July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I get married tomorrow! EEEK!!

A few of my family members came over last night & a lot of them are going to be here tonight.

I can't believe how close we are to being husband & wife!!!!

good luck!!! are you nervous at all or do you just want it to be done and over with? lol for me..i know i'm a get nervous and be a basket case the day before and of the wedding lol.

HWDWm6.png

A few of my family members came over last night & a lot of them are going to be here tonight.

Best wishes for a wonderful day tomorrow!

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

May your wedding day be an awesome one!

Timeline

Thanks!

I'm a little nervous, but have been waiting for this day to happen for a long time(like everyone else!)

It was amazing to see so much family here today so far. So many people I haven't seen for a long time(& probably won't for another while).

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Have a great wedding!

Don't forget the pictures :P

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Thanks!

I'm a little nervous, but have been waiting for this day to happen for a long time(like everyone else!)

It was amazing to see so much family here today so far. So many people I haven't seen for a long time(& probably won't for another while).

I figured by now you would be at a reception or off on your honeymoon! You must be out on the West Coast. Have a great wedding day!

Timeline

Actually, we're at the bar at the hotel waiting for all the Canadians to finish shopping, then we go to the rehersal, haha

Hi! I'm the USC bride in a K-1 couple, and my fiance is in Ontario. We met on Rappelz, a fantasy-style Korean MMORPG.

We're planning to have a wedding reception on the same day as we get married. Some things that should help a little are that we're planning to marry on a Sunday (less popular than Saturday for weddings), and to have the civil ceremony and reception in the same location. We're having only one attendant each, so we don't need to worry about getting a bunch of people who live far away to match each other.

Since we don't know until he has his visa in hand, when the wedding can possibly be, we can't book anything yet... but my parents are a great help in planning, and we've started picking some things ahead of time. I've seen a few venues and picked my first and second choices. I'm optimistic that we -will- be able to get the first choice though, because once Dave has his visa, we can talk to the venue person and determine a date that would work.

I knew before entering the bridal shop what style gown I wanted. (Mind you, I'd never *thought* much about wedding stuff at all before, ever; I just happen to know what kind of clothes look good on me.) The first gown I tried on was the one. I tried on 3 or 4 others to be sure. :P Easy! Well, my mom noticed it was on sale this week, so I'm buying it later today. *squee!* I also chose a tiara and boots from online which I'm ordering soon. Possibly already chose a veil... I'll see today at the bridal shop. I'll be doing my own nails, makeup, and hair.

The "theme" of the wedding attire/decor is the game where we met. Not to look like we're costumed characters; just a hint, a flavour, of what the characters in the game *would* wear if they were translated into the real world. My MoH and the guys know what kind of clothes they're looking for. My char, a Priestess, is Light and Water based, and Dave's char, a Warlock, is Darkness and Fire based. Works out perfectly with traditional wedding colours, so we're going with it! xD

The 1st and 2nd choice venues both have their own menus, so no need to choose a caterer. Both venues have a florist and a cake artist they work with, so that eliminates the need to choose those. That leaves invitations, an officiant, DJ, and photographer. Menu, linens, and cake style can be decided per venue beforehand. Flowers have to wait because we won't know what will be in season, though I do have very specific ideas of what looks right.

Other things that can be done or at least decided ahead of time:

• get all contact info for guest list
  • pick invitations
  • guest favours
  • music / gather MP3s of important songs for the DJ
  • write posed photo groupings on index cards for photographer
  • salon appointment to get ideas of how to arrange my hair with tiara and veil
  • write vows
  • wedding rings

Now to finish reading through the rest of this thread! :innocent:

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Timeline
I also chose a tiara and boots from online which I'm ordering soon. Possibly already chose a veil... I'll see today at the bridal shop. I'll be doing my own nails, makeup, and hair.

Where did you buy your tiara?

I would definitely check out projectwedding.com It has awesome ideas on all sorts of things. LOTS of pictures of real women and their hair styles with veils, tiaras, etc. I think I spent 6 hours looking through all the options. YIKES.

One day closer to eternity with the man I love!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

6 hours?! :lol:

I bought my wedding headpiece off e-bay for $20. It was a really good find!

Kukolka- I spent like 10 minutes writing you a reply last night until your thread mysteriously disappeared! :lol: Basically I was just saying that a bunch of us have done what you're planning on doing recently, and it can definitely be done despite what all the paranoid naysayers in the K-1 forum might tell you. We actually set a date far into the future in a time frame we thought would safe and booked everything in advance. This was before we really had a good understanding of how complicated and lengthy the process would be, but it worked out really well.

I'm guessing you're aiming for something in the summer?

Timeline

My fiance' and I just had his packet 3 delivered to Montreal and we are "hoping" for July 11. Even have booked the church (with the understanding the date could change) and the photographer (with the understanding the date could change). I just needed something to tell people. But then again it make people antsy when they want to ask for vacation time but I can't say "with confidence" the wedding date will be July 11. Based on other timelines for Montreal, he will likely have his interview 3 weeks before our wedding. But we just don't know. I am planning for July 11 anyway.

Timeline

Everything went amazing. It was such an awesome day, The only thing that sucked was that it went by sooo fast!

I've got a few pics, but they're kinda dark, so I'll wait till I get some more before I post any.

I still can't believe we're married!!! :P

@lilac, I ordered my tiara from http://www.camiasdesigns.com/ and decided to wait until getting it to see whether I want a veil. I'm thinking probably not. :} Thanks for the projectwedding.com link! I hope all goes smoothly for you. :)

@Huggle, thank you for your words of encouragement! We're aiming for September-November, since we're not going to start booking anything until he has the visa, and Montreal was backed up until recently, and we want enough time for our guests to make travel plans.

My gown is hanging on the closet door next to me! The cashier said they didn't have any left in the warehouse, so I got the "floor model". :D

@CDAgirlMI Congratulations!! =)

Edited by Kukolka

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

I got my gown off the rack too. Only thing that's wrong with it is that it's missing 1 bead. No big deal :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

We went and got our wedding rings the day before he flew back home. We originally just went to get his, but the girl at Kay was a girl that is from my town so when she knocked $500 off of the price of my ring, he had to jump on it.

So here they are.

post-69004-1267043910_thumb.jpg

And here's one just showing what my ring is supposed to look like when paired with my engagement ring. Unless you see the two together I think that the wedding band looks kind of weird. I hated it until I put it on my finger with my other ring. Then it was all :luv: :luv: and Mathew pretty much knew that it was mine no matter what it cost, lol. Good thing she knocked some off the price because when he saw the tag around the ring I think he almost died!!! Although, when I saw the price tag on it I think I almost fainted a little too. $979 for a wedding ring is just a little too expensive I think.

Anyway, here is my two pretties together:

post-69004-1267043867_thumb.jpg

And the best thing about the day is that neither of them have to be sized. I wear a 6.75(sometimes 7 depending on the day) and he's a 10.5.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.