alienlovechild

pinay..be counted in this thread

158 posts in this topic

hello... i'm new here in VJ and i haven't entered the US yet.

well, yea, i am a licensed chemical engineer and i deserve to be counted. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I'm also a licensed chemical engineer. Our license in the philippines does not count here.

Dont want to give a negative impression on you but be prepared and dont set your expectation to high. :unsure:

yea... i do know that it doesn't count there that's why i'm not renewing my license anymore... :no:

and i'm quite prepared to start from the bottom of my career ladder all over again... :yes:

my bebe is also supportive and i told him that if we could afford it, i'll try to get the requirements so i can get the exams for engineering and be better equipped.

but hey, where are you now? where do you work?

I'm here in Arizona. Still waiting for my work permit. I'm reviewing for a professional certification right now. The certification is recognized here in the US :)

Most of my engineering friends are taking their masters and PhDs here, some in scholarship, others from their own pocket. Some got a job here after schooling. :)

With your plan, you are in the right track. San ka dito sa US?

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, yea, i am a licensed chemical engineer and i deserve to be counted. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I'm also a licensed chemical engineer. Our license in the philippines does not count here.

Dont want to give a negative impression on you but be prepared and dont set your expectation to high. :unsure:

yea... i do know that it doesn't count there that's why i'm not renewing my license anymore... :no:

and i'm quite prepared to start from the bottom of my career ladder all over again... :yes:

my bebe is also supportive and i told him that if we could afford it, i'll try to get the requirements so i can get the exams for engineering and be better equipped.

I'm here in Arizona. Still waiting for my work permit. I'm reviewing for a professional certification right now. The certification is recognized here in the US :)

Most of my engineering friends are taking their masters and PhDs here, some in scholarship, others from their own pocket. Some got a job here after schooling. :)

not there yet but my bebe will be going here next month to pick me up. :blush: we'll be living in Longmont, Colorado.

when do you plan to take the exam for professional certification? where are you reviewing?

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

No matter what you've finished back in Philippines as Filipinos we will always be categorized as 2nd or 3rd class citizens here in US since we came from a poor country and that is the truth. :( Peace! (L)(F) I'm a college drop-out and am not embarrass about that.Worked in Taiwan as factory worker,finished my contract went back to Philippines, enrolled in culinary school, met my husband the rest is history...I'm proud of the many pinoys who were very successful not just here in US but in many other countries as well. :thumbs:

I'm not ashamed being from third country. Our public schools in Philippines are not good as American public schools. In Philippines, you have to buy everything if your parents aren't interested to educate you then you're screwed.I accomplished my grade school and high school diplomas on my own sweat and tears. I was a working student in Cebu City as a tendera(retail and wholesale store). My four years high school were challenging. I worked 12 to 16 hours a day and study at night time. When my employer said, "You'd have to missed your class today." Then I had too. I frustrated every time I missed my school day. They would threatened to fire me if I compelled regarding my performance at school."As a working student, your attendance should be exempted." My employer said. Long short story, after 4 years worked, I graduated in high school. However, here in US, some students are so whiny. They don't appreciate what they have. If I was born in US, I probably finished any four year degree. Then I could pay back the tax payers for sending me to school. :hehe: Anyway, I don't really care about grumpy people from First World because its just coincidence that I'm not an American or a Marsian from mars :lol: but I have good common sense like everybody else. I speak 3 Filipino dialects fluently.

On the other hand, my husband knew about my dreams that I want to pursue my education(dreams). My child was just 3 years old when we immigrated here in US so I didn't go to school right away, I stayed at home as full time mother and wife. Also, I was willing to give up my dreams for my husband so I would not scare my husband(some man doesn't want a busy woman)although he agreed. He deliberately told me that he wants me to achieved my ambition.

Both of my parents are responsible but when my mother died, my father became ferocious and irresponsible.Long short story, even though I had lost both of my parents, I survive and never take any illegal narcotics. I never wanted to make other people to sorry for me because of my family tragedy. In fact, I didn't really like to tell anyone about my parents otherwise I drop my tears. But now I don't mind to share half of my past experience. Imagine a 10 years old girl

sat on their front door and fall asleep while waiting for her mother to come home.

On April 01, 2009 is my mother's 18th death Anniversary.

Okay drama is over. :rofl:

I'm just exercising online.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Appreciate it. Good things come to those who patiently wait. My dad was so mean to us (his children) too. He has a different view about life especially in the Philippines. But when all of his children migrated to the United States, he has changed a lot. Very funny huh!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

not there yet but my bebe will be going here next month to pick me up. :blush: we'll be living in Longmont, Colorado.

when do you plan to take the exam for professional certification? where are you reviewing?

It has a testing center here in Arizona. I did my review from Ateneo, Makati. I'm using skillsoft for my online review now. Plan to take the exam ASAP.

If you plan to take masters here, you can take GRE and Teofl. Then apply for scholarship.

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

It has a testing center here in Arizona. I did my review from Ateneo, Makati. I'm using skillsoft for my online review now. Plan to take the exam ASAP.

If you plan to take masters here, you can take GRE and Teofl. Then apply for scholarship.

Thanks for the info.

And God Bless on your exam.

:)

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

No matter what you've finished back in Philippines as Filipinos we will always be categorized as 2nd or 3rd class citizens here in US since we came from a poor country and that is the truth. :( Peace! (L)(F) I'm a college drop-out and am not embarrass about that.Worked in Taiwan as factory worker,finished my contract went back to Philippines, enrolled in culinary school, met my husband the rest is history...I'm proud of the many pinoys who were very successful not just here in US but in many other countries as well. :thumbs:

I'm not ashamed being from third country. Our public schools in Philippines are not good as American public schools. In Philippines, you have to buy everything if your parents aren't interested to educate you then you're screwed.I accomplished my grade school and high school diplomas on my own sweat and tears. I was a working student in Cebu City as a tendera(retail and wholesale store). My four years high school were challenging. I worked 12 to 16 hours a day and study at night time. When my employer said, "You'd have to missed your class today." Then I had too. I frustrated every time I missed my school day. They would threatened to fire me if I compelled regarding my performance at school."As a working student, your attendance should be exempted." My employer said. Long short story, after 4 years worked, I graduated in high school. However, here in US, some students are so whiny. They don't appreciate what they have. If I was born in US, I probably finished any four year degree. Then I could pay back the tax payers for sending me to school. :hehe: Anyway, I don't really care about grumpy people from First World because its just coincidence that I'm not an American or a Marsian from mars :lol: but I have good common sense like everybody else. I speak 3 Filipino dialects fluently.

On the other hand, my husband knew about my dreams that I want to pursue my education(dreams). My child was just 3 years old when we immigrated here in US so I didn't go to school right away, I stayed at home as full time mother and wife. Also, I was willing to give up my dreams for my husband so I would not scare my husband(some man doesn't want a busy woman)although he agreed. He deliberately told me that he wants me to achieved my ambition.

Both of my parents are responsible but when my mother died, my father became ferocious and irresponsible.Long short story, even though I had lost both of my parents, I survive and never take any illegal narcotics. I never wanted to make other people to sorry for me because of my family tragedy. In fact, I didn't really like to tell anyone about my parents otherwise I drop my tears. But now I don't mind to share half of my past experience. Imagine a 10 years old girl

sat on their front door and fall asleep while waiting for her mother to come home.

On April 01, 2009 is my mother's 18th death Anniversary.

Okay drama is over. :rofl:

I'm just exercising online.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Appreciate it. Good things come to those who patiently wait. My dad was so mean to us (his children) too. He has a different view about life especially in the Philippines. But when all of his children migrated to the United States, he has changed a lot. Very funny huh!

I didn't have communication with my father for 12 years. So, before I flew here in US, I visited him and other relatives and I didn't tell them I'm immigrating. He was lil shy to me though.

Edited by sj5

That's a great story...so heavy drama talaga, but I like it. Nagpakatotoo ka lang talaga sis. I am reminded of some stories in Maalaala Mo Kaya. Yours can be a good entry. Joke sis! Peace (F)

Sige padala natin sa MMK. Magkano kaya ang bayad sa akin? :rofl:

Edited by sj5

Thanks for the info.

And God Bless on your exam.

:)

Good luck. You would enjoy the engineering environment here in the US. Once you prove them your worth. Everything would be easy.

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

uy wow ako rin chemical engineer!!!

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Timeline

ang alam ko sa mga ka school mate ko...nagtake sila ng FE exam, did you guys take FE Exam?

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

ang alam ko sa mga ka school mate ko...nagtake sila ng FE exam, did you guys take FE Exam?

What is FE exam?

This is my understanding, the GRE is to know your academic status here in the US. This is the score that would determine you in your school application, if you want to study masters or PhD.

The professional certification im working right now is on top of my engineering experience. This is an additional credential that would make me more competitive here in the US.

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

Timeline

FE Exam is fundamental in Engineering exams, this the first step if you want to be an engineering intern in the US just like licensure examinations if im not mistaken. Most of my schoolmate took this exam and yes they have your credentials to be evaluated to see if you can take the FE exam....

Another exam is PE exams....

Im looking forward on these two that ive plan to take in the future and then continuing studies later on

FE Exam is fundamental in Engineering exams, this the first step if you want to be an engineering intern in the US just like licensure examinations if im not mistaken. Most of my schoolmate took this exam and yes they have your credentials to be evaluated to see if you can take the FE exam....

Another exam is PE exams....

Im looking forward on these two that ive plan to take in the future and then continuing studies later on

Ah ok. Most of my friends went straight to study masters and PhDs. After graduation, applied in an engineering company.

Thanks for the info. This is new for me. :)

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.