windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Gary sounds good to me. I arive the 14th and our interview is the 16th. Party somewhere on the 15th one way or the other. Ken and Maria

Second, Luz and Robin just left for their medical. Luz is really nervous about it because she doesn't like shots or the peeking "down there" but she is screwing up her courage to do it. While she is in Manila she will also get updated NBI, BC and Annullment papers. I have everything done here paperwork wise other than getting my I-134 noterized. I'll do that monday. It looks like we are about ready for the interview next month. God! 23 more days 'till I get there and 25 days 'till the interview!!! I cant wait!!!!

Luz was going to go on the 18-19 but her son had final tests on those days. She also had a bit of a cough and she didn't want them to think she had TB and make her come back for more tests. We still plan on being in Manila Feb 14-15. I am hoping that we can make it a party one of those nights.

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it is a "slow news day" in the Manila forum, I'll share that last night Jenalyn and I got married. We were married by the Camp Hill Mayor at the Cornerstone Coffee House (and wedding chapel) and then everybody walked down the street to the Lebanese restaurant for a feast (complete with belly dancers) prepared by Mike the owner. Not exactly a "traditional" wedding night, but it was a blast, and everybody and a great time (some more then others based upon the number of wine bottles we went through).

Congratulations, Brent! That sounds nice! :star: Weddings should be memorable and it seems like so much fuss is put into the big ones that they are more headache than anything. We plan to wait and have a church wedding next year in the Philippines, so nothing fancy for the civil ceremony. :star:

I was talking to Luz the other day about this. I think we will have a short civil wedding within a week of her arrival. That way we can get started on the AOS. Then we will have a big wedding at my Dad's place with all the relatives present and then go to Vegas for a honeymoon. If the weather is nice we will have an outdoor wedding at my dad's farm. It is so beautiful there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi.

I'm curious how much a cell phone text message costs to send from Philippines.

Thanks,

Mike

There are a couple relay services, Judy uses Smart and her outgoing texts cost 1P I pay a relay service 5cents per text both incoming and outgoing, pretty cheap for me, almost free for her and works out just fine. We typically send 1000 texts per month I send txt to a number here in the states, they relay it to the PI, Judy replies to a local number in the PI they relay it to me

http://www.loadntxt.com

or

www.spidertext.com

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Philip has his interview Feb 8th I am not gonna be there....i am planning on going over there end of march and staying till end of may. am i right visa is gud for 4 months? also does he need to give specific p/o/e? cause I dont know what were doing as far as flying back to NY , my friend works for Northwest and I am not sure if we are gonna stop over in hawaii(if they stop there) and stay awhile or go back to ny, or whatever. I am waiting to go there cause march he finishes his work. thanks

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
Hi.

I'm curious how much a cell phone text message costs to send from Philippines.

Thanks,

Mike

There are a couple relay services, Judy uses Smart and her outgoing texts cost 1P I pay a relay service 5cents per text both incoming and outgoing, pretty cheap for me, almost free for her and works out just fine. We typically send 1000 texts per month I send txt to a number here in the states, they relay it to the PI, Judy replies to a local number in the PI they relay it to me

http://www.loadntxt.com

or

www.spidertext.com

There is also Chikka. Instant messaging. You can download client to your computer. You use computer and she uses her cell (fee) or computer. But if she is on a computer it is free on both ends. Your "sends" are free to you. You can also send photos via Chikka if she has photo enabled cell. You can also send loads from inside Chikka. I think it is about 2.5 pesos per text from her cell (comes off her smart of globe load). www.chikka.com

Edited by robhankins

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife has her interview on 01/25. We don't expect any issues there, as she has everything in order and I sent everything but actual DNA about me! Her POE will be Detroit. I will fly there that morning and then fly home to Florida with her that evening on the same flight. In scheduling our flights, I just wonder how much time it takes for her at the POE in Detroit before she is ready to leave for her flight to Florida? Maybe someone can give me their experience with arrival at the POE. I would certainly appreciate it. Good luck to all!

Glenn

It"s that time of the month. haven't noticed and postings of March interview dates yet. maybe later today. hope those expecting one receive it. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
It"s that time of the month. haven't noticed and postings of March interview dates yet. maybe later today. hope those expecting one receive it. :thumbs:

Us too Hehe! Thanks Roy!

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Timeline

I finally got a response from PAL online booking regarding re-booking fees. $90 is the re-booking fee for flights not originating in the Philippines and $25 for flights from the Philippines.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Us too Hehe! Thanks Roy!

start clicking the appointment link this afternoon. have a feeling today could be your day.

Timeline

Us too Hehe! Thanks Roy!

start clicking the appointment link this afternoon. have a feeling today could be your day.

I hope u are right about the posting this afternoon. They need to do it soon for the March Interviews so the medical can be done at the end of Feb. You are obviously more experienced at this than we are. What time of the month do they normally post it? My understanding was they posted about the middle of the month. Also will they post for one month or two months at a time?

Thanks for the response, Dean

My wife has her interview on 01/25. We don't expect any issues there, as she has everything in order and I sent everything but actual DNA about me! Her POE will be Detroit. I will fly there that morning and then fly home to Florida with her that evening on the same flight. In scheduling our flights, I just wonder how much time it takes for her at the POE in Detroit before she is ready to leave for her flight to Florida? Maybe someone can give me their experience with arrival at the POE. I would certainly appreciate it. Good luck to all!

Glenn

She will pick up her Visa at the USE then you will fly there too pick her up?

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Hi,

Our interview and medical showed up online Dec. 18 for the Feb list. I was over in Manila with my wife for Christmas and we just decided to go to an internet cafe and there it was. So at least our experience was the 18th the new lists came out. I have browsed other timelines and found that some March dates are listed. But you know, what I've read from other posts is that they don't always show up online and they had to call. I pray that you all get notifications for March--good luck!

Gary

I hope u are right about the posting this afternoon. They need to do it soon for the March Interviews so the medical can be done at the end of Feb. You are obviously more experienced at this than we are. What time of the month do they normally post it? My understanding was they posted about the middle of the month. Also will they post for one month or two months at a time?

Vick, Unless I read it wrong, Glenn is meeting her at the POE not Manila. Ken

Glenn

She will pick up her Visa at the USE then you will fly there too pick her up?

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Us too Hehe! Thanks Roy!

the interviews are released anytime after the 15th of the month. they release one month at a time. since it's Monday the 22nd now in Manila, that's why I'm thinking they could be released today. I'l keep my fingers crossed for everyone waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.