loving_gabriela

March 19 Interview at USEM PASSED!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing your story with us.

Our best wishes to you for the rest of your journey.

~ Tahoma & Chinook

thank you so much!!!!! VJ is such a big help to our journey and we would like to be of help to others too thru sharing our experiences:)

Thank sis for posting it... My interview will be on April 2.

yw guys! good luck to your interview:)

Congrats sis!!!

thanks guys!good luck on your interview :)

CONGRATULATIONS!

thank you so much!!!!!!

It's so nice to hear successful interview experiences like what you shared to us here in VJ and that keeps my stress away ha! Now you can really get ready to pack your things, shop & stroll around, enjoy precious moments w/ your family & friends, and eat whatever you will miss! Bon voyage girl!

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys!My apologies for the late report of my interview.I needed a rest after all the stress it gave me,i must say it was very draining. The good news is I am over it and I PASSED with flying colors :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I arrived at the embassy around 6am, my interview is at 7am. There was a long line outside waiting to get inside. It is not a first come first served basis. If you come early does not mean you will be finish early. Just be there an hour before your interview schedule.

Once you get inside the embassy, your things will be x-rayed. PLEASE do not bring your cellphones, ipod, or any electronic device/gadgets coz your entry will be denied. Better leave those at home or at your car. You will be directed to go to your specific area, mine is for K1, I took the LEFT WING and I asked the security officer which way should I go for fiancee visa. After left wing, i turned RIGHT and sitted at the blue chairs. There were staff checking on our documents. Prepare your DS 156,DS 156K and 157 together with your two IDs and you will be asked to fall in line for the TICKET BOOTH.Make sure you do not leave any blank on your forms, if your answer is NO then marked it, if it is not applicable put N/A. You should also fill up the question " How Long Do You Intend To Stay In The U.S.?" If you are on K1 visa, write PERMANENTLY. A ticket will be given which you will use for the step by step procedure inside the embassy. The first in line is the FINGER SCANNING. Your names will be called. Fingers should be dry or else it will take long for your fingers to be scanned. After the scanning, will be the PRESCREENING. I decided to go at the washroom first while waiting for my number to flashed for the PRESCREENER INTERVIEW, I was shocked when I hear my name being called. lol. Names are not called for prescreening unless your number flashed a couple of times and you did not appear at the window assigned to you.Gosh! It was so embarrassing. When i heard my name from the washroom, I was in a rush going to Window 17. The prescreeners are all Filipinos. The lady reprimanded me for not paying attention hahahaha. She have no idea I was at the washroom checking on my hair and make up hahahaha.Anyway I was so apologetic of course. LESSON LEARNED: "do not go to the washroom once you have the ticket" Any moment your number will be flashed at the queuing board.

PRESCREENER INTERVIEW:

1. WHO IS YOUR PETITIONER?

2.WHERE DID YOU MEET?

3.WHEN DID YOU MEET?

4.HAVE YOU/FIANCE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE?

5.WHAT IS YOUR FIANCE'S WORK?

That's it. Very easy right? As long as you know your fiance/fiancee well, there wont be a problem. After the prescreening, i have to wait for my number to be flashed again. This time took so longgggggg...the nerves was up to my throat. I kept reminding myself " it will be fine..."A part of you just want to finish it asap and part of you wants to back out hahahaha. Finally my number flashed, 7013 at room 28. OMG! this is it!!!!!!!!! I waited for my turn...and then my freaking turn is now..................

CONSUL INTERVIEW: The consul was very pleasant. He said good morning, was even teasing me " hi mrs.smith!" hahaha, i am not Daniel Smith beau. lol.

1. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

2.HAVE YOU MET IN PERSON?

3.WHEN DID YOU MEET?

4.WHERE DID YOU MEET?

5.sooooo you are a Professor, you have your Masters Degree, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO MARRY HIM? ( this one is unexpected question for me but I was able to answer it and he was impressed)

After the interrogation, he was apologetic saying " im sorry i have to ask you these questions,this is part of the interview process..." .:) The good thing is he APPROVED MY VISA. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Thank GOD!Thank you St.Anthony! :) What a relief!!!!!!!

The consul interview only took 5mins:) He said " i see no problem in your application....please proceed at the waiting area, welcome to America!

You have to wait for your number to flash again, I proceeded at window 35 or 37 and was given instruction, need to pay for the courier for the delivery of visa. Paid 215 pesos at Air 21 and went home! That's it!

I hope this post will help other VJ members who are waiting for their interview. I know how stressful it could be, sleepless nights, you get paranoid, you have all these questions in mind, the " what if..." What helped me in this journey is the FAITH we have in our relationship. We believed that God has reasons why he brought us together and He will not turn us down.Prayers keep us going. Joseph and I can't explain how joyful and grateful we are. We will just wait for my visa and have to attend the CFO seminar and gotta be ready to fly anytime next week. :yes:

Good luck to you guys! Keep the FAITH.

Thank you to all who helped us in this k1 journey...without VJ, oh my, i dunno what will happen...this site is a tremendous HELP to us.

Congrats dylananddouglas, kevinandlecy,lovingpaul....we have same sched of interview and we all made it:) isn't that wonderful!

josephlovesjeel

wow ang swerte mo naman congratz...sana ganyan din kabilis sa kin ... were just waiting for the NOA2 now...

Congratz!! :star::star::star:

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate :Manila, Philipines

Marriage :2007-05-17

USCIS

2008-09-16 : I-130 Sent(VSC)

2008-09-30 : NOA1

2008-12-23 : I-130 transferred to California Service Center

2009-01-14 : I-130 NOA2 Approved (I-130 was approved in 106 days from NOA1 date)

NVC

2009-01-21 : NVC Received and Case # Assigned

2009-01-27 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated at NVC

2009-02-06 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28: AOS bill Received via mail

2009-02-02 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-01-27 : DS-3032 sent

2009-02-04 : AOS bill Shows PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-12 : DS-3032 Received by NVC

2009-03-04: AOS package sent to NVC

2009-03-09 : AOS package received by NVC

2009-02-12 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2009-03-09 : AOS entered into NVC system

2009-02-13 : IV bill invoiced

2009-02-17 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-03-04 : DS-230 sent to NVC

2009-03-13 : DS-230 entered into NVC system

2009-03-13: RFE (hubby's I-864, and Wifey'z NBI)

2009-03-24: case complete (live operator&AVR)

USEM

2009-04-21 : Case Forwarded to USEM, Manila

2009-04-22&24 : Medical PASSED

2009-05-20 : Interview at Embassy ViSA APPROVED :D

2009-05-22: ViSA RECEiVED

2009-05-29: POE JFK, NEW YORK =]

GREENCARD

2009-06-10: Welcome Letter Received

2009-06-20: 2nd Welcome Letter Received

2009-07-01: 2rys GreenCrad Received (on my birthday)

2009-07-20: Green Card return at USCIS for expiration correction (am illigible for 10yrs GC)

2009-07-29: I-90 receipt received

2009-08-21: I-90 Approval Received

2009-09-01: 10years GC received

congrats. :thumbs:

I guess parang nabunutan ka ng tinik after the interview right? :D

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

congratulations!

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys!My apologies for the late report of my interview.I needed a rest after all the stress it gave me,i must say it was very draining. The good news is I am over it and I PASSED with flying colors :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I arrived at the embassy around 6am, my interview is at 7am. There was a long line outside waiting to get inside. It is not a first come first served basis. If you come early does not mean you will be finish early. Just be there an hour before your interview schedule.

Once you get inside the embassy, your things will be x-rayed. PLEASE do not bring your cellphones, ipod, or any electronic device/gadgets coz your entry will be denied. Better leave those at home or at your car. You will be directed to go to your specific area, mine is for K1, I took the LEFT WING and I asked the security officer which way should I go for fiancee visa. After left wing, i turned RIGHT and sitted at the blue chairs. There were staff checking on our documents. Prepare your DS 156,DS 156K and 157 together with your two IDs and you will be asked to fall in line for the TICKET BOOTH.Make sure you do not leave any blank on your forms, if your answer is NO then marked it, if it is not applicable put N/A. You should also fill up the question " How Long Do You Intend To Stay In The U.S.?" If you are on K1 visa, write PERMANENTLY. A ticket will be given which you will use for the step by step procedure inside the embassy. The first in line is the FINGER SCANNING. Your names will be called. Fingers should be dry or else it will take long for your fingers to be scanned. After the scanning, will be the PRESCREENING. I decided to go at the washroom first while waiting for my number to flashed for the PRESCREENER INTERVIEW, I was shocked when I hear my name being called. lol. Names are not called for prescreening unless your number flashed a couple of times and you did not appear at the window assigned to you.Gosh! It was so embarrassing. When i heard my name from the washroom, I was in a rush going to Window 17. The prescreeners are all Filipinos. The lady reprimanded me for not paying attention hahahaha. She have no idea I was at the washroom checking on my hair and make up hahahaha.Anyway I was so apologetic of course. LESSON LEARNED: "do not go to the washroom once you have the ticket" Any moment your number will be flashed at the queuing board.

PRESCREENER INTERVIEW:

1. WHO IS YOUR PETITIONER?

2.WHERE DID YOU MEET?

3.WHEN DID YOU MEET?

4.HAVE YOU/FIANCE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE?

5.WHAT IS YOUR FIANCE'S WORK?

That's it. Very easy right? As long as you know your fiance/fiancee well, there wont be a problem. After the prescreening, i have to wait for my number to be flashed again. This time took so longgggggg...the nerves was up to my throat. I kept reminding myself " it will be fine..."A part of you just want to finish it asap and part of you wants to back out hahahaha. Finally my number flashed, 7013 at room 28. OMG! this is it!!!!!!!!! I waited for my turn...and then my freaking turn is now..................

CONSUL INTERVIEW: The consul was very pleasant. He said good morning, was even teasing me " hi mrs.smith!" hahaha, i am not Daniel Smith beau. lol.

1. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?

2.HAVE YOU MET IN PERSON?

3.WHEN DID YOU MEET?

4.WHERE DID YOU MEET?

5.sooooo you are a Professor, you have your Masters Degree, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO MARRY HIM? ( this one is unexpected question for me but I was able to answer it and he was impressed)

After the interrogation, he was apologetic saying " im sorry i have to ask you these questions,this is part of the interview process..." .:) The good thing is he APPROVED MY VISA. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Thank GOD!Thank you St.Anthony! :) What a relief!!!!!!!

The consul interview only took 5mins:) He said " i see no problem in your application....please proceed at the waiting area, welcome to America!

You have to wait for your number to flash again, I proceeded at window 35 or 37 and was given instruction, need to pay for the courier for the delivery of visa. Paid 215 pesos at Air 21 and went home! That's it!

I hope this post will help other VJ members who are waiting for their interview. I know how stressful it could be, sleepless nights, you get paranoid, you have all these questions in mind, the " what if..." What helped me in this journey is the FAITH we have in our relationship. We believed that God has reasons why he brought us together and He will not turn us down.Prayers keep us going. Joseph and I can't explain how joyful and grateful we are. We will just wait for my visa and have to attend the CFO seminar and gotta be ready to fly anytime next week. :yes:

Good luck to you guys! Keep the FAITH.

Thank you to all who helped us in this k1 journey...without VJ, oh my, i dunno what will happen...this site is a tremendous HELP to us.

Congrats dylananddouglas, kevinandlecy,lovingpaul....we have same sched of interview and we all made it:) isn't that wonderful!

josephlovesjeel

galing naman....

congratz....

Yngat..God bless You... :star::star:

USCIS

06-15-2009—————filing of I-I30 REFILE

06-19-2009—————NOA1

06-25-2009—————touched

09-08-2009—————NOA2 BY EMAIL

09-11-2009---------HARD COPY NOA2 RECEIVED

GOD IS GOOD…THANKS TO ALL VJ'rs ADVISED AND ENCOURAGEMENT

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

09-18-2009—————CASE ARRIVED AT NVC

09-21-2009—————CASE # ASSIGNED MNLXXXXXXXXX THRU PHONE

09-21-2009--------SEND DS3230 AND AOS FEE TO PETITIONER

09-25-2009-------- HUBBY RECEIVED DS3230 AND AOS BILL 70$

09-25-2009---------PAY AOS BILL ONLINE

09-28-2009---------AOS FEE BILL PAID…PRINTED COVERSHEET

09-29-2009---------BENEFICIARY RECEIVED DS3230 THRU EMAIL

09-29-2009---------EMAILED DS3230

09-30-2009 --------SENT DS3230 THRU LBC

10-07-2009---------IV FEE BILL RECEIVED THRU EMAIL

10-07-2009---------IV fee bill pay online

10-08-2009---------IV Fee Bill paid… (tym to print)

10-09-2009---------HUSBAND CALL FOR WORK (rehired) YIPPPEEE

10-26-2009---------sent AOS package and documents

10-28-2009---------sent DS230 THRU LBC

11-13-2009---------signed IN FAILED 7:20 pm Phils. tym!!!

11-16-2009---------CASE COMPLETED accrd. AVR

11-28-2009----------called NVC for schedule of interview (just try) and operator said JANUARY 05, 2010 6:30 am

same date,,got my appointment letter thru email..8:30 pm Phils. tym

12-02-09 to 12-03-2009 medical exam passed!!

01-05-2010-----------interview date

visa approved!!!

01-08-2010----------- VISA RECEIVED 9:45 am via AIR21

01-13-2010----------cfo at katipunan...

01-19-2010----------ARRIVED AT SFO TO SAN JOSE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.