tata78

baptismal certificate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys!i am an august filer at califonia service center and after 7 months of waiting the uscis approved the petition last march 6, 2009...just recently.the annoying thing is that during that course of time, my lawyer did the follow-up but then they said they have not processed the petition yet.she requested to expedite my case.on march 10, the california service center emailed her saying that my case can't be decided yet because it's under investigation.my frustration adn depression went high even more.but on march 11, she received an email and my fiance also received a hard copy of the approval notice (NOA2).i just can't believe how unsystematic they are.now my fiance called the nvc and asked for the case number.he was given a case number yet the operator said it's not forwarded to manila yet because it's still under investigation at washington dc (background check).how long does this normally take?

my second concern is about the baptismal certificate.i learned that some were asked of this.i was a catholic but now a christian convert and was baptized just last year.will my recent baptismal certificate do?or should it be the one from the catholic church when i was still months old?please guys i need some enlightening here.

God bless you all!

Proverbs 3:5-6

"trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean on not your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make straight your paths"

Filed: Timeline

The baptismal certificate is secondary evidence to support a birth certificate. Other secondary evidence would include birth announcements and medical records, as well as school records. It all depends whether or not there is some question as to the authenticity of the birth certificate provided during the visa interview. My wife had a late registered BC, and they asked her questions about it, but did not ask for any secondary evidence. I understand now that sometimes the CO will request documents directly from the NSO and NBI, and that can cause some delay.

hello guys!i am an august filer at califonia service center and after 7 months of waiting the uscis approved the petition last march 6, 2009...just recently.the annoying thing is that during that course of time, my lawyer did the follow-up but then they said they have not processed the petition yet.she requested to expedite my case.on march 10, the california service center emailed her saying that my case can't be decided yet because it's under investigation.my frustration adn depression went high even more.but on march 11, she received an email and my fiance also received a hard copy of the approval notice (NOA2).i just can't believe how unsystematic they are.now my fiance called the nvc and asked for the case number.he was given a case number yet the operator said it's not forwarded to manila yet because it's still under investigation at washington dc (background check).how long does this normally take?

MINE,TOOK 2 DAYS IN THE NVC,AND 6 DAYS AFTER USEM GOT THE CASE..

my second concern is about the baptismal certificate.i learned that some were asked of this.i was a catholic but now a christian convert and was baptized just last year.will my recent baptismal certificate do?or should it be the one from the catholic church when i was still months old?please guys i need some enlightening here.

I DONT THINK BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED?FIRST TIME I HEARD.,BUT FOR THE ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFO,WHY NOT..!!

God bless you all!

Proverbs 3:5-6

"trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean on not your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make straight your paths"

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.