b_weeks

HCMC - Evidence you should have

100 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello. We too have a lot of evidence (7,000 pages of chats/emails over 3 1/2 years). 12 trips (1 to Europe), lot's of photos, engagement party (held long after we filed for the K-1). I agree with overkill, even if no one looks at the evidence. Our timeline is "by trip" and is about 5 pages. Like many others, our first 8 trips are not as well documented b/c we knew nothing of K-1 requirements or HCMC requirements (we cobbled together visa entry/exit stamps, flight itineraries, and some visa bills). Our relationship is quite well-documented. My fiance' speaks fluent English, has NO relatives in the US, is 37 years old with a son, and owns a house and is upper middle class (lives in Hanoi). I hope those factors helps......

Timeline

You may also want to include the 10 year residency of petitioner and beneficiary. If you have all 4 of these they may accept it. Otherwise, it will be exactly the information they will request in the blue slip.

Petitioner: Timeline and 10 year residency

Beneficiary: 10 year residency and Relatives in USA.

Make sure to notarize all of the 4 documents.

Timeline

Yes, we did a 10-year timeline and a 10-year residency for me. We did not do a 10-year residency for her b/c that's already required in the docs required by HCMC.

Are you saying that you submitted the 10 year residency for her with the I-129F filing? What I was suggesting is to have the 4 documents all together at the interview. This would then be considered complete together. If not, they may most likely give the blue slip requesting these 4 documents.

Timeline

can my wife (beneficiary) write her 10 yr residency in vietnamese?can someone help me with the format? where can she get it notarize in HCMC? thanks in advance

Your wife can write it in Vietnamese but it needs to be translate into English as they only accept English version. The format is simple. They want the address, phone numbers(cell, work, home), family members full name and birthdate. If each family member have cell phone number include it as well. If you want to be thorough, make sure all family members are in the Ho Khau(Household registry).

Place to get notary

Justice Department ( So Tu Phap) in HCM will do it for around 200 nga`n (10 bucks) . Here is the address

141-143 Pasteur, phường 6, quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh

Số điện thoại: 08.8290230

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your wife can write it in Vietnamese but it needs to be translate into English as they only accept English version. The format is simple. They want the address, phone numbers(cell, work, home), family members full name and birthdate. If each family member have cell phone number include it as well. If you want to be thorough, make sure all family members are in the Ho Khau(Household registry).

Place to get notary

Justice Department ( So Tu Phap) in HCM will do it for around 200 nga`n (10 bucks) . Here is the address

141-143 Pasteur, phường 6, quận 3, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh

Số điện thoại: 08.8290230

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks

Not exactly true.. The Consulate does not require the document from the beneficiary to be in English.. Thats what those translators are there for... The only documents required in english are outlined in the VJ Guides... Nowhere has it been posted that a blue slip requiested 10 year residence of B "in English"...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Not exactly true.. The Consulate does not require the document from the beneficiary to be in English.. Thats what those translators are there for... The only documents required in english are outlined in the VJ Guides... Nowhere has it been posted that a blue slip requiested 10 year residence of B "in English"...

On the bottom of the blue slip it say. It is actually printed in all caps.

NOTE: ALL SWORN, NOTARIZED STATEMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH

Timeline

Wasn't on ours... but that was a year ago now..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

A timeline is a timeline. Lay it out however you want. I posted these as examples of what worked for us. I started this post because I constantly see other posts about 'BLUE SLIPS', need a timeline, pictures, phone bills, chat logs, etc.

I relaize that some people don't find this forum until it's too late, or after the fact. I was lucky enough to have found this forum before, and learned alot.

We had some red flags in our case (introduced by family, 1 trip to VN(6 weeks), pregnant(didn't waste any time), and her spoken english was broken. It was very helpful and convenient for us to hire Marc Ellis to assist us. He and his people were very nice to us. His assistant 'Nam Li' even took my fiance to her medical exam appointment, and did practice interviews.

If I had to do it over again, would I hire a lwayer to assist. I don't know. But I felt it was better safe than sorry.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

Not exactly...

date start - date end Address persons residing there during that time

its not just about where, but who was living there.. you could even add the other peoples current phone number in case the CO had an issue with the living arrangements during the relationship

Timeline

Bill started it.. lets turn this into a great FAQ section and links to other important topics that we often bump... The Wiki just doesn't do what we would want it to do here..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.