Chris & Joyce

MARRIAGE IN PHILIPPINES

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im planning on marrying my girlfriend in the philippines. i currently live in USA (California). I will be seeing her in about 1 month (May 13-24, 2009). My question is... What will I need to take to have her sign and what are the requirements? Also, how long can I expect her to be here once i return? Thank for all your help:)

July 10th 2008 ~ Met On Filipina Heart (FH)

July 20th 2008 ~ Officially On :)

May 11th 2009 ~ Flight Out From Los Angeles(LAX) - Manila With

Connecting Flight To General Santos

May 13th 2009 ~ Stepped Off Plane. Met In Person, General Santos Airport

(Happiest Moment, So Far)

May 13th 2009 ~ Purposed 15 Minutes After Arrival!!! She, Of Course, Said YES!!!

May 24th 2009 ~ WE'RE MARRIED!!!! YEHEY!!! AND SO HAPPY!!!

(ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma - hehehehehe:)

June 19th 2009 ~ NSO Approved Marriage Contract Received (Bansalan, Philippines)....

Im planning on marrying my girlfriend in the philippines. i currently live in USA (California). I will be seeing her in about 1 month (May 13-24, 2009). My question is... What will I need to take to have her sign and what are the requirements? Also, how long can I expect her to be here once i return? Thank for all your help:)

Here's a good start for you!

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

During your process only believe what's on government sites. Lawyer and other sites can be wrong or outdated.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can tell you right now you won’t have enough time to get legally married in the Philippines unless you plan on getting married on the 24th and have everything started and completed on the 13th, plus you probably won’t get the final paperwork until the 27th any way if everything goes perfectly.

Your best bet is to add a 3rd week to your trip if possible.

All you will need is a birth certificate, a passport, and a CERTIFIED copy of all previous divorce decrees from any previous marriages. When you get to the Philippines you will have to get an affidavit of legal capacity to contract marriage at the US consulate. You can only get this between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM Monday through Friday except on holidays.

In order to file her CR1/K3 you will need at least 2 signed copies of a G-325a (all 4 pages for each signed copy so it is 8 pages in all)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okies I married my wife in the philippines and brang her here on a k3 visa.

in 2007 the processing time for a k3 visa was 8 months plus minus in all alittle shorter than a cr1/ir1.

Requirements to marry in the philippines to my knowledge: (will include a link to further verify)

You :

• Obtain a certificate of legal capacity to marry from the embassy
  • include if divorced a certified copy of your divorce decree
  • passport
  • attend a marriage seminar through your local civil registrar's office

Her:

• Birth certicate (certified)
  • attend marriage seminar via civil registrar's office
  • if under a certain age must have parental consent to marry

The waiting period after you two have applied for a marriage license is 10 days. So make sure you scedule the wedding well in advance to make sure you have your marriage license in time.

WHen I married my wife I stayed there a month and that was barely enough time to get it done. If you go there for a week and expect to have your I do's said and done you are in for a big surprise marrying in phils is a slow and frustrating process filled with lots of paperwork and if there is something wrong that means delays. When you plan to marry over there alot time for problems.. but then again i had my wedding in a church with the works. not a court one so mine was far more involved. Also, when you are married make sure the liscense is sent to registrar's office asap because it can take up to 6 months for the license to make it to NSO and that is important for the visa.....

for the visa

She will need to sign the g_325a biographical data forms.. If for a k-3 she will need to sign the i-129f form and the i-130 form if just cr1/ir1 she will need to sign the I-130 form

thats all i know i'm sure there is more but hey i'm human. My best advice for you to is study read up because it takes real work to do it. I wish u the best

heres a link http://www.filipinoweb.com/married.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Easier to bring her here on K-1, marry here, then go back for wedding in front of family and friends. If you aren't planning a big wedding in the RP ever, definitely go with the K-1.

K-3, K-1 - neither guarantees hassle free visa approval so don't go K-3 because you think it will better your case.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

A couple of key things I noticed missing from the other responses. She needs to have a CENOMAR to get married in Phil. That takes some time and she can order that now through NSO. Where your there besides getting a signed, original G325 (all pages) from your then wife, get some US visa photos.

We did all of our paper work to apply for the license including the mandatory stop at the USEM to get my legal capacity to marry on Aug 29th. We got Marries on Sep 29th. As you can see it can take sometime to get everything processed. Once we filed as you can see in my signature my wife, Trisha, arrived in the US about 6 months later.

The guides above in Visa Journey will be a great help and so will the forum.

Final note as mentioned in one post you may need consent. Actually if your GF is under 21 you will need to get signed consent from the parents. the form is at the civil registar. If she is 21 - 25 she will need to still get signed advice from the parents. The form is also at the registar.

Best of luck

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Easier to bring her here on K-1, marry here, then go back for wedding in front of family and friends. If you aren't planning a big wedding in the RP ever, definitely go with the K-1.

K-3, K-1 - neither guarantees hassle free visa approval so don't go K-3 because you think it will better your case.

I agree with the K1. Is there a compelling reason why you want to marry there? You can always have a ceremony for her family there, and have the legal marriage in US.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.