Laurence+Lauren

My Interview - Not So Bad After All!

25 posts in this topic

I know honey, thank god I checked it, dont know what would happen if I had not does not bear thinking about getting to the States and being turned back coz they put the wrong number on it!!!

How are you sweetie, still hanging in there

x

Ditto to that to Dairyfarmer, we're all thinking of you -- and Shaz, if that were me, I might have overlooked it! I didn't realise the mispelling of my name on my police certificate until recently, and thankfully, they corrected it and sent me a new one. They can get this drastically wrong too, even if you did everything right to the letter. It's easy to forget that they're human too, I find.

Magpie.

It will be fine I have till the 11th May to sort it out so no panics at the moment just a royal pain the ####### hahahah

It will be fine I have till the 11th May to sort it out so no panics at the moment just a royal pain the ####### hahahah

:angry: :angry:

That's crazy - there should be checks in place to make sure that doesn't happen - scan visa before they stick it in your passport, make sure it matches, have a supervisor look it over, etc...

You'll probably have to pay the SMS cowboys again though :( they're gonna want paying to transport your passport there and back and the embassy aren't going to want to cough up :(

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

:angry: :angry:

That's crazy - there should be checks in place to make sure that doesn't happen - scan visa before they stick it in your passport, make sure it matches, have a supervisor look it over, etc...

You'll probably have to pay the SMS cowboys again though :( they're gonna want paying to transport your passport there and back and the embassy aren't going to want to cough up :(

Tell me about it, anyone else I and I would kick up a stink about it, if I have to pay I will but I wont be happy about it, and I think if they pick up from you and redeliver it is £22 not sure though, I will let you know.........dont see why I should pay for their mistake, not a happy bunny!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Tell me about it, anyone else I and I would kick up a stink about it, if I have to pay I will but I wont be happy about it, and I think if they pick up from you and redeliver it is £22 not sure though, I will let you know.........dont see why I should pay for their mistake, not a happy bunny!!!!!

I hate stuff like this. If it's your own mistake, fair enough. You can kick yourself and you know it's just because you had a 'blonde moment' or something like that. But when someone whose JOB it is screws it all up for you, it just makes me angry. For many of us this is the most important thing we'll do with our lives. But I guess mistakes will happen regardless.

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

May 2007 - I booked tickets to go see Lauren in AL in November '07

June 2007 - Decided to date online

September 2007 - Fell in love!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

April 2008 - Lauren came to stay with me in England for a week!

May 5th 2008 - Mailed our K-1 application

July 31st 2008 - FINALLY received NOA1 (letter)

November 20th 2008 - Visited Lauren in AL for her birthday =D

January 21st 2009 - Received our NOA2 (letter)

February 6th 2009 - Received Packet 3

February 9th 2009 - Sent off Packet 3

February 20th 2009 - Medical

March 5th 2009 - Received Packet 4

March 12th 2009 - Interview - missing co-sponsor I-134 and tax returns! D'oh!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

March 23rd 2009 - Passport returned WITH VISA!

April 9th 2009 - Flying to Alabama

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Read My Interview Review here

I hate stuff like this. If it's your own mistake, fair enough. You can kick yourself and you know it's just because you had a 'blonde moment' or something like that. But when someone whose JOB it is screws it all up for you, it just makes me angry. For many of us this is the most important thing we'll do with our lives. But I guess mistakes will happen regardless.

Well hopefully I will hear back from the Embassy Tomorrow, dont want to wait 4 days for the reply, or call the £1.20 a min extortion line again

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

For the sake of completeness, I will add the end result here.

Lauren sent me the required documents (co-sponsor I-134 plus tax returns) via a very fast FedEx service - she sent them Friday (April 13th), I got them Monday (April 16th). I rang SMS and go tthem to collect the stuff, along with my passport on the Tuesday (April 17th). I paid extra for the 'Before 12' service, cost me about £36, and they kept me waiting all morning till 11:45am! (My work opens at 07:30) On Friday (20th) I got a text to say that my documents were ready and would be returned to me on Monday April 23rd (today).

AGAIN they kept me waiting till 11:45am! I was the most nervous man on the PLANET. But finally the courier arrived, same guy as the first time, and I signed for my package.

Inside was a big thick envelope, bigger than an A4 sheet of paper, marked 'TO BE OPENED ONLY BY THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION OR PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE OFFICER. This is your Visa. It must be surrendered to the United STates Immigration Officer at Port of Entry into the United States. DO NOT PACK IT - IT MUST BE HAND CARRIED'

I had a blonde moment (despite being dark-haired) and thought my passport was inside the envelope. I didn't open it (thank f#~k) but I threw my passport in the trash as it was still inside the couriers' packaging! D'oh! I soon fished that out...

Anyways, a happy ending! Now Lauren and I are looking forward to April 9th when we can FINALLY put an end to all this waiting!

Sep/Oct 2006 - We met online randomly, courtesy of Google and Myspace! Became best friends very quickly!

November 2007 - I flew to Alabama to meet Lauren for the first time. We spent a PERFECT week together!

March 17th 2009 - Sent off missing forms and passport to US Embassy via SMS courier

UK/N.Ireland Visa Filers - Do you have the NEW ACPO Police Record Certificate? Click Here (VJ Thread) To Learn More! (The old Subject Access Statement won't do any more!)

Wow in your excitement you moved the calender a month in advance.

Congrats :D

Lauren sent me the required documents (co-sponsor I-134 plus tax returns) via a very fast FedEx service - she sent them Friday (April 13th), I got them Monday (April 16th). I rang SMS and go tthem to collect the stuff, along with my passport on the Tuesday (April 17th). I paid extra for the 'Before 12' service, cost me about £36, and they kept me waiting all morning till 11:45am! (My work opens at 07:30) On Friday (20th) I got a text to say that my documents were ready and would be returned to me on Monday April 23rd (today).

AGAIN they kept me waiting till 11:45am! I was the most nervous man on the PLANET. But finally the courier arrived, same guy as the first time, and I signed for my package.

Inside was a big thick envelope, bigger than an A4 sheet of paper, marked 'TO BE OPENED ONLY BY THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION OR PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE OFFICER. This is your Visa. It must be surrendered to the United STates Immigration Officer at Port of Entry into the United States. DO NOT PACK IT - IT MUST BE HAND CARRIED'

I had a blonde moment (despite being dark-haired) and thought my passport was inside the envelope. I didn't open it (thank f#~k) but I threw my passport in the trash as it was still inside the couriers' packaging! D'oh! I soon fished that out...

Anyways, a happy ending! Now Lauren and I are looking forward to April 9th when we can FINALLY put an end to all this waiting!

Congratulations

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

I didn't open it (thank f#~k)

awww....cursewords. <3.

good for you, im glad its pretty much over for you guys. lots of luck!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline
Wow in your excitement you moved the calender a month in advance.

Congrats :D

Hahaha! I totally did! I'm such a dufus! That's a combination of excitement and tiredness! Ugh. I need more sleep!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.