Rocky_nBullwinkle

A little something about the place where you live

36 posts in this topic

Senorita Teresita asked about your home town. Why don't you tell us about your neighborhood or the place where you live?

We live in Forestville, a small unincorporated town in Sonoma County located in northern California, a good 70 miles from the Golden Gate bridge. If Napa California claims that it is the wine capital of the world, Sonoma makes the best wines in the world. In fact, Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates, (Fulton Road, CA) sent two cases of the winery's chardonnay to President-elect Barack Obama as a congratulatory gesture in Nov. 6. A recent story in People magazine profiling the family life of then-candidate, now President-elect Barack Obama mentioned that a bottle of Kendall-Jackson chardonnay sat on the Obamas’ kitchen countertop. It seemed only fitting that the California winemaker send a few congratulatory cases of the brand to the incoming President for his new wine cellar on Pennsylvania Avenue.

My favorite are the giant Sequoia (Redwood) trees and they can be found in Sonoma County. These gigantic trees are breathtaking and not to mention the Russian River which extends from Sonoma County to Mendocino County. Come to Sonoma and experience free wine tours and wine tasting.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in south east Santa Ana, unfortunately a bit close to South Coast Plaza Mall :unsure: Claudeth loves to shop :unsure: I work in downtown Santa Ana which is about 3 miles from home. It is pleasant here year round. I play golf on Saturdays a lot and we go to the swapmeet at the Orange County fair grounds.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

We live on Long Island New York, Suffolk county about 60 miles east of NYC on the South Shore of the Island. We can walk to the bay beach here and swim in the summer. We live in a 1 bedroom cottage that used to be a summer house and it used to have no heat. We can drive or take the train to NYC (takes about 1 1/2 hour ) from our house so we can go there when we have time to enjoy all the sights and everything in Manhattan. In the summer we can go to the Hamptons (about 40 min drive give or take) and check out all the movie stars and rappers there LOL , also Martha Stewart. We also can go to Fire Island , Ocean Beach another summer hot spot by boat or ferry.

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We live in foster city, san mateo CA.

Senorita Teresita asked about your home town. Why don't you tell us about your neighborhood or the place where you live?

We live in Forestville, a small unincorporated town in Sonoma County located in northern California, a good 70 miles from the Golden Gate bridge. If Napa California claims that it is the wine capital of the world, Sonoma makes the best wines in the world. In fact, Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates, (Fulton Road, CA) sent two cases of the winery's chardonnay to President-elect Barack Obama as a congratulatory gesture in Nov. 6. A recent story in People magazine profiling the family life of then-candidate, now President-elect Barack Obama mentioned that a bottle of Kendall-Jackson chardonnay sat on the Obamas’ kitchen countertop. It seemed only fitting that the California winemaker send a few congratulatory cases of the brand to the incoming President for his new wine cellar on Pennsylvania Avenue.

My favorite are the giant Sequoia (Redwood) trees and they can be found in Sonoma County. These gigantic trees are breathtaking and not to mention the Russian River which extends from Sonoma County to Mendocino County. Come to Sonoma and experience free wine tours and wine tasting.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Timeline

Me and my wife live on Kauai. It is one on the 9 main Islands in the 50TH STATE IN THE USA. My wife loves it here, she says it is like she never left PI. The only difference here is that it is so expensive.

Thank you guys for the reply. Appreciate it. We take pride in our new home. I have fun reading the replies here. Anybody else?

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am from the west Texas town of El Paso, where long ago I heard the story of a Texas cowboy and a Mexican girl named Felina and a little place called Rosa’s Cantina. The singer sang about a jealous cowboy and the way he used a gun to kill another cowboy who flirted with Felina at Rosa’s Cantina. Then the cowboy left and rode away but his love for Felina was so strong that he rode back just to die in that El Paso sand.

El Paso City, by the Rio Grande. Could it be that I’m the cowboy in that mystery who died in the desert sand so long ago? Maybe not, because my love, Pilar, is somewhere there in Davao and soon to be joining me here in El Paso.

tex-mex.jpg

Live in Mount Laurel New Jersey.. Nothing much interesting place that i know of close here aside of the long island beach..... like 45 mins drive, and YEAH philadelphia.. very interesting city :-)

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Live in Mount Laurel New Jersey.. Nothing much interesting place that i know of close here aside of the long island beach..... like 45 mins drive, and YEAH philadelphia.. very interesting city :-)

...... :wacko: Was confused with my reply..... lol whatever.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am from Savannah, Georgia, the South's most beautiful historic city!

For a little history of Savannah - On February 12, 1733, General James Oglethorpe and his settlers landed at Yamacraw Bluff and were greeted by Tomo-Chi-Chi, the Yamacraws, and Indian traders John and Mary Musgrove. The city of Savannah was founded on that date, along with the colony of Georgia. In 1751, Savannah and the rest of Georgia became an English Royal Colony and Savannah was made the colonial capital of Georgia.

Savannah is famous for its southern charm and hospitality; for example, the city's former promotional name was "Hostess City of the South," a phrase still used by the city government. Each year, Savannah attracts millions of visitors from across the country and around the world. And for this, the South shall rise again!

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Me and my wife live on Kauai. It is one on the 9 main Islands in the 50TH STATE IN THE USA. My wife loves it here, she says it is like she never left PI. The only difference here is that it is so expensive.

No 25 peso beers in Hawaii that is for sure. I love Kauai, its a very beautiful island.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
We live in south east Santa Ana, unfortunately a bit close to South Coast Plaza Mall :unsure: Claudeth loves to shop :unsure: I work in downtown Santa Ana which is about 3 miles from home. It is pleasant here year round. I play golf on Saturdays a lot and we go to the swapmeet at the Orange County fair grounds.

Yeah no cheap beer. You also live in an area with a big Filipino population? :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah no cheap beer. You also live in an area with a big Filipino population? :thumbs:

I've been to Santa Ana before and I think there ain't too many Filipinos there. Hispanics are aplenty, though, for sure. Jasman, I've played golf there in Santa Ana where some of the fairways are in the riverbed. Forgot the name of the course. Riverwalk GC or Riverside GC, maybe?

Edited by Robert E Lee

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Hello everyone!

I am here in Rhode Island, the smallest state of USA but I lived in Massachusetts first. Not been to so many places in this state yet. I've lived in California also and been to New York and New Jersey to visit. I will post more about Rhode Island when my two boys are here so we can go around the state.

I am happy to be part of Visa Journey.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in Corona, Calif., a bedroom community in Riverside County. It’s the “Crown City” and was the lemon capital of California, before people from nearby Orange and Los Angeles counties flocked into town in groves and homes sprouted all over the areas where citrus trees used to grow.

Today, Corona is regarded as the Beverly Hills of Riverside County, but not because its residents have extra large wallets and palatial homes like the stars and tycoons who dwell along Sunset Boulevard and Rodeo Drive. But, it is because the per capita income in Corona is the highest in Riverside Co.

Corona is the ideal place for non-spectator sports. There are 8 golf courses within the city limits and one of them, Cresta Verde GC, where yours truly is a humble member, is just a driver, a 3-wood and a 9-iron away from my house. Freshwater fishing also beckons here, with trophy sized rainbow trout, catfish and crappie being reeled off regularly from Corona Lake.

Before we moved here 12 years ago, we have lived in various places such as Union City, Calif., a Filipino stomping ground in the Bay Area; Euless, Tex., a little town in the Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex; Tallahassee, Fla., where I picked up a little Southern vocabulary; and Chula Vista, Calif., a town just 6 miles north of the Mexican border.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.