windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I may have seen someone mentioned this before but i've having a difficult time in booking a one-way ticket through PAL. The error message that I received is "Sorry. We are having difficulty in validating your credit card. You may wish to enter details of an alternative card and try again. (M009)." Has anyone experienced this situation and if so successfully how did you get around this (besides using another card)? I used my VISA card. Aloha.

I have 4 different credit cards and none of them work on the PAL website. Apparently it's due to the Mastercard SecureCode and Verified by VISA they are using.

I have emailed them numerous times about this and all I get is a worthless canned response. I don't think they care if they sell tickets on their own website.

You can book PAL on Expedia for $5 more, that's what I did.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure: ...

Two words.... Plausible Deniability!

Personally, I suspect they don't want the grief associated with every AR or denial. It would further slow their bureaucratic process and be "unpleasant".

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline
That's one reason why I booked in advance and took the risk of hoping the visa is delivered in time. Anyway, good luck in your search for seats.

Thank you, We'll be flying via continental airlines tomorrow night. I am going to post my little experiences here about POE. Thanks for this wonderful community. Night and good mornng to all! Off the dreamland now.

Edited by RiggerAF

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Timeline
That's one reason why I booked in advance and took the risk of hoping the visa is delivered in time. Anyway, good luck in your search for seats.

Thank you, We'll be flying via continental airlines tomorrow night. I am going to post my little experiences here about POE. Thanks for this wonderful community. Night and good mornng to all! Off the dreamland now.

If you are on the CO flight to Guam and Honolulu I'd like to hear how it goes at the POE, and if it's done in Guam or Honolulu.

Timeline

Good luck to davidjack, binow and arch_n_cel who's interviews are today. And to anyone else not on our timeline list good luck to them too.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure:

I've read several posts of people who weren't quite sure whether they actually got approved or not. Do they blow fire out from their mouths if you dare to ask them?

You will not hear any word from the CO that you are already approved but you can see the PINK slip that says K APPROVED attached to your application forms.

After the interview with the CO you will then sit and wait for your number to be flash on the query board. You will then be given a pink slip and it is VISA DELIVERY FEE PAYMENT.

There is a reminder in the pink slip that says:

REMINDER: NO EMBASSY REPRESENTATIVE IS AUTHORIZED TO TELL APPLICANTS OR PETITIONERS THAT A VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED UNTIL A CONSULAR OFFICER AUTHORIZES PRINTING OF THE VISA. WE ARE UNABLE TO PREDICT WHEN AN APPLICANT WOULD QUALIFY FOR VISA ISSUANCE. DO NOT FINALIZE TRAVEL PLANS, DISPOSE OF PROPERTIES, OR RESIGN FROM YOUR JOBS UNTIL THE VISA IS ACTUALLY ISSUEd AND DELIVERED TO YOU.

In correction to my post. Sorry wasn't reading it right. duh! I was wondering the same thing and to my curiousity, I asked the lady at the immigrant visa call center and she said that eventhough you see a pink slip attached to your application forms the supervisor is still going to review it and sign it again for the authorization of visa to be printed and released.

Ah, ok. I was thinking that a final review was the reason but it seemed that nobody posting their interview experiences were explaining this and then many have had to deal with uncertainty as they await for the delivery of their Visas. What a gut wrenching experience to put us through! I understand that need to be thorough, but leave people in the dark the way the seem to do with some is barbaric.

Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure: ...

Personally, I suspect they don't want the grief associated with every AR or denial. It would further slow their bureaucratic process and be "unpleasant".

Very true! COs would, more than likely, have spend extra time trying to explain why the beneficiary was placed on AR or denied (especially if the sponsor is there), which would slow down the process.

Heh Sheriff, is that the same as saying CYA!! :lol:

Absolutely... That's why the COs always end the interview with, "Thank you now please wait in the lobby for your number to be called." Approved, AR, or Denied... Who knows!!!! In other works.... CYA!!! NEXT!!!

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

Very true! COs would, more than likely, have spend extra time trying to explain why the beneficiary was placed on AR or denied (especially if the sponsor is there), which would slow down the process.

Heh Sheriff, is that the same as saying CYA!! :lol:

Absolutely... That's why the COs always end the interview with, "Thank you now please wait in the lobby for your number to be called." Approved, AR, or Denied... Who knows!!!! In other works.... CYA!!! NEXT!!!

So the supervisor is reviewing it while you are waiting for them to call your number?

So the supervisor is reviewing it while you are waiting for them to call your number?

I would speculate that you are absolutely correct, and, at the least, the supervisor signs off on the COs recommendation of each case. However, the COs know whether they are going to recommend that the beneficiary's case is going to be approved, goes on AR, or flat out denied during the interview process. It would be nice for them to at least inform the beneficiaries at the conclusion of the interview of their recommendation. I pressume there are some cases, far and few between, that the supervisions may override the CO's recommendation. However, this is all speculation on my part.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

I would speculate that you are absolutely correct, and, at the least, the supervisor signs off on the COs recommendation of each case. However, the COs know whether they are going to recommend that the beneficiary's case is going to be approved, goes on AR, or flat out denied during the interview process. It would be nice for them to at least inform the beneficiaries at the conclusion of the interview of their recommendation. I pressume there are some cases, far and few between, that the supervisions may override the CO's recommendation. However, this is all speculation on my part.

:yes: well said!

Timeline
I may have seen someone mentioned this before but i've having a difficult time in booking a one-way ticket through PAL. The error message that I received is "Sorry. We are having difficulty in validating your credit card. You may wish to enter details of an alternative card and try again. (M009)." Has anyone experienced this situation and if so successfully how did you get around this (besides using another card)? I used my VISA card. Aloha.

I have 4 different credit cards and none of them work on the PAL website. Apparently it's due to the Mastercard SecureCode and Verified by VISA they are using.

I have emailed them numerous times about this and all I get is a worthless canned response. I don't think they care if they sell tickets on their own website.

Just a follow up. Apparently the PAL website is broken and credit cards just don't work at all. I just got a report from a friend that even a SecureCode card will not work.

If you are on the CO flight to Guam and Honolulu I'd like to hear how it goes at the POE, and if it's done in Guam or Honolulu.

yes, same here. my wife and i may take the CO flight 2 guam, would b very interested in the POE experience there. btw, congrats on ur approval and finally getting ur sons visa, we all know how hard the "unknown waits" can be.

Edited by soulm8z0928

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

I experienced the same thing using PAL website. After several calls to PAL Reservations, they told me there was problem with the website. they couldn't take payment for online booking. they quoted me a price $200 higher than online to book by phone, so I booked thru LBC Travel.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Just a follow up. Apparently the PAL website is broken and credit cards just don't work at all. I just got a report from a friend that even a SecureCode card will not work.

Can't you just call the airline up by phone? Most airlines have booking agents that can make the transition over the phone. Just a thought. :star:

Timeline

Can't you just call the airline up by phone? Most airlines have booking agents that can make the transition over the phone. Just a thought. :star:

Yes you can but the PAL prices are higher by phone. Sometimes higher than Expedia. Go figure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.