marriage/divorce across countries is by treaty. We have one with the Philippines that is reciprocal - each recognizes marriage or divorce decrees from the other.

Edited by rlogan

thank you

Newsflash: Marriages never "expire". Only the man and woman does. :blink:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Either partys can start the process of divorce, Doesn't matter where you live.

If a divorce decree is issued in USA, then both governments (PI/USA) will recognize the divorce....

Thanks all.....well...I didn't wish to divorce him, as long as Him and I still both working in our marriage; and I'm hoping everything is going to be fine even though I live there and He live here in the US.

If a divorce decree is issued in USA, then both governments (PI/USA) will recognize the divorce....

From what I understand the petitioner in the US has to initiate the divorce to be recognized by the Philippine government Not sure what's involved but the local Philippine consulate in the US has to be notified.

Lotus I wish you luck as living that far apart successfully isn't that easy.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

From what I understand the petitioner in the US has to initiate the divorce to be recognized by the Philippine government Not sure what's involved but the local Philippine consulate in the US has to be notified.

Lotus I wish you luck as living that far apart successfully isn't that easy.

though she's already a USC right? she can initiate divorce basing upon her citizenship (american)... but if she's in phil and will initiate divorce (as filipino, pertaining she's dual) then i believe they wont honer that right?... what im saying here are just queries and not a statement, rather just want some clarification by these laws... i do hope you'll work out the marriage... God bless you both and may find peace and happiness :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

though she's already a USC right? she can initiate divorce basing upon her citizenship (american)... but if she's in phil and will initiate divorce (as filipino, pertaining she's dual) then i believe they wont honer that right?... what im saying here are just queries and not a statement, rather just want some clarification by these laws... i do hope you'll work out the marriage... God bless you both and may find peace and happiness :thumbs:

my bad. i meant honor :blush:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.