Ohio_hunter

Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage??

2 posts in this topic

So I forgot to include the " Evidence of a Boni fide Marriage " in my I-130 petition.

I am just wondering is there a format for Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship !

I also have a statement from my insurance agent that my wife is included in my health policy, and a VOID check with both our name on it...anything else I should get??

american-flag-2a.jpg

So I forgot to include the " Evidence of a Boni fide Marriage " in my I-130 petition.

I am just wondering is there a format for Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship !

I also have a statement from my insurance agent that my wife is included in my health policy, and a VOID check with both our name on it...anything else I should get??

here's an example

BEFORE THE UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

#A123456789

IN RE: JOINT PETITION OF

JOHN AND JANE SMITH TO

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON

RESIDENCE OF JANE SMITH

/

AFFIDAVIT OF BUDDY O’MINE

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared BUDDY O’MINE who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon his oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is Buddy O’Mine. I live at 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA. I was born in Anytown, USA on July 4, 1976. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. I have been a close personal friend of John Smith since he was twelve years old. He met Jane Jones when he traveled to London, England with me in August 2002.

3. [Additional information regarding personal knowledge of marriage/relationship]

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT

BUDDY O’MINE

STATE OF _____________ )

) ss.:

COUNTY OF ____________ )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _________, 2007, by BUDDY O’MINE, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced _____________________________ as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

[NOTARIAL SEAL] Print Name:

Notary Public, State of

My commission expires:

Joint ownership (mortgage/rental), more bank account info (not just the check, statements), anything else you feel shows the marriage.

oh - the quoted form was found doing a search on this forum... :reading:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.