windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sounds good to me, we both love seafood and i think I actually might no where this is. If not, I am sure we can find it since we are staying in the Exec Plaza in Malate. See you there.

Shane, no problem, just hope I was able to help. Ken

Hello Sis..Hi Ken,

What :Manila Thread VJ Members Get Together

When: Feb 15th 2007--5:30 to 6:00 pm

Where:MEGA STAR seafood & hotpot restaurant- 512 Gen .Malvar St.Malate Manila .Tel.#522 -7009 TO 10

Glad to see and meet you all there.. (F) Some member here that wanna' join you are all very much welcome!

Sis Cora..im soo excited to see you.. :yes: Hope to hear Garya505's confirmation.

Hey Zhane Maria here!!!see just keep in faith and the storm (son under AR) will pass,im very glad that u have ur son's visa released soon!!!hope to see you in Hawaii !!!xoxo!!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure:

I've read several posts of people who weren't quite sure whether they actually got approved or not. Do they blow fire out from their mouths if you dare to ask them?

Only thing I can guess is that DOS intituted a new policy for all consulates last year that all files must be reviewed by a supervisor before release of Visa. Maybe that's why they don't or won't always say. So the CO may approve you but until the supervisor reviews it's not official. Seems like it was a post from Aussiewench and I don't really know how to find it again. But I have have heard some CO's will tell you if your approved or not and some won't. Also seems like I have seen that if the USC is at the interview they seem get an answer of approved or not. Thats just from what I've seen on VJ'ers who have attended the interview.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

We have bad news, are case is under AR for a few reasons. I am still getting the details for her at this time. We will have too wait now, she was told a week. Not a good start!

Just think positive vic&el4ever. Ill be praying for your visa too. Hope El will be able to provide the docs or info needed by the US embassy as soon as she can.

Ingats,

Thanks for everyone's support,

Questions come up now:

Can I call the manila too ask what is needed or is it too soon?

I was told by Eldalin that they was going too review, so maybe nothing else is needed only too check something.

Edited by vic&el4ever

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure:

I've read several posts of people who weren't quite sure whether they actually got approved or not. Do they blow fire out from their mouths if you dare to ask them?

You will not hear any word from the CO that you are already approved but you can see the PINK slip that says K APPROVED attached to your application forms.

After the interview with the CO you will then sit and wait for your number to be flash on the query board. You will then be given a pink slip and it is VISA DELIVERY FEE PAYMENT.

There is a reminder in the pink slip that says:

REMINDER: NO EMBASSY REPRESENTATIVE IS AUTHORIZED TO TELL APPLICANTS OR PETITIONERS THAT A VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED UNTIL A CONSULAR OFFICER AUTHORIZES PRINTING OF THE VISA. WE ARE UNABLE TO PREDICT WHEN AN APPLICANT WOULD QUALIFY FOR VISA ISSUANCE. DO NOT FINALIZE TRAVEL PLANS, DISPOSE OF PROPERTIES, OR RESIGN FROM YOUR JOBS UNTIL THE VISA IS ACTUALLY ISSUEd AND DELIVERED TO YOU.

Edited by RiggerAF

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Timeline
I may have seen someone mentioned this before but i've having a difficult time in booking a one-way ticket through PAL. The error message that I received is "Sorry. We are having difficulty in validating your credit card. You may wish to enter details of an alternative card and try again. (M009)." Has anyone experienced this situation and if so successfully how did you get around this (besides using another card)? I used my VISA card. Aloha.

The problem is not unique. It seems as though this has been an ongoing problem for at least a week. It must be some problem with their credit card authorization system. It's just not able to authorize the transaction. Somebody else posted a while ago about it and then called the booking center and were quoted a price higher than the web price! They would not book the ticket at the web price saying that was a different system.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline
Hey Zhane Maria here!!!see just keep in faith and the storm (son under AR) will pass,im very glad that u have ur son's visa released soon!!!hope to see you in Hawaii !!!xoxo!!

Hi Maria,thank you, I am hoping to meet you in Hawaii. Ken lives in Hickam right? Chris work there! Ang lapit lang! Kita tayo duon ha...we're going to call you. Chris has the numbers of your fiance.good luck on your interview.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure: ...

Two words.... Plausible Deniability!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
We have bad news, are case is under AR for a few reasons. I am still getting the details for her at this time. We will have too wait now, she was told a week. Not a good start!

Just think positive vic&el4ever. Ill be praying for your visa too. Hope El will be able to provide the docs or info needed by the US embassy as soon as she can.

Ingats,

Questions come up now:

I was told by Eldalin that they was going too review, so maybe nothing else is needed only too check something.

Wow Vic&El sorry to hear about your setback we are praying for an early resolution to your AR. It won't hurt to call, but whether they will release specifics over the phone is another matter. I do know they are obliged to put in writing the reason for the AR. Does anyone know if you can ask for the written reason immediately one is informed of AR and before you leave the Embassy?

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline
I may have seen someone mentioned this before but i've having a difficult time in booking a one-way ticket through PAL. The error message that I received is "Sorry. We are having difficulty in validating your credit card. You may wish to enter details of an alternative card and try again. (M009)." Has anyone experienced this situation and if so successfully how did you get around this (besides using another card)? I used my VISA card. Aloha.

The problem is not unique. It seems as though this has been an ongoing problem for at least a week. It must be some problem with their credit card authorization system. It's just not able to authorize the transaction. Somebody else posted a while ago about it and then called the booking center and were quoted a price higher than the web price! They would not book the ticket at the web price saying that was a different system.

They give a higher price than the usual online prices for the reason that they do not have available seats for the economy seats. I was gonna get PAL ticket for tomorrow but it's fully booked!(for economy that is)

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Timeline
Can someone explain why the Consulate upon completion of the interview will not come out and say, "Your Visa is approved?" :unsure: ...

Two words.... Plausible Deniability!

Heh Sheriff, is that the same as saying CYA!! :lol:

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline

You will not hear any word from the CO that you are already approved but you can see the PINK slip that says K APPROVED attached to your application forms.

After the interview with the CO you will then sit and wait for your number to be flash on the query board. You will then be given a pink slip and it is VISA DELIVERY FEE PAYMENT.

There is a reminder in the pink slip that says:

REMINDER: NO EMBASSY REPRESENTATIVE IS AUTHORIZED TO TELL APPLICANTS OR PETITIONERS THAT A VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED UNTIL A CONSULAR OFFICER AUTHORIZES PRINTING OF THE VISA. WE ARE UNABLE TO PREDICT WHEN AN APPLICANT WOULD QUALIFY FOR VISA ISSUANCE. DO NOT FINALIZE TRAVEL PLANS, DISPOSE OF PROPERTIES, OR RESIGN FROM YOUR JOBS UNTIL THE VISA IS ACTUALLY ISSUEd AND DELIVERED TO YOU.

In correction to my post. Sorry wasn't reading it right. duh! I was wondering the same thing and to my curiousity, I asked the lady at the immigrant visa call center and she said that eventhough you see a pink slip attached to your application forms the supervisor is still going to review it and sign it again for the authorization of visa to be printed and released.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Timeline
Luz, where do you want us to meet for the get-together? Ken&Maria, please confirm if you are coming. Maria (Richard & Maria) is confirmed na and so am I. Reminder: please expect the usual "KKB" arrangement (dutch treat).
PW, Ehssa of dave_ehssa in VJ. If I remember right her interview is the 16th but Dave could not make it to Manila. We are just waiting on Gary and Luz to set a date, place and time. I am hoping for the 15th since there seems to be a lot of interviews on the 16th. Ken

Hello Sis..Hi Ken,

What :Manila Thread VJ Members Get Together

When: Feb 15th 2007--5:30 to 6:00 pm

Where:MEGA STAR seafood & hotpot restaurant- 512 Gen .Malvar St.Malate Manila .Tel.#522 -7009 TO 10

Glad to see and meet you all there.. (F) Some member here that wanna' join you are all very much welcome!

Sis Cora..im soo excited to see you.. :yes: Hope to hear Garya505's confirmation.

I'm all for it. My fiancee is very shy and I know her first answer will be "no, I'm shy". Then I work on it from there. :lol:

Timeline

Questions come up now:

I sense that this is similar situation with my sons visa. It won't hurt to call. It's what they told us when we first called and to just wait for they are reviewing it and it will be released soon. Have faith in God. It will be released soon! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Zane

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

AOS

Timeline

They give a higher price than the usual online prices for the reason that they do not have available seats for the economy seats. I was gonna get PAL ticket for tomorrow but it's fully booked!(for economy that is)

That's one reason why I booked in advance and took the risk of hoping the visa is delivered in time. Anyway, good luck in your search for seats.

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife said the consulate officer said to her "okay, everything here looks fine." She was then instructed to pay the Delbros Visa delivery fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.