windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Yes Jo ..no fun at all there :no: ..whew im glad its over!! I drop my papers in the releasing counter at 5:am and they called my name at 2:40 for vaccination and wait another 21/2 hour before they release my paper and give my x-ray result! :

My son had to do another x-ray 5x different position and taht means expose himself to the radiation :( .they do that to make sure what is ''suspicious abnormalities''that they saw before..and Thanks God everything is clear and they even told my son Ok your a ''very healthy boy u can go to USA '' :rolleyes::rolleyes: ,W e start Robin's paper at 8 and were done at 5:30!!

Im just glad its over and I thank God for that!Thanks for your prayers Jo.. (F)

Glad to see familiar faces from VJ and WOF members!They are all so nice and sweet! :yes:

(F) [/font]

I am glad to know that although it took a while, your medical exam has been finally finished.

I would like to share some information so that others will understand how we come up with ancillary procedures before making a diagnosis. I have been seeing several people saying "suspicious abnormalities" are seen in their chest X-rays. It is a standard procedure that once this has been seen several films should be taken in different positions to confirm that the suspicious abnormality are not the active form of PTB. A radiologist will report something suspicious if some haziness(whiteness) is seen especially in the upper lobes of the lungs. If in the additional films taken the whiteness or haziness is still visualized by the radiologist, he then can make a diagnosis based on Chest Xray as PTB. If your son had that(TB) before and has been treated, a scar in the lung may be seen. Hence additional films are again necessary but the findings will say something like "no significant chest findings" rather than a "normal chest finding" . You need not worry about radiation since most of the tertiary hospital now especially here in Manila uses a better machine unlike the older manual type which has increase scatter radiation. It is not true anymore that only 3 chest X-rays are allowed per person in a year.

It is a different story if a person has a cough with a "suspicious findings" seen in chest Xray, this would require several other test like sputum exam and skin test. If it turns out that the other tests are negative, then the patient may have acquired pneumonia which can treated by antibiotics and with a repeat chest X-ray suspicious findings will no longer be seen. But of course you still have to see your doctor so they can examine you for your other presenting symptoms and consider another diagnosis. If it turns positive then triple anti-Kochs(TB) medications should be initiated immediately.

Good luck as you in the rest of your journey! :)

God bless! ;)

www.abbyandwin.net

Timeline:

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill overnight (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

February 12, 2007: Medical examination-done

March 2, 2007: Interview at 8:30 am (Gods Blessing)

March 23, 2007- VISA received at Makati

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Jo ..no fun at all there :no: ..whew im glad its over!! I drop my papers in the releasing counter at 5:am and they called my name at 2:40 for vaccination and wait another 21/2 hour before they release my paper and give my x-ray result! :

My son had to do another x-ray 5x different position and taht means expose himself to the radiation :( .they do that to make sure what is ''suspicious abnormalities''that they saw before..and Thanks God everything is clear and they even told my son Ok your a ''very healthy boy u can go to USA '' :rolleyes::rolleyes: ,W e start Robin's paper at 8 and were done at 5:30!!

Glad to see familiar faces from VJ and WOF members!They are all so nice and sweet! :yes:

(F) [/font]

oops, let me post again :blink:

I am glad to know that although it took a while, your medical exam has been finally finished.

I would like to share some information so that others will understand how we come up with ancillary procedures before making a diagnosis. I have been seeing several people saying "suspicious abnormalities" are seen in their chest X-rays. It is a standard procedure that once this has been seen several films should be taken in different positions to confirm that the suspicious abnormality are not the active form of PTB. A radiologist will report something suspicious if some haziness(whiteness) is seen especially in the upper lobes of the lungs. If in the additional films taken the whiteness or haziness is still visualized by the radiologist, he then can make a diagnosis based on Chest Xray as PTB. If your son had that(TB) before and has been treated, a scar in the lung may be seen. Hence additional films are again necessary but the findings will say something like "no significant chest findings" rather than a "normal chest finding" . You need not worry about radiation since most of the tertiary hospital now especially here in Manila uses a better machine unlike the older manual type which has increase scatter radiation. It is not true anymore that only 3 chest X-rays are allowed per person in a year.

It is a different story if a person has a cough with a "suspicious findings" seen in chest Xray, this would require several other test like sputum exam and skin test. If it turns out that the other tests are negative, then the patient may have acquired pneumonia which can treated by antibiotics and with a repeat chest X-ray suspicious findings will no longer be seen. But of course you still have to see your doctor so they can examine you for your other presenting symptoms and consider another diagnosis. If it turns positive then triple anti-Kochs(TB) medications should be initiated immediately.

Good luck as you in the rest of your journey! :)

God bless! ;)

Edited by terps76

www.abbyandwin.net

Timeline:

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case Number Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill overnight (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

February 12, 2007: Medical examination-done

March 2, 2007: Interview at 8:30 am (Gods Blessing)

March 23, 2007- VISA received at Makati

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am trying to determine what day my wife will receive her Visa in Cagayan De Oro. She had her interview on Thursday, January 25. I looked on the Delbros website and it only states that Embassy began the order at 12:15pm on January 25.

I need to estimate the date so that I can purchase her airlines ticket to come here.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, Luz and her son FINALLY finished their medical. It took a whole WEEK! Let me explain. They went to Manila on monday. Since Robin is 15 they separated them and had him go through with the men. Everything seemed to go OK at first. Then they told Luz that they wanted the psyc report from her annulment. So she had to have her sister go back to Olongapo and fax it to her. No big deal really. But with Robin it was a problem. During the interview part of the exam they started asking him questions like have you ever had this or that illness. When they asked him if he ever had "hepa" (hepatitis) he didn't know what they were talking about. He got confused and said yes. :( So they stopped his exam right there and told him to go to an outside hospital and have some blood tests done and come back with the results. The next day they went to the hospital and had the blood taken from Robin. Luz also got her papers that they wanted. They would not have the results from the test until wed. So on wed they got the results (negative of course) and went back to St. Lukes. Luz finished her exam, got her vaccinations and was OK. Robin was another story. They came up to Luz and said they had found something "suspicious" on his x-ray. They wanted to do more x-rays. So they had to go back the next day and have more pictures. On friday they went back and Robin finished the exam and the vaccinations. There was nothing wrong with his x-rays. So a 2 day exam turned out to be a week!!! What an ordeal for them. I am just glad it's over.

That was not fun...but we are glad they are done with the medicals. Good luck on the interview. We will be praying for Luz and Robin.

Godspeed,

(F)

(F)

Congratulations for you and your son!

My fiancee in CDO has two friends there that both received their VISA in 7 calendar days.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am trying to determine what day my wife will receive her Visa in Cagayan De Oro. She had her interview on Thursday, January 25. I looked on the Delbros website and it only states that Embassy began the order at 12:15pm on January 25.

I need to estimate the date so that I can purchase her airlines ticket to come here.

Well, Luz and her son FINALLY finished their medical. It took a whole WEEK! Let me explain. They went to Manila on monday. Since Robin is 15 they separated them and had him go through with the men. Everything seemed to go OK at first. Then they told Luz that they wanted the psyc report from her annulment. So she had to have her sister go back to Olongapo and fax it to her. No big deal really. But with Robin it was a problem. During the interview part of the exam they started asking him questions like have you ever had this or that illness. When they asked him if he ever had "hepa" (hepatitis) he didn't know what they were talking about. He got confused and said yes. :( So they stopped his exam right there and told him to go to an outside hospital and have some blood tests done and come back with the results. The next day they went to the hospital and had the blood taken from Robin. Luz also got her papers that they wanted. They would not have the results from the test until wed. So on wed they got the results (negative of course) and went back to St. Lukes. Luz finished her exam, got her vaccinations and was OK. Robin was another story. They came up to Luz and said they had found something "suspicious" on his x-ray. They wanted to do more x-rays. So they had to go back the next day and have more pictures. On friday they went back and Robin finished the exam and the vaccinations. There was nothing wrong with his x-rays. So a 2 day exam turned out to be a week!!! What an ordeal for them. I am just glad it's over.

That was not fun...but we are glad they are done with the medicals. Good luck on the interview. We will be praying for Luz and Robin.

Godspeed,

(F)

(F)

My fiancee in CDO has two friends there that both received their VISA in 7 calendar days.

Thanks Gary, I am hoping she will receive it by February 1st, fly to Manila on the 2nd and get her CFO stamp and then leave Manila on February 3, 2006. I dont know why, but on NWA.com when I look online some days it is $680 plus tax and other days it is $1790 plus tax for a one way ticket here. It doesn't make sense, but that is what I am finding.

And I'd like to thank my director, my producers, my co-actors and actresses, staff and crew (huh, this is not the Oscars?) hehehe

If there was... For Best Thread on VJ... The Oscar goes to.... Manila Embassy Interview...

a well deserved honor to PW and Sheriff Uling for his Phil-Am K-1 Information and all it's helpful links. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Godspeed,

(F)

(F)

Thanks Gary, I am hoping she will receive it by February 1st, fly to Manila on the 2nd and get her CFO stamp and then leave Manila on February 3, 2006. I dont know why, but on NWA.com when I look online some days it is $680 plus tax and other days it is $1790 plus tax for a one way ticket here. It doesn't make sense, but that is what I am finding.

Be very careful when booking NWA. They have a flight from Manila that connects in Nagoya AND Narita, and the Nagoya-Narita flight leg is a domestic Japanese flight.

A NWA flight that just connects in Narita would be fine though.

Would they keep you out is you have Hepatitis A or B?

Hepatitis B is a communicable disease and there’s a section in the INA which provides that aliens with communicable disease are ineligible to receive visas. However, waivers may be applied though this will take time and may require treatment first.

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILLITY

Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(1) Health-related grounds.-

(A) In general.-Any alien-

(i) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance, which shall include infection with the etiologic agent for acquired immune deficiency syndrome,

(ii) 1/ except as provided in subparagraph © 1a/ who seeks admission as an immigrant, or who seeks adjustment of status to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, and who has failed to present documentation of having received vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases, which shall include at least the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B and hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Comm ittee for Immunization Practices,

x x x

Thank you Birdysboy for bringing this to my attention. I stand to be corrected on this one. Hepa B, while a communicable disease, is not considered a disease of public health significance and according to CDC "HBsAg-positive persons should be considered eligible for migration and adjustment-of-visa status and they should be counseled and recommended for follow-up medical evaluation and management in their U.S. resettlement communities.

For more info on Hepa A and B, click here

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatit...acip_faq_fb.htm

Thank you Joel and Analyn for your kind words. I visit your pinoyinfo.net frequently but have not been an active poster lately. Arch and cel thank you too. Luz, sisterette, my co-member of the Mutual Admiration Society, salamat po, as always.

Just a reminder folks, as you can see in my post above regarding Hepa B, I make mistakes and give “bad advise” too. If you feel you are not comfortable with the advise that you received, please do not hesitate to let it be known so we can research, discuss and make corrections if necessary.

I think I need to return my Oscar statue as my performance has been less than sterling :lol: Hey Sheriff, my director and producer, come to my rescue! Hi-ho Silver, awaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

PW I think you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Timeline
Thank you Joel and Analyn for your kind words. I visit your pinoyinfo.net frequently but have not been an active poster lately. Arch and cel thank you too. Luz, sisterette, my co-member of the Mutual Admiration Society, salamat po, as always.

Just a reminder folks, as you can see in my post above regarding Hepa B, I make mistakes and give “bad advise” too. If you feel you are not comfortable with the advise that you received, please do not hesitate to let it be known so we can research, discuss and make corrections if necessary.

I think I need to return my Oscar statue as my performance has been less than sterling :lol: Hey Sheriff, my director and producer, come to my rescue! Hi-ho Silver, awaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Just as in real life, you are "Wonder Woman" when you are right and "The Lone Ranger" when you are wrong. hehehe

Not to worry Madam Chairman. You can water Silver and let him rest. Your microscopic faux pas was unveiled early. Not bad; one in two years.

Edited by robhankins

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline

I think the best expression for that is!!!!! "sencya na po tao lang nagkakamali" what important is we accept our fault , and our knowlegde has limitations... nobody's perfect in this world...dont worry your still our "WONDER WOMAN" like robhankins said in this thread he he he he :thumbs: The Lord still number 1 in the list who gave u wisdom to share your such wonderful knowledge, the 2nd is yours PW...and of course Sheriff Uling is the 3rd of our list who contribute his kindness and knowledge too... you'r such a big help here... and I think all of us here VJ members will agree w/ me.... Thanks to all you guys... and thanks God for giving us such a nice person like yours...Good Luck to all...and God bless us all!

we love u all, (F)

arch and cel

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Hi,

I spoke with my fiance and told her we will go ahead in full confidenc with our presumptive death document in court. Presumptive death is an acceptable way to show termination of marriage both in Philipino law and at the U.Sl Embassy site. Here it is addressed in the U..S. Embassy Site under the direct questioning of ...which I will site below:What are the main reasons a K1 visa is denied?http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

K1 applications are subject to the same review standards as immigrant visa applications. The main reasons for visa refusal are: lacking documentation; need to review or verify evidence; lack of petitionable relationship; misrepresentation of facts, medical and criminal grounds and potential public charge.A common basis for refusal is a prior marriage for the beneficiary or the petitioner that has not been legally terminated. There is no divorce in the Philippines. A consular officer will only accept a death certificate or a court ruling of annulment or of presumptive death as evidence that a Filipino marriage has been terminated. An American may terminate a Filipino marriage through a U.S. divorce.

And I know it's not a legal way to search but I did do a google search and the only problem I see with presumptive death as an issue for denial was just in Kirk and Jenny's post. It was never an issue before or during or after an interview until this particular post. Also I was curious why they needed a picture of her husband at that time. I'm glad they acknowledged they did not know the real reason for the denial.

So I think any one that is going the presumptive death route is fine.

Has anyone heard from neonspark and kirkandjenny?

I read Kirk's message on a thread he started ... that was about a week ago.. copying and pasting his message.. here it is:

I do not know if this will help anyone. It seems like we were rejected because Jenny did not have a picture of her and her ex-husband who deserted her and her child 5 years ago putting her brothers and then me in the position of supporting her and her child. Everything else was fine. I will fly over there and marry her soon. I will then come back and liquidate assets and emmigrate to the Philippines. I do not know if this is stating that presumptive death even though stated by the embassy is a valid show of singleness or not. I think we will never know the real reason for rejection. Anyway, I do not know if this helps anyone, but might be a reason to try annulment instead of presumptive death. Good luck to all of you and thanks for all the help this forum has been.

Kirk and Jenny

Oh my, how sad. I can certainly feel their pain.

KirkandJenny, if you are reading, a simple declaration of presumptive death is not enough to prove singleness even if it is issued by the court. A petition for annulment of marriage based on presumptive death should have been filed.

Do take note of this provision in the Family Code:

Art. 41. A marriage contracted by any person during subsistence of a previous marriage shall be null and void, unless before the celebration of the subsequent marriage, the prior spouse had been absent for four consecutive years and the spouse present has a well-founded belief that the absent spouse was already dead. In case of disappearance where there is danger of death under the circumstances set forth in the provisions of Article 391 of the Civil Code, an absence of only two years shall be sufficient.

For the purpose of contracting the subsequent marriage under the preceding paragraph the spouse present must institute a summary proceeding as provided in this Code for the declaration of presumptive death of the absentee,
without prejudice to the effect of reappearance of the absent spouse
. (83a)

Art. 42. The
subsequent marriage
referred to in the preceding Article
shall be automatically terminated by the recording of the affidavit of reappearance of the absent spouse, unless there is a judgment annulling the previous marriage or declaring it void ab initio

So Kirk, even if you do marry Jenny here, once the ex-husband re-surfaces and submits an affidavit of reappearance, your marriage to Jenny will be automatically terminated. Before you marry Jenny, I suggest to have her previous marriage annulled on the basis of presumptive death. And please consult a Philippine lawyer and verify these facts. I am not a lawyer and these are just my humble opinion.

The visa was denied because the declaration of presumptive death did not terminate the first marriage. It is an open-ended case as far as embassy is concerned.

At any rate, the Philippines is a lovely country, Kirk. It doesn't matter where you live, as long as you are together, everything will be fine.

(F)
PW

CSC

12-19-04- Met in AsianEuro

7-31-05 to 8-8-05- Ist Meeting

2-11-06 to 2-22-06- 2nd meeting

07-18-06- Sent 1-129F

07-22-06- Touched

09-19-06- NOA2

09-20-06- Touched

09-27-06- NOA2 snail mail

10-27-06- Fiance called NVC today and got our case number MNL2006799***

10-31-06- Got email from NVC

11-03-06- Letter from NVC

11-06-06- Sent a fax letter to Manila Embassy to correct my name

11-16-06- Manila Embassy received physical files from NVC

12-13-06- My honey called USE got our interview date

2-13-07- Medical

2-20-07- Interview- Approved

2-26-07- Visa Delivered

3-02-07- Fly to Seattle

3-02-07- Arrived in Seattle and live with my honey for the rest of my life

an article I found about presumptive death...

http://www.gtalawphil.com/usimmigration_articles3.htm

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I dont know why, but on NWA.com when I look online some days it is $680 plus tax and other days it is $1790 plus tax for a one way ticket here. It doesn't make sense, but that is what I am finding.

Glenn, NW has several booking classes for coach/economy called V, Q, M, B, Y with Y being the highest economy. I’m not sure which of V,Q,M is lowest economy but let’s say V is lowest, if you search for lowest airfare and booking class V has seats available, it will give you that seat and fare. If not available, it will then search in the next higher coach class such as Q and M and so on and so forth until you reach Y class. The airfares seem erratic because these booking classes are sometimes available only on certain days and certain routes and seats are limited.

The V, Q, M, B tickets have restrictions. The lower the fare, the plentiful the restrictions so buyers beware. Check the restrictions carefully. Some restrictions include:

1) non-reroutable

2) non-rebookable (NW would normally re-book but with penalty)

3) Non-refundable

4) Valid only on certain days

5) Valid only for a certain period of time

Personally, I’ve never had any problems with the lower coach fare if I stick to my itinerary.

From the NW website:

Certain promotions require using a specific Fare Basis Code or Booking Class. The Booking Class(es) for your flight is listed on the "flight selection" page. The Fare Basis Code(s) for your flight is viewable by clicking on "Fare Rules" at the bottom of the Flight Summary page. Please refer to the terms and conditions of your specific promotion to confirm what Fare Basis Codes or Booking Class will qualify.

I think the best expression for that is!!!!! "sencya na po tao lang nagkakamali"

Hahahaha! I wanted to say that but could not find the English equivalent that would make it sound as funny as when we say it in Tagalog. English equivalent is corny eh (loose translation "begging your pardon, just a human being here prone to committing mistakes). Not as funny as "censya na po, tao lang po!" Di ba? Hehehe

And I know it's not a legal way to search but I did do a google search and the only problem I see with presumptive death as an issue for denial was just in Kirk and Jenny's post. It was never an issue before or during or after an interview until this particular post. Also I was curious why they needed a picture of her husband at that time. I'm glad they acknowledged they did not know the real reason for the denial.

So I think any one that is going the presumptive death route is fine.

I believe too that presumptive death route is fine. We just wish the embassy would be more up-front about the reason for denial or AR. It is frustrating when the persons involved themselves are left in the dark by the embassy as to what went wrong. Ambiguous replies like "wait til you hear from us", "administrative processing", "administrative review" do not help us any.

Reading from the article that roy sent, it would seem that more and more people would choose to go this route as it is faster and simpler. The downside would be that the embassy will start noticing (or maybe has noticed) a trend of more cases of presumptive death and would probably give new cases a second look. Presumptive death involving plane crash, sea mishaps, armed conflict, and kidnapping would probably have easier sailing compared to those whose ex-spouse just disappeared. Just my opinion though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.