Rover

CR1/IR1 Interview in Casablanca

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

My wife went for her interview last Monday, the lady asked her a couple of questions, and then asked her to bring translation of 3 documents, she did not accept the translations that I did here in the US, NVC accepted them with no problems, but at the consulate she wanted translations from Morocco (Birth Certificate, police certificate, and Court record).

She asked her to leave the wedding photos, phone records and e-mails to review.

My wife went across the street and made the translations and dropped them the same day. We got married January of 08, I have not been back to see my wife, because I kept saying we are going to get approved, this week, next month and so on... I really did not think it was going to take this long. So they asked her in the interview how come I have not been back to visit since?

Anyone had the same experience? and how long do they usually take to call you back after you submit the requested documents?

So for all Moroccans going to interview, make sure you have Moroccan translations, and original Marriage license.

USCIS

2007-12-28: Marriage

2008-03-10: I-130 Sent

2008-03-28: I-130 NOA1

2008-04-04: I-129F Sent

2008-04-08: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-07: I-129 touched!

2008-05-09: I-130 touched!

2008-09-17: RFE Request for evidence received

2008-09-19: Evidence sent

2008-09-22: Evidence Received by VSC

2008-09-23: touched! Case processing resumed

2008-09-24: I-129 touched!

2008-09-24: I-130 touched!

2008-09-25: I-129 touched!

2008-09-25: I-130 touched!

2008-11-18: I-130 Approved!

2008-11-18: I-129 Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What do you mean "moroccan translation?" I can't imagine why they won't accept your translation. Are you conversant in Arabic?

And who actually did the final translation? Did she have to pay a lot of money? My fiance is doing the translations himself over in Morocco. I hope that works. But maybe he should go to the same people you did. Was it like a certified translator?

Thanks and good luck!

Timeline

Dimanuni,

What I meant is, translations done in Morocco, I did not translate them myself here in the US, I used a certified translator, and they did not accept them.

My wife used a Certified translator in Morocco also, I am not sure who, or how much she paid, but I heard very close to the consulate. I paid $35 per page here in the US.

USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Dimanuni,

What I meant is, translations done in Morocco, I did not translate them myself here in the US, I used a certified translator, and they did not accept them.

My wife used a Certified translator in Morocco also, I am not sure who, or how much she paid, but I heard very close to the consulate. I paid $35 per page here in the US.

Oh man, unbelievable. :blink: First time I've come across this one. Why on earth would a U.S. Consulate not accept the validity of a U.S. certified and notarized translation!!! I paid $70 per page to get these done. Something else to put on the To Do list. :angry: But what a ridiculous extra hoop to put us through.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello all,

My wife went for her interview last Monday, the lady asked her a couple of questions, and then asked her to bring translation of 3 documents, she did not accept the translations that I did here in the US, NVC accepted them with no problems, but at the consulate she wanted translations from Morocco (Birth Certificate, police certificate, and Court record).

She asked her to leave the wedding photos, phone records and e-mails to review.

My wife went across the street and made the translations and dropped them the same day. We got married January of 08, I have not been back to see my wife, because I kept saying we are going to get approved, this week, next month and so on... I really did not think it was going to take this long. So they asked her in the interview how come I have not been back to visit since?

Anyone had the same experience? and how long do they usually take to call you back after you submit the requested documents?

So for all Moroccans going to interview, make sure you have Moroccan translations, and original Marriage license.

Rover, exact same experience for my wife too. Except 2 documents. Wife did it very same day, returned to the sidewalk window, asked for translations, originals, passport, issued an IV receipt, duplicate IV receipt stapled to her passport and all was taken by person in sidewalk window and was told they would contact her.

This happened on Monday April 20th, 2009. Wrote many emails to consulate including a response from them that my wife needs to submit translations of marriage and birth with the last response stating the following:

Dear Sir,

Your wife’s case is still pending administrative processing. We will contact her as soon as we can continue with her case.

Regards,

Immigration Visa Unit

Casablanca, Morocco

nz

Rover I will keep in touch with Casa embassy via email every week as well the immigration attorney I'm using.

I hope all bodes well, but this thing about "administrative processing" makes me uneasy.

Timeline

Mozed,

They called my Wife on Friday, 5 days after she submitted the translations and asked her to comeback on Monday April 20 at 2pm, she went in and had the interview, her VISA was approved and she received it the next day.

Thank God all is well for us now., Good luck to you.

USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mozed,

They called my Wife on Friday, 5 days after she submitted the translations and asked her to comeback on Monday April 20 at 2pm, she went in and had the interview, her VISA was approved and she received it the next day.

Congratulation, Rover. :thumbs:

My U.S. translator professes 100% guarantee on Department of State acceptance. Our translations are certified and notarized. Perhaps if translations are certified but NOT notarized, that would cause a problem. Apparently the consulate states that "If the translations are required for immigrant visa purposes, they need to be from a sworn translator, regardless of the origin." (Thanks to Rosie for providing that info.) I'm not going to get our documents retranslated in English in Morocco and I'll be very cross if that's an issue at my husband's interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance had his interview today. He had translated everything himself, and certified it. He was asked to get them translated by the translator across the street. He was able to do so and got them back to the consulate the same day. We had translated the documents ourselves in the package we sent to the California service center, but clearly that's not enough!

So, the lesson clearly is: just get them translated in Morocco, by the translator across the street!!

But the good news is, he was approved! Lhumdullah!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mozed,

rover, I got an email after my upset email to them at the consulate and they wrote back exactly 7 days later and said, "Dear sir, your wife's visa is ready to be picked up at 3:pm today.".....

People realize this, the consulate in casa does not accept any translations done here regardless of notarizations or sworn statements.

They only accept translations done in Morocco by a Moroccan translator who is registered by Moroccan authorities with proper certifications to translate. We have translations done here by anybody who is fluent in the 2 languages, but he/she is bound only by perjury laws and not certified by any governmental agency and then they notarize it here.

Don't chance it there. Over here, we can get away with it, because we are under scrutiny of perjury.

If you don't believe me, then just look at the new rules on the I-134. It no longer requires a notarization only that you certify all facts to be true under penalty of perjury.

I hope all goes well for all, my case took 4 months from petition to approval and visa only because I was thorough, prepared and had all of the evidence gathered and sent with original petitions. So, I implore you, don't forget to dot the i's and cross the t's.

I wish al the best to you.

Mozed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.