sweetlj

concerned about CRBA processing time and requirements...

67 posts in this topic

Hello to all VJ members!

Im basically new here, but i started reading visa journey since March. I read some forums and get some ideas about processing of our petition together with my daughter.

I have concerns like CBRA processing?

Me together with my daughter had an interview last April 21. The interview went well from the pre screening to CO. Until the CO noticed that my husband is already US citizen. She asked why we didn't file our daughter's CBRA for her to be citizen already. I told her that it takes time and we dont have much ideas about the processing etc. She continued typing on her pc until she said that my daughter is already a US citizen. She said that we have to go to the ACS (american consular services) to verify my daughter's citizenship.

At window 37, called my daughter's name and the guy in that window gave us instructions to go to ACS and he gave back our passports. Then we proceed to the ACS... from there... at window D, the guy gave us forms to fill up and said that gather all the requirements that we can and gave it back to the embassy. Forms are: for CBRA and for passport.

I have questions regarding the CBRA. Anyone ever had the same situation like us? My concern is the process of CBRA? How long does it take? also with the passports. Im supposed to submit all the additional requirements they needed next week cause im still waiting for my marriage index from NSO.

Btw, i forgot to mention that our case was expedited from NVC to USEM. Because my husband had an order for his deployment in July that's why im very much worried about the processing of CBRA. Can anyone help me and give me some inputs regarding our case? It will be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance to all members who took time reading our case.

Thanks so much!!! :)

-sweetlj

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello to all VJ members!

Im basically new here, but i started reading visa journey since March. I read some forums and get some ideas about processing of our petition together with my daughter.

Me together with my daughter had an interview last April 21. The interview went well from the pre screening to CO. Until the CO noticed that my husband is already US citizen. She asked why we didn't file our daughter's CBRA for her to be citizen already. I told her that it takes time and we dont have much ideas about the processing etc. She continued typing on her pc until she said that my daughter is already a US citizen. She said that we have to go to the ACS (american consular services) to verify my daughter's citizenship.

At window 37, called my daughter's name and the guy in that window gave us instructions to go to ACS and he gave back our passports. Then we proceed to the ACS... from there... at window D, the guy gave us forms to fill up and said that gather all the requirements that we can and gave it back to the embassy. Forms are: for CBRA and for passport.

I have questions regarding the CBRA. Anyone ever had the same situation like us? My concern is the process of CBRA? How long does it take? also with the passports. Im supposed to submit all the additional requirements they needed next week cause im still waiting for my marriage index from NSO.

Btw, i forgot to mention that our case was expedited from NVC to USEM. Because my husband had an order for his deployment in July that's why im very much worried about the processing of CBRA. Can anyone help me and give me some inputs regarding our case? It will be appreciated. :)

-sweetlj

Just complete all the requirements right away and bring it to USEM so you get your schedule for interview. Some applicants completed the whole process in a month. Just complete all the requirements and evidences to avoid delays.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#support <-- I hope this will help you.

Since you were already married and if your daughter has the physical features of her dad i think theres a small chance that they will request for DNA Testing.

Just make sure you have all the evidences needed to prove the relationship of the child and her father. (Child's BC, your Marriage Cert., your family photos, etc.) And your husband physical presence in the US. (Military records, BC, passport etc.)

Just search for other CRBA experiences in VJ.

Hello to all VJ members!

-sweetlj

Just complete all the requirements right away and bring it to USEM so you get your schedule for interview. Some applicants completed the whole process in a month. Just complete all the requirements and evidences to avoid delays.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#support <-- I hope this will help you.

Since you were already married and if your daughter has the physical features of her dad i think theres a small chance that they will request for DNA Testing.

Just make sure you have all the evidences needed to prove the relationship of the child and her father. (Child's BC, your Marriage Cert., your family photos, etc.) And your husband physical presence in the US. (Military records, BC, passport etc.)

Just search for other CRBA experiences in VJ.

Thank you so much for additional inputs. I'd just called the ACS... and yes they told me to bring all the documents that i have in hand so that they can execute my daughter's application. And will tell if i still need some additional documents. Im just waiting for my husband's consent the DS 3053 form other documents from him that might be helpful. :help:

Hello to all VJ members!

-sweetlj

Im pretty sure that ul get it in 1 month or less since u already pass the interview...Goodluck

Hello to all VJ members!

-sweetlj

Im pretty sure that ul get it in 1 month or less since u already pass the interview...Goodluck

Thank you so much piscean and sayitonce. I hope we finish this process as soon as possible. My husband is getting worried and desperate na. hehehe... :) We needed to be in US before his deployment. I hope this wont take long... :( Godbless you both!

link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

( To avail of the U.S. Embassy-contracted courier service, as well as obtain forms and a list of requirements, please contact (63-2) 879-4747 (ACS-Air21/FedEx Courier Service), 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on American and Philippine holidays. The U.S. Embassy has partnered with Air21/FedEx to provide blank forms, pick-up completed forms and documents, and deliver passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad to any location in the Philippines for a nominal fee. Personal interview appointments will be scheduled after the receipt of the application and supporting documents.)

STEPS:

Air21/FedEx Courier Step by Step Procedure :

1) Call Air21/FedEx courier service and request delivery of specific application forms that you need

2) Complete the forms and prepare the supporting documents.

3) Call Air21/FedEx courier service and request for pick up and delivery of your completed forms and supporting documents to the U.S. Embasy.

4) The Passport and Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy will contact you for a personal interview appointment.

5) Air21/FedEx will deliver your completed CRBA and/or passport right to your home.

* What I did personally : I called them 7-10 business days after I confirmed what is the CRBA if there is a date available for them ( pero this is your choice in others kulit effect lang para mas maexpedite ) ; Pero ang normal procedure is have them to call you normally 7-28 day business days ang waiting after they received your packets from Air21. And then yun na prepare mga $250-300 cash for the application just to be safe.

** American Citizens Service

Tel. No. : (632) 301-2000 extension 2555, 2246

Fax : (632) 301-2017

Requirements;

- BC of the child (nso certified)

- marriage contract ( parents )

- proof of relationship before and after conception of the baby

- medical history , ultrasounds during pregnancy

- dna testing is required only if asked by consulate if they are not satisfied with evidences

- IMPORTANT : DOMICILE RECORDS OF USC HUSBAND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM DATE OF BIRTH TO PRESENT (DYAN AKO LAGE DENIED =(..LEARN FROM MY OWN MISTAKES PERO SILA KC HANAP NG HANAP NG BUTAS

- PICTURES OF YOU , USC PARENT AND THE KID ( FAMILY PICTURE )

- US PASSPORT, SSN CARD, AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF US PARENT ( TO TESTIFY CITIZENSHIP )

* NDE NAKO HINAHANAPAN NG DNA.KC THEY ARE OK WITH THE RELATIONSHIP, DOMICILE RECORDS LANG TLGA. MAHABANG STORYA GOODLUCK AND HOPE THIS HELPS.

$250-300 for the US passport and CRBA certificate na un sa USEM un na payment..

sa Air21 ata if im not mistaken.. prepare mga PHP 150-300 ( which already includes : all in one baga -- for the application forms, pickup ng docs from you to usem, and then lastly pag naaprove USEM To deliver to your house ung US birth certificate and passport ng bata (F)

link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

( To avail of the U.S. Embassy-contracted courier service, as well as obtain forms and a list of requirements, please contact (63-2) 879-4747 (ACS-Air21/FedEx Courier Service), 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on American and Philippine holidays. The U.S. Embassy has partnered with Air21/FedEx to provide blank forms, pick-up completed forms and documents, and deliver passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad to any location in the Philippines for a nominal fee. Personal interview appointments will be scheduled after the receipt of the application and supporting documents.)

STEPS:

Air21/FedEx Courier Step by Step Procedure :

1) Call Air21/FedEx courier service and request delivery of specific application forms that you need

2) Complete the forms and prepare the supporting documents.

3) Call Air21/FedEx courier service and request for pick up and delivery of your completed forms and supporting documents to the U.S. Embasy.

4) The Passport and Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy will contact you for a personal interview appointment.

5) Air21/FedEx will deliver your completed CRBA and/or passport right to your home.

* What I did personally : I called them 7-10 business days after I confirmed what is the CRBA if there is a date available for them ( pero this is your choice in others kulit effect lang para mas maexpedite ) ; Pero ang normal procedure is have them to call you normally 7-28 day business days ang waiting after they received your packets from Air21. And then yun na prepare mga $250-300 cash for the application just to be safe.

** American Citizens Service

Tel. No. : (632) 301-2000 extension 2555, 2246

Fax : (632) 301-2017

Requirements;

- BC of the child (nso certified)

- marriage contract ( parents )

- proof of relationship before and after conception of the baby

- medical history , ultrasounds during pregnancy

- dna testing is required only if asked by consulate if they are not satisfied with evidences

- IMPORTANT : DOMICILE RECORDS OF USC HUSBAND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM DATE OF BIRTH TO PRESENT (DYAN AKO LAGE DENIED =(..LEARN FROM MY OWN MISTAKES PERO SILA KC HANAP NG HANAP NG BUTAS

- PICTURES OF YOU , USC PARENT AND THE KID ( FAMILY PICTURE )

- US PASSPORT, SSN CARD, AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF US PARENT ( TO TESTIFY CITIZENSHIP )

* NDE NAKO HINAHANAPAN NG DNA.KC THEY ARE OK WITH THE RELATIONSHIP, DOMICILE RECORDS LANG TLGA. MAHABANG STORYA GOODLUCK AND HOPE THIS HELPS.

$250-300 for the US passport and CRBA certificate na un sa USEM un na payment..

sa Air21 ata if im not mistaken.. prepare mga PHP 150-300 ( which already includes : all in one baga -- for the application forms, pickup ng docs from you to usem, and then lastly pag naaprove USEM To deliver to your house ung US birth certificate and passport ng bata (F)

Thanks so much LostGurl Sophia for additional infos. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Hello to all VJ members!

-sweetlj

dont worry it wont take too long processing a crba,i talked to one vj member about how long it will take..she told me once u already submit the ap[plication in just 3-5 days they will call u for ur daughter's interview..and if they will ask for a DNA test it will only take 10 days to get the result.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Hi there,the CO is correct.Authomatically US Citizen na tlga anak mo nsa tiyan mo pa lng sya noon.You just need to register or report yung birth nya sa ACS.My daughter went to CRBA process and everything went fine and very smooth.All in all..ang process is 1 month lng from submitting the requirements,appointment and receiving my daughter's CRBA and US Passport.Basta make sure lng na kumpleto yung mga isa-submit mo kung ano yung nsa requirements checklist especially yung proof nyo ng hubby mo during the conception of the baby at yung time na nagmeet kayo,proofs like pictures together,hotel bills,phone bills showing your number,flight itineraries nya nung binisita ka nya,prenatal records mo/ultrasounds,hospital bill,family pics nyo at etc.

Here is my daughter's CRBA timeline:

Aeisha’s CRBA Journey Filed under: Passport/Citizenship 4 Comments July 08 2008 FedEx picked up papers

July 10 2008 ACS-USEM received papers

July 11 2008 ACS called for appointment

July 24 2008 CRBA&Passport appointment > Approved!

Aug.07 2008 received CRBA Certificate&Passport

Sep.10 2008 applied SSN/SSA

Sep.16 2008 received SSN card

Jan.05 2009 got exit permit BI Olongapo Branch (too late..didnt know that Aeisha can have Phil.passport to make her dual citizen and no need to pay for exit permit..but anyway,BI told me to bring her NSO BC and get her a Phil.passport here in Phil.Consulate here in Florida)

Good luck!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

By the way,make sure your hubby will send you proof of his domicile in the U.S. like his mortgage,credit card bill,military records,school transcripts,tax returns,W-2's for 5 years or 2 before your daughter was born.Importante yang domicile sis kc tlgang binibilang nila.I submitted my hubby's military records,tax returns pati yung mga luma na at yung employment records nya old and current at old and current passport nya,college transcripts,GED,social security earnings,voter's card,old pay stubs.

Pag kumpleto mo yan..smooth lng CRBA ni baby girl mo at ma-approve agad yan.Kung may pic ka ni hubby mo nung bata pa sya na hawig ni baby nyo..dalhin mo sa appointment makakatulong din yun pra wala DNA test...or submit more proofs ng relationship nyo pra ma-satisfy mo consul.

Good luck and sana mapunta kayo sa mabait na consul :)

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

By the way,make sure your hubby will send you proof of his domicile in the U.S. like his mortgage,credit card bill,military records,school transcripts,tax returns,W-2's for 5 years or 2 before your daughter was born.Importante yang domicile sis kc tlgang binibilang nila.I submitted my hubby's military records,tax returns pati yung mga luma na at yung employment records nya old and current at old and current passport nya,college transcripts,GED,social security earnings,voter's card,old pay stubs.

Pag kumpleto mo yan..smooth lng CRBA ni baby girl mo at ma-approve agad yan.Kung may pic ka ni hubby mo nung bata pa sya na hawig ni baby nyo..dalhin mo sa appointment makakatulong din yun pra wala DNA test...or submit more proofs ng relationship nyo pra ma-satisfy mo consul.

Thanks so much bluemist! Sana nga smooth lng... Anyway, nainterview na kmi Last April 29. I don't know if they will still schedule us for another interview since marami pa sila hanap na documents especially nga physical presence ng husband ko sa states for five years. Anyway, Nasubmit ko na lahat un additional requirements na hinahanap nila via courier and hopefully by this time they reviewed it na. Sabi kasi sa akin nun pre-screener dun sa ACS kahit un military records lng daw ng husband ko present ko just to prove that he's in the US for five years before our daughter's birth and of course un old passports and current passports nya. Plus i submitted also proof of our relationship before our daughter's conception. But basically more on pictures lng meron ako, emails and letters at saka un notarized passport nya nung time na nandito sya when i got pregnant. Wala na ksi un ticket nya before or even itenerary nya. You think consul will be satisfied with that? (sana naman...) Also i submitted all my pre-natal records as well as hospital receipts/bills. Sana nga smooth na lng lahat... Im worried na kasi... So much on delays na kami. We have to be in the US before my husband's deployment in July.

Thanks again bluemist. I'll let you know if we have any updates with our application. :)

Thanks so much bluemist! Sana nga smooth lng... Anyway, nainterview na kmi Last April 29. I don't know if they will still schedule us for another interview since marami pa sila hanap na documents especially nga physical presence ng husband ko sa states for five years. Anyway, Nasubmit ko na lahat un additional requirements na hinahanap nila via courier and hopefully by this time they reviewed it na. Sabi kasi sa akin nun pre-screener dun sa ACS kahit un military records lng daw ng husband ko present ko just to prove that he's in the US for five years before our daughter's birth and of course un old passports and current passports nya. Plus i submitted also proof of our relationship before our daughter's conception. But basically more on pictures lng meron ako, emails and letters at saka un notarized passport nya nung time na nandito sya when i got pregnant. Wala na ksi un ticket nya before or even itenerary nya. You think consul will be satisfied with that? (sana naman...) Also i submitted all my pre-natal records as well as hospital receipts/bills. Sana nga smooth na lng lahat... Im worried na kasi... So much on delays na kami. We have to be in the US before my husband's deployment in July.

Thanks again bluemist. I'll let you know if we have any updates with our application. :)

Yup,the pre-screener is right kahit yung military records lng ni hubby mo showing yung 5 years Physical Presence nya here in the U.S. bago pinanganak daughter nyo..about sa notarized passport nya..ok na din yan kc nka-show nman yung entry and exit stamp nya sa Pinas proving na nandyan sya that time..nag-submit din ako nyan...Im sure approve na yan si daughter mo...ma-satisfy na cla nyan.wait mo na lng call ng ACS for appointment nya.Dont worry all in 1 month lng yun or maybe less pa..about ur interview..pag ok na CRBA baby mo at tanggap mo na CRBA at passport nya..balik ka USEM and punta ka sa Window 37 to tell them na ok na yung CRBA daughter mo,pakita mo lng yun then papakita ng in-charge dun sa CO na nag-interview sau then release na nila visa mo.

May Phil.passport na daughter mo dba?Bago kayo alis pinas..punta kayo sa BI..bring his 2 passports,Philippine and US passport,tell them ur daughter is exiting with 2 passports pra wala na exit permit,They will tell you there..kc 2 passports which are Philippine and US makes your daughter dual-citizen.

Good luck at sana 2mawag na ACS sau A.S.AP!!!!

N-400 Naturalization

Yup,the pre-screener is right kahit yung military records lng ni hubby mo showing yung 5 years Physical Presence nya here in the U.S. bago pinanganak daughter nyo..about sa notarized passport nya..ok na din yan kc nka-show nman yung entry and exit stamp nya sa Pinas proving na nandyan sya that time..nag-submit din ako nyan...Im sure approve na yan si daughter mo...ma-satisfy na cla nyan.wait mo na lng call ng ACS for appointment nya.Dont worry all in 1 month lng yun or maybe less pa..about ur interview..pag ok na CRBA baby mo at tanggap mo na CRBA at passport nya..balik ka USEM and punta ka sa Window 37 to tell them na ok na yung CRBA daughter mo,pakita mo lng yun then papakita ng in-charge dun sa CO na nag-interview sau then release na nila visa mo.

May Phil.passport na daughter mo dba?Bago kayo alis pinas..punta kayo sa BI..bring his 2 passports,Philippine and US passport,tell them ur daughter is exiting with 2 passports pra wala na exit permit,They will tell you there..kc 2 passports which are Philippine and US makes your daughter dual-citizen.

Good luck at sana 2mawag na ACS sau A.S.AP!!!!

Hi ulit bluemist! Thanks so much talaga... this really helps me alot. You guys lift my spirits. Im wishing nga na tawagan na nila ako ASAP para malaman ko na result. Hope this wont take too long and I hope that they're satisfied na sa mga documents i submitted. Yup. meron na Phil. passport daughter ko. Anytime pwede kami punta sa BI as long as we have her passports na? Passports lng kailangan ko present sa knila for my daughter's exit permit? Thank you so much talaga... I hope we can finish all this process within this month or before end of this month. :)

Ur welcome..she wont need exit permit anymore bsta 2 passports hawak nya..Philippine and US Passport..just go there sa BI ksama daughter mo at sbhin mo sa knila na magta-travel daughter mo ksma ka using her 2 passports at cla na magsasabi sau na di na nya need ng exit permit.Ipakita mo lng sa knila then iri-record nila na dual-citizen sya.

Good luck..pwede mo nman tawagan ACS to follow up..twag ka between 2pm to 4pm..yan kc inquiry time nila..

Here is the number: (02) 301-2000 extension 2555 or 2246

N-400 Naturalization

Timeline

helo..ask ko lng sana nung pinick up ba ng fedex ung crba applicaiton ng baby mo sinama mo na ba ung mga lahat ng requirements na kailangan nila o dadalhin mo ung mga requirements sa interview ng baby mo?

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.