krystiandjon

Canceling K1 petition, filing CR1 or DCF later

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I are starting to make preliminary plans in case our petition is not approved by this summer. If we wish to cancel our K1 petition, move to his home country, get married and live there while either filing CR1 or waiting and filing directly with the consulate, how do we ensure that the K1 will be properly canceled?

I've read of instances where the petition is approved and then the visa denied at the consulate and then the couple getting married and then at some point the USCIS determines that they "misrepresented" themselves or something like that?

Is this something we should be concerned about?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can withdraw the petition by sending a letter to the USCIS (perhaps notarized and/or certified mail). I would be sure to include a letter addressing 'why' since you do plan on filing another.

Just remember whatever is holding you up at this stage could very well hold you up if you file for a spousal visa too.

I'm sorry it's taking so long. I hope you hear something soon.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.