pars3221

Need Help Regarding Traveling while on a CR1 Visa

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife has a CR1 Visa (She has her green card) and it expires on 2008. My question is can she travel outside the US? How long can she stay outside US? She wants to go back and stay with her family for about a month or two and I just want to make sure its ok to do that. Also we are going on vacation for a week and same thing.

I have called USCIS and they refered me to state deparment which again refered me back to USCIS. Basically no one can give me a clear answer.

Thank you all for your help!

Filed: Other Timeline

she is a legal permenant resident of the US, she can travel freely as much as she'd like. A one month stay in her home country should not negatively affect her status at all.

Have fun travelling! :yes:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

My wife has a CR1 Visa (She has her green card) and it expires on 2008. My question is can she travel outside the US? How long can she stay outside US? She wants to go back and stay with her family for about a month or two and I just want to make sure its ok to do that. Also we are going on vacation for a week and same thing.

I have called USCIS and they refered me to state deparment which again refered me back to USCIS. Basically no one can give me a clear answer.

Thank you all for your help!

Your wife no longer has a "visa". She is a Permanent Resident. She (and you) should fully understand her rights AND responsibilities while she is in this status. This will be her status until she becomes a US citizen or leaves the US permanently.

This is VERY Important stuff!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Welcome to the United States:

A Guide for New Immigrants

http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.