7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am a usa citizen my wife came as a visitor four years ago as a B-2 visa we have two U.S boys my question is I made only 19,000 a year so i can not meet the poverty line for a family of 4 of 27,550 i have a friend he lives in n.y he is u.s citizen he makes only 24,000 a year he is single the question is if he sponsor my wife does he has to make the poverty line of 4 people,, or does he has two make the poverty line of two because he is only going to sponsor my wife and the povery line for two is 18,212 so he makes more than that

I am a usa citizen my wife came as a visitor four years ago as a B-2 visa we have two U.S boys my question is I made only 19,000 a year so i can not meet the poverty line for a family of 4 of 27,550 i have a friend he lives in n.y he is u.s citizen he makes only 24,000 a year he is single the question is if he sponsor my wife does he has to make the poverty line of 4 people,, or does he has two make the poverty line of two because he is only going to sponsor my wife and the povery line for two is 18,212 so he makes more than that

o.k pleaser help

A sponsor/co-sponsor must calculate their household size as at least him/herself plus the intending immigrant(s), plus any in their household (their spouse/children etc). Your children, nor you would count as being in his/her household (based on what you said).

A sponsor/co-sponsor must calculate their household size as at least him/herself plus the intending immigrant(s), plus any in their household (their spouse/children etc). Your children, nor you would count as being in his/her household (based on what you said).

help meeeeeeeeeeee

help meeeeeeeeeeee

my co-sponsor is only him he does not have a kids or any obligation

help meeeeeeeeeeee

your friend needs to fill I-864 and he will count himself and the person for whom he is becoming co-sponser(means your wife).If you are applying for your kids then he will include your kids too.even if your income doesnt meet poverty guidelines you still need to fill I-864 also.But if you and your friend both showing your income together(combine) to meet poverty guidelines then you being the principal applicant needs to fill I-864 and your friend being joint sponser needs to fill I-864A that is a contract form that shows the permission from joint sponser to principal sponser to use his/her income to meet poverty guidelines.But if you are using only his income to meet poverty guidelines then he will fill I-864 seperatly and you will fill I-864 seperatly. with all required documents(tax transcripts,see instructions).Hope this will help.

help meeeeeeeeeeee

your friend needs to fill I-864 and he will count himself and the person for whom he is becoming co-sponser(means your wife).If you are applying for your kids then he will include your kids too.even if your income doesnt meet poverty guidelines you still need to fill I-864 also.But if you and your friend both showing your income together(combine) to meet poverty guidelines then you being the principal applicant needs to fill I-864 and your friend being joint sponser needs to fill I-864A that is a contract form that shows the permission from joint sponser to principal sponser to use his/her income to meet poverty guidelines.But if you are using only his income to meet poverty guidelines then he will fill I-864 seperatly and you will fill I-864 seperatly. with all required documents(tax transcripts,see instructions).Hope this will help.

Also if your friend has any family member living with him or any friend living with him whom he is supporting finacially he has to include in family size.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.