umazum00

G-325A help for I-130

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a US citizen currently living in London with my spouse, who's a UK citizen. We are wanting to move back to the US and are starting with the I-130, and I'm already finding this confusing. Regarding the G-325A and the applicant's residence section, do I fill out my residence for the last 5 years on my form and her residence on her form, or do we list her residence on both? Similarly with the employment, how should this be filled out? Also, what is an Alien Registration Number, do we need one for this form, and how do we go about obtaining one if we do?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm a US citizen currently living in London with my spouse, who's a UK citizen. We are wanting to move back to the US and are starting with the I-130, and I'm already finding this confusing. Regarding the G-325A and the applicant's residence section, do I fill out my residence for the last 5 years on my form and her residence on her form, or do we list her residence on both? Similarly with the employment, how should this be filled out? Also, what is an Alien Registration Number, do we need one for this form, and how do we go about obtaining one if we do?

Thanks,

Mike

You need you fill out your own G-325A and your wife needs to fill out another G-325A for her. Each G-325A consists of total 4 pages. You can fill out G-325A form from USCIS website. When you would type one page, it would automatically fill out for other 3 pages. You need to print the G-325A right away. If something does not fit in the space, you can neatly write it down as well. The G-325A link is:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...iles/g-325a.pdf

Anyway, you both need to list all your residence and employment of last 5 years including the current one. A born US citizen does not have any alien registration number whereas a naturalized US citizen does. If you don't have one, write "NONE."

Hope the information are helpful.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thanks for the info.

Two more questions:

1) Regarding the residence section, I'm an American living in the UK on a residence visa for the last 6 months now, but I've also kept a US address during this time. I receive mail at both addresses. Which address should I put down as my current address?

2) What goes in the File number section (the one with an A) at the top of the G-325A form?

-Mike

Edited by umazum00

For file number i believe you put NONE(unless you have one) and i believe the address would depend on the visa you want to do. How long is left on your visa for here? Have you looked into DCF?

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

For file number i believe you put NONE(unless you have one) and i believe the address would depend on the visa you want to do. How long is left on your visa for here? Have you looked into DCF?

I don't think I can go the DCF route as I only have limited leave to remain and read that the US embassy in London won't process I-130's for people with limited leave to remain. I'm a little confused now about what exactly I'm supposed to do as both my spouse and I are living in the UK.

If you will soon be in America i would start the process with the address you will have on returning to America. The sooner you get things started the better. If you can wait the first part in England it will reduce the time apart that this process inevitably includes.

Good luck.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Thanks for the info.

Two more questions:

1) Regarding the residence section, I'm an American living in the UK on a residence visa for the last 6 months now, but I've also kept a US address during this time. I receive mail at both addresses. Which address should I put down as my current address?

2) What goes in the File number section (the one with an A) at the top of the G-325A form?

-Mike

1) If you file from UK, then you can put your UK address. If you file from USA, then can put your US address as your current address.

2) It is same as alien registration number. If you don't have any, write "NONE."

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.