SJ1819

ENGLISH TIPS

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife pronounces any word with a short 'i' as a long 'e'.

Slippers become sleeeepers. Dinner becomes deener. :lol:

And the he, she, him, her switch...my God - somebody really got those mixed up a long time ago in the Philippines. I don't think she'll ever be cured of that one.

This topic reminds me of my brother-in-law in Bohol....he is really shy to speak english around me because he is afraid to make mistakes...until he broke out that bottle of Tanduay Rum....his english was better than mine, after a few rounds...or at least he thought it was hahaha :lol:

:lol:

i sometimes pronounced kisses as key-ses and chicken as chee-ken. and my fiance makes fun of me. but he said it sounds cute. lol

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sometimes pronounced kisses as key-ses and chicken as chee-ken. and my fiance makes fun of me. but he said it sounds cute. lol

just like the Ps replaced into Fs,example: petite pronounced fetite... :devil: hubby would say,oh you talking in english?or different language?i murmured something he dont understand and leave :blink::angry:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

just like the Ps replaced into Fs,example: petite pronounced fetite... :devil: hubby would say,oh you talking in english?or different language?i murmured something he dont understand and leave :blink::angry:

hahaha... i do the same thing with my man. but mostly i feel to "palo pwet until it get pula" (he knows what it means) and he would start to run away from me.

cause he knows i will do it to him! no doubts! :rofl:

Edited by ShaneJean

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

earlier today i was having problem pronouncing the SMOOTHIE... :blush: i asked my boss at work if we still have some SMOOTHIE POWDER, he said what is it that you need? LOL... I guess i say it this way the first time " SMOOTTY" haha and he said ahh a SMOOTHIE... and i said yes and burst out laughing...

i have problem with the his,her, she and him too occasionally, the more i stay focus on what i am going to say the more it gets my tongue confused LOL

2010.png

earlier today i was having problem pronouncing the SMOOTHIE... :blush: i asked my boss at work if we still have some SMOOTHIE POWDER, he said what is it that you need? LOL... I guess i say it this way the first time " SMOOTTY" haha and he said ahh a SMOOTHIE... and i said yes and burst out laughing...

i have problem with the his,her, she and him too occasionally, the more i stay focus on what i am going to say the more it gets my tongue confused LOL

Just like the word "thought" being pronounced tott? :devil:soo funny LOL

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

And the he, she, him, her switch...my God - somebody really got those mixed up a long time ago in the Philippines. I don't think she'll ever be cured of that one.

This topic reminds me of my brother-in-law in Bohol....he is really shy to speak english around me because he is afraid to make mistakes...until he broke out that bottle of Tanduay Rum....his english was better than mine, after a few rounds...or at least he thought it was hahaha :lol:

oh wow i do that too...like chicken as cheeken and swimming as sweemming and my husband always try to say it the way i say it...and he really emphasize the word i mispronounce...and he just laugh...

and sometimes i want to say things and i find it hard to explain i just say nothing..and instead just to it in action with sounds effects and then say something like that....hehehhehehe..

Edited by bmtrrbt

Timeline

i thought i am the only one with a twisted tongue sometimes. but that is one of the things our man love about us, our cute accent. :blush:

sometimes i replace key-ses with muah muahs!! and he tells me i do not know that. just to force me to say kisses on my own accent. oh well he finds it cute but sometimes makes fun of it and i give him wet willies and he would wrestle me. damn, i miss him. :crying:

:rofl:

I pronounce P as F. So, any words that begins with P, I murdered em all. :rofl:

Me: Hon, when you want me to pack?(I pronounced P as F.)

Spouse: When I want you to ...(in English language).

Me: I thought, we need clothes for out trip?....

He ended up.. :rofl:

Edited by sj5

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just like the word "thought" being pronounced tott? :devil:soo funny LOL

LOL, i think i can say thought very well but my tongue was really twisted earlier for the SMOOTHIE hahaha it was really funny.

2010.png

oh wow i do that too...like chicken as cheeken and swimming as sweemming and my husband always try to say it the way i say it...and he really emphasize the word i mispronounce...and he just laugh...

and sometimes i want to say things and i find it hard to explain i just say nothing..and instead just to it in action with sounds effects and then say something like that....hehehhehehe..

My husband laughs every time I say Shut Up.. He said, "it's cute." :blink: and then he :rofl: .

One thing that i could never ever forget was when I and my husband were arguing about something and finally i got a little bit irritated and filipinas would always say 'ewan ko sayo!' ... because he's an american, i translated it to English which was 'I DONT KNOW TO YOU!'.... He started to laugh and i laughed too cuz of the way he laughed.. End of war... :bonk:

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

One thing that i could never ever forget was when I and my husband were arguing about something and finally i got a little bit irritated and filipinas would always say 'ewan ko sayo!' ... because he's an american, i translated it to English which was 'I DONT KNOW TO YOU!'.... He started to laugh and i laughed too cuz of the way he laughed.. End of war... :bonk:

oh my gosh...i always say i dont know to you to my husband sometimes when he ask me something...and he just laugh...and i say whats funny and he just also say i dont know to you...you dont know to me but i know to you..

this is weird...i just love to make my own words...hhehhehehehe...i dont know to you guyz...hehheheheh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

that was funny!:) i think filipinos are shy by nature despite their abilities or skills whether in english speaking or something else:) Liquor makes wonder huh.

Just want to share what i learned from my Standard American English: Diction, Intonation and Enunciation Training from all the call centers i worked for. NCO (XBOX 360 Tech Support), DELL (Tech Support), Convergys (AT&T Tech Support) and the recent was KGB formerly INFONXX (Directory Assistance.. yeah we are those agents from the directory service 411). The recent job was fun cause i get to check the latest movies showing in the US. Got to know all business listings in the US, from different coffee shops to different telecom companies. Anyway, back to the purpose of posting this on board, 2 basic tips i learned from my previous trainings :D .

This is useless to me coz Im into asian movies like japanese, korean and chinese. My english suck but I do learn a basic of japanese, korean and chinese :D

funny thing is, most of the customer service i talk to were either from phil (80%) and or from india (15%) then the rest are US base... im not one of those irate customer. there's just one time incident were i know she's a filipina and i was so mad at her and i get so frustrated coz she wants something that i cannot provide, so instead of yelling or cursing, i just hang up on her. lol... and it was AT&T tech support hahah hope it wasnt you... lol... it was 2 yrs ago... i even ask one customer rep if she's a filipina and she hesitated and admitted that she is and we just laugh... im always surprised when i talk to some people here and for them to say whether if i went to school to learn english or how did i learn my english knowing i can understand and communicate with them :blink: i was like ammm i started learning english since i was a fetus? lol... no, i just tell them its our 2nd language blah blah and its all good.

:rofl::rofl:

there are people who try to learn speaking,talking or learning english still find it a hard time to do it...speak english fluently...lumalabas pa rin ang matigas na mga pronunciation of words..kahit nga mga pinoy na matagal na dito sa usa di pa rin masyadong marunong magsalita ng english..

di naman kasi masyadong important na maging fluent ka sa english and it depends on your job too...ang importante nakakapagsalita ka ng english at naiintindihan ka ng ibang tao...maraming taong fluent sa english pero nonsense naman ang sinasabi kaya useless din.

di naman lahat ng amerikano fluent sa english ah..minsan nga wrong grammar at spelling and minsan wrong pronunciation pa...di lang naman pinoy ang nagkakamali sa english pati rin yung countries na first language ay english...ehehhehe...

ang daming rules of english grammar ang pronunciation...best way to learn it is to study linguistics...hehehhehehe.. pero mas maganda talaga if you communicate to an english speaking person kung gusto mo maging slang speaking ka.hehehhehehe.

soo true "nod" "nod"

It's good to have the basic english grammar. It needs to have a good and correct foundation if you want to learn english better. Wrong usage of grammar leads to confusions and arguments especially in marriage life. Aside from studying it for your own good, you will be teaching your future kids too. Learning english is not hard. Just Read and read, and read... talk and talk and talk... listen and listen and listen...

Im a wide reader but still my english suck when I speak. Maybe because I read silently. :huh:

The truth regarding the English spoken language....... :devil:

The drunker you are... the better you speak....forget about the writing part....you really need few extra drinks to excel at that. :wacko:

But that is simply an opinion.... :no:

very true :D:D

i can relate to this. :D:D

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Speaking good english is my problem why I don't want to go school here for now, I worried I won't be able to communicate well to my classmates, and teachers. I can write and speak well to my husband but I am not confident to talk to other people..

April 25, 2008 Meet online

June 2[/i]8, 2008 He came to meet me.

June 29 Engagement

July 6 Sad day!! craig flight going back

July 15 K1 visa starts..send the petition CSC

July 24 check cash

July 25 Got our NOA1 hard copy.. yay!!

July 28 touch

Nov 9-14 Second visit..

Nov. 26 Approve online

Dec 2 case forward to USEM

Dec 3 got the NVC letter

Dec 18,22 Medical Exam.. PASSED!

Jan.13 Interview... PASSED!

Jan 15 Visa on hand!! soooooooo happy

Feb 5 Flight.....philippine time

Feb 5 Thanks God....wer happy together forever..

Feb 21....2009 Wedding

April, 2 2009 Applied AOS

April 28, Biometrics

April 29 Case transfered to CSC[/i][/b][/size]

May 28, 2009 EAD received

Aug. 11, 2009 Greencard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.