July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've never been to a bridal show before... have fun!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

15 days girls!! Ahhh!! So excited!! :dance: Just had a menu tasting tonight...mmmmmm!!! Still gotta get my dress steamed, its quite wrinkled from the travel down to NE...I am just a bit nervous about taking it somewhere unknown to do it....worried they will wreck it! Next week is completely booked full with appointments for the wedding....cake, pastor, photographer, reception coordinator, hair trail...should be interesting....Going to try to take it somewhat easy this weekend(yeah right....LOL)...

Huggles- I love red roses, my bouquet will be similar to yours! Everything is red roses, petals, bridesmaid bouquets white roses with hints of red. The rose ball candle favors arrived today! They are so pretty!!

If anybody needs silk/freeze dried petals...check out www.petalgarden.com. A variety of colors and they will send you samples of colors for free! Buy in bulk and so much cheaper than buying those boxed ones at Micheals. My red ones are on order...lol...

YAY!! I'm excited for you! My dress and veil were a little wrinkly from hiding in my SIL's closet for a couple months, So I took them out and let them hang and the wrinkles just fell out... it was like magic! But, I guess it would probably depend on the fabric the dress is made out of. Do you know anything with one of those little portable closet steamers? That might work. I understand you not wanting someone to ruin it! I would feel the same way. Next week sounds like fun! The cake tasting is the best! :lol:

The petals are a great idea! I went out and bought a bunch of boxed ones from Michael's and never ended up using them... I was going to put them on the aisle but after everything was set up just on the grass I changed my mind. I also have an aisle runner that was never used... so If anyone is in need hit me up! :lol: The rain sorta killed that plan.

Your bridesmaids bouquets sound kinda like mine! They had white roses with a couple reds scattered inside, then we had aqua accent flowers to match the color scheme. I know the rose ball candles you're talking about, they're so cute! I thought about getting some myself but was overruled in the favor department. Sounds like its going to be a nice event! Any idea what your numbers are like? I remember you being worried because you had no idea how many were going to make it. I went through the same thing... it was a huge pain.

Starburst, I LOVE your dress! I wish my body was sexy enough to pull something like that off :lol: Everything looks great!!

I think my dress is silk taffeta? I wish I could afford one of those closet steamers...I heard a trick from somewhere that if you put your dress in the bathroom and let the shower run for 10 minutes that the humidity will release the wrinkles...I think I might just give that a try! I don't want the humidity to wreck anything though....hummm SH$T. My dress is currently hanging in the guestroom closet....Keeping a close eye on my fiance so he doesn't peek! LOL!

Good to know re: the dress Huggles!! I'll have to remember that. How long did it take for the wrinkles to fall?

Side note:

I'm going to a Bridal Show today with my mom... kinda scared. lol Mostly because I know I'll have to explain over and over again why I'm not getting married in the area, and why I can't commit to anything, and don't exactly know my wedding date. I mean, I guess I can pretend I'm just freshly engaged and we haven't picked it yet, and lots of people do 'destination weddings'. I'm just such a bad liar. :lol:

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be able to find that would actually be useful? I have been to bridal shows before, and was even in one's fashion show one time (fun!), but it's a whole different perspective this time around! I don't know if any of it will be useful! I'm bringing a big envelope to put a bunch of pamphlets and cards in so I can sort them out later... haha Also going to show my mom the dress, since the shop is just a few blocks from here :D She's only seen it in pics so far

My advice about the bridal show, just keep the answers short and sweet! I also had to explain that I wasn't getting married in the area, so alot of the vendors could not apply to me. But I definitely got some ideas from the displays of flowers, centerpieces..etc etc. OH and stay until the end!! The bridal show I went to, there was prizes they drew for at the end! Almost every prize they drew for they had to draw 2 or 3 times...because the original winner had went home already and not there to claim the prize!! Some stuff you wouldn't be able to claim like a photography package, but maybe the honeymoon package!?

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Good to know re: the dress Huggles!! I'll have to remember that. How long did it take for the wrinkles to fall?

Side note:

I'm going to a Bridal Show today with my mom... kinda scared. lol Mostly because I know I'll have to explain over and over again why I'm not getting married in the area, and why I can't commit to anything, and don't exactly know my wedding date. I mean, I guess I can pretend I'm just freshly engaged and we haven't picked it yet, and lots of people do 'destination weddings'. I'm just such a bad liar. :lol:

Anyone have any ideas on what I might be able to find that would actually be useful? I have been to bridal shows before, and was even in one's fashion show one time (fun!), but it's a whole different perspective this time around! I don't know if any of it will be useful! I'm bringing a big envelope to put a bunch of pamphlets and cards in so I can sort them out later... haha Also going to show my mom the dress, since the shop is just a few blocks from here :D She's only seen it in pics so far

My advice about the bridal show, just keep the answers short and sweet! I also had to explain that I wasn't getting married in the area, so alot of the vendors could not apply to me. But I definitely got some ideas from the displays of flowers, centerpieces..etc etc. OH and stay until the end!! The bridal show I went to, there was prizes they drew for at the end! Almost every prize they drew for they had to draw 2 or 3 times...because the original winner had went home already and not there to claim the prize!! Some stuff you wouldn't be able to claim like a photography package, but maybe the honeymoon package!?

Yeah, I explained to a lot of them that I won't be in the area, but technically we will have a reception later in the area so some stuff STILL might apply in the area? lol. I dunno. It was neat anyways :) It was fun to tell people that our ceremony is in California, cause a lot of them were excited... haha One girl was like OMG I LOVE SANTA BARBARA and then we on talking about stuff there, then she made me a sample of an espresso!! hahaha she was fun.

We didn't stay to the end. We went right in the beginning so I could get free samples of stuff (including a free pair of earrings!)... I'm ok with missing out on some draws, because there's no way I wanted to stay there for 6 hours, and I know my mom wanted to get going home cause they had a 1 and a 1/2 hr drive and my dad likes getting home before dark :lol:

Some of the other things were ones I had to put my contact info on for the draw, so I'm waiting for a barrage of phone calls or emails :lol: My mom ended up entering a couple draws too... one of them was at a financial planner/insurance place, and the guy there ended up being the nephew of the man who did my parent's insurance when they first got married over 35 yrs ago!!! Go figure!

I have SO many pamphlets and stuff now... I had to succumb, finally, to organizing a wedding binder... haha

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Like 3 or 4 days? I was pretty surprised. Its a David's Bridal dress, so Its definitely not made of fine silk or anything, but whatever fabric it was made of was pretty winkle resistant. My husbands grandmother was worried that my dress would get all wrinkly on the way to the ceremony, since I had to change and then take the limo over in the dress. It got a couple wrinkles on it, but most of it just came out naturally. I'd try to hang it on its own... I heard about the shower thing too, that was going to be my backup plan! It might be worth a try. In my experiences, a lot of elderly people have steamers in their house, so maybe ask around? :lol:

I went to a bridal show down here a few months after we were engaged, and it was actually quite disappointing, there wasn't anything really looking at. They also made me fill out a questionnaire before I went into the room, which included asking me for my e-mail. I didn't think anything of it... then the e-mails started coming. I literally received anywhere from 2-15 e-mails from wedding vendors a day. I've almost been married for 2 months now, and I'm still getting e-mails! I'd never go to anything like that again...

Like 3 or 4 days? I was pretty surprised. Its a David's Bridal dress, so Its definitely not made of fine silk or anything, but whatever fabric it was made of was pretty winkle resistant. My husbands grandmother was worried that my dress would get all wrinkly on the way to the ceremony, since I had to change and then take the limo over in the dress. It got a couple wrinkles on it, but most of it just came out naturally. I'd try to hang it on its own... I heard about the shower thing too, that was going to be my backup plan! It might be worth a try. In my experiences, a lot of elderly people have steamers in their house, so maybe ask around? :lol:

I went to a bridal show down here a few months after we were engaged, and it was actually quite disappointing, there wasn't anything really looking at. They also made me fill out a questionnaire before I went into the room, which included asking me for my e-mail. I didn't think anything of it... then the e-mails started coming. I literally received anywhere from 2-15 e-mails from wedding vendors a day. I've almost been married for 2 months now, and I'm still getting e-mails! I'd never go to anything like that again...

Yeah, I expect to get a lot, so I have a wedding-specific email address, so at least I can ignore it if I want to! lol That's ALOT though... 2-15 a DAY... yikes. And can you believe you've almost been married for 2 months!! Time flies! :)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

A wedding show sounds like fun.

Ugh, I still feel so helpless that everything wedding related is up in the air.

It looks like fun to plan one, but I don't know what to do about my parents.

I have absolutly no money, neither does my fiance so it's not like we can start planning things ourselves.

I keep looking forward to my cake though, I keep getting really neat ideas from the books at work.

The gum paste decorations are awful expensive though. I think it's almost 150 bucks just for the flowers and they're not even sprayed pink yet.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

A wedding show sounds like fun.

Ugh, I still feel so helpless that everything wedding related is up in the air.

It looks like fun to plan one, but I don't know what to do about my parents.

I have absolutly no money, neither does my fiance so it's not like we can start planning things ourselves.

I keep looking forward to my cake though, I keep getting really neat ideas from the books at work.

The gum paste decorations are awful expensive though. I think it's almost 150 bucks just for the flowers and they're not even sprayed pink yet.

Us neither Rhiann... no money, no plans, it's all up in the air for us too... it's frustrating. I didn't even know what to put down on information sheets when they ask when the wedding is. lol

I just basically went for fun and to hang out with my mom doing wedding related somethingorother. haha I got alot of neat ideas though. AND I got a lot of free samples, including free cake and a pair of cute earrings!! :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for all the comments on my dress ladies :)

And don't worry, I'll be wearing spanx under that baby to you know..suck in all the parts that need sucking! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Believe me, I am far from a perfect body!

Oh and my save the dates were designed by my younger brother! He's a graphic designer. His girlfriend and him will be custom designing

all our invites too (if he ever gets around to it!!)

Weddings ARE expensive :( It's so hard to gather enough money to pay for them. We aren't having anything super super fancy and yet it's still costing us easy $15,000. I wouldn't be able to do it at all if it wasn't for my parents. They don't have tons of money, but they are helping out the best they can.

Hubby's parents offered to help a while back, but haven't said anything since so who knows now.

Hope everyone's week is going well! :thumbs:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Timeline

Spanx are a girl's best friend :yes:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I havn't really been thinking about wedding stuff recently.

Not really a whole lot to think about... until I have to fight with my mom about it when my fiance visits for the interview/moving me to the US :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hahah def!! I should order a pair. I just forgot! I guess I'm hoping to loose 10-15 pounds before the wedding.

HA who am I kidding. that'll never happen! :rofl:

Not really a whole lot to think about... until I have to fight with my mom about it when my fiance visits for the interview/moving me to the US :wacko:

I'm sorry :(

I hope things get better!!

For a long time we couldn't even talk about the wedding with hubby's parents. They HATE me. I still believe they don't like me at all.

People think you just plan a wedding and boom! That's it. It's a lot of stress on everyones part!

Edited by Starburst

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

We got our quote for our flowers yesterday. $1500! I think we're going to make our own centre pieces so that will knock 600 off the price. My mom also told me she doesn't want a corsage, which means I can get a cheaper one for Varba's mom. We had to do wrist corsages for the moms because my mom's outfit would not be suitable for a pin on, but Varba's mom's outfit is. So YAY for saving another 30 bucks.

I also think I've convinced the pastor to marry us. He was very worried we wouldn't attend his church after we got married, but I assured him that we would (although I don't think I will get baptized). He is to give us his final decision today.

Everything seems to be coming together. Except for the caterer... I really like his food, but he doesn't not have a business attitude. We gave him our deposit 2 weeks ago and he said he'd mail us a confirmation. Varba emailed him yesterday and he said "We're busy, I'll deposit it this week". We're busy isn't an excuse, he needs to take business lessons. Maybe I'll offer them to him in exchange for free food at our wedding LOL

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

We got our quote for our flowers yesterday. $1500! I think we're going to make our own centre pieces so that will knock 600 off the price. My mom also told me she doesn't want a corsage, which means I can get a cheaper one for Varba's mom. We had to do wrist corsages for the moms because my mom's outfit would not be suitable for a pin on, but Varba's mom's outfit is. So YAY for saving another 30 bucks.

I also think I've convinced the pastor to marry us. He was very worried we wouldn't attend his church after we got married, but I assured him that we would (although I don't think I will get baptized). He is to give us his final decision today.

Everything seems to be coming together. Except for the caterer... I really like his food, but he doesn't not have a business attitude. We gave him our deposit 2 weeks ago and he said he'd mail us a confirmation. Varba emailed him yesterday and he said "We're busy, I'll deposit it this week". We're busy isn't an excuse, he needs to take business lessons. Maybe I'll offer them to him in exchange for free food at our wedding LOL

Interesting how the pastor wants you to attend his church after he marries you... I guess a church IS a business if you think about it.

hahah def!! I should order a pair. I just forgot! I guess I'm hoping to loose 10-15 pounds before the wedding.

HA who am I kidding. that'll never happen! :rofl:

I'm sorry :(

I hope things get better!!

For a long time we couldn't even talk about the wedding with hubby's parents. They HATE me. I still believe they don't like me at all.

People think you just plan a wedding and boom! That's it. It's a lot of stress on everyones part!

YUP! You mean the 2 tanks of gas I have used recently running around to consultations and appointments.......The lack of sleep...ugh! *Cries* I just wanna stay home for an entire day and not go ANYWHERE! :lol: 1 week until his parents arrive! Ahh! The day after my parents! Well my hair & makeup trial had to be pushed back until Thursday (my birthday) because one of the two ladies ended up in the hospital! I hope she is recovering quickly! At first they thought it was a heart attack, but I guess it was inflammation of the lung. My fall allergies have been way worse seen I arrived here so I could see that as a possibility? Anyways, just checkin in hope all is well with everyone! 11 days!! :D

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Interesting how the pastor wants you to attend his church after he marries you... I guess a church IS a business if you think about it.

I think he thinks we'd just be using him? My fiance also mentioned that he "attends more frequently" another church, and the Pastor asked him to ask that pastor to marry us... but I don't want to get married in a gym and I like pastor Kyle. Varba hasn't attended that church in almost 2 years... Pretty sure my email changed his mind :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.