Lyric

Does Montreal make a big deal about dates of letters?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though the checklist letter says to have all these things gathered before the fiance returns the checklist to the embassy, I know a lot of people do most things afterwards because of the waiting time for interviews. They'll probably be receiving his packet 3 this week.

He most likely won't get an interview until September or October, I'm assuming. So I'm wondering if my co-sponsor and I go ahead and do all these things and they're signed by the end of June are they going to consider them out-dated or would that be okay?

Also, on the letter from the employer when they state the salary, is it better to just put the annual salary which is listed on the I-134? Our co-sponsor said that each year she never knows exactly what her annual salary will be due to the fact that their hours vary from week to week and she thought it best to put her hourly wage. She still makes well over the guidelines regardless. I think it's a safer bet to put the annual that is listed on I-134. Would that be correct?

One more thing is that there is a slight possibility that somewhere before the interview date she may be changing jobs, but nothing is for certain at all at this point. Does that mean she'd have to do an all new I-134 and new employer letter. :(

Just trying to make sure we avoid any snags if at all possible.

1/28/06 Sent I-129 to TSC

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

5/01/06 NOA 2 Received in the mail

5/11/06 Case Received at NVC

6/01/06 Packet 3 Received

6/28/06 Packet 3 Sent to Montreal

10/26/06 Interview date - POSTPONED :(

01/25/07 Interview Postponed.....again

11/01/07 Third and final Interview date allowed.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

To be on the safe side of things I would have all letters and forms as current as possible, that's what we did (went through MTL) and we had no problems.

Annual salary is what they ask for (if I remember correctly) so a guesstimate on your co-sponsor might be best if she can provide one.

Best of luck to you both!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.